General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

South Florida service shops

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 09:19 AM
southernmostminiguy
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
South Florida service shops

Has anyone had any experience with independent shops in South Florida that service Minis?

Old 01-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Kentiki
5th Gear
Precision Autowerks is excellent:
7254 NW 25th St
Miami, FL 33122
(305) 591-7434

Ken

Old 01-12-2009, 02:55 PM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kentiki
Precision Autowerks is excellent:
7254 NW 25th St
Miami, FL 33122
(305) 591-7434

Ken

You beat me to it!

Luis Sanchez from Precision Autowerks is the best

He did my powerflex bushings install last week The man is the defacto MINI guru in South Florida

I have known Luis for about 6 years. He is the most professional, honest car mechanic I have ever dealt with. He has over 20 years experience working and tuning cars and he is a 3 time MINI owner and one incredible driver out in the track and auto-x.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Kentiki
5th Gear
Well said...plus, when he swapped out my stock pulley, I knew I was in the right place when I saw about 20 stock pulleys stacked on a shelf!

Old 01-28-2009, 09:06 AM
investigator
4th Gear
South Florida is a big place. What part of it are you asking about re Mini shops? I'm in Bradenton on the west coast about 50 south of Tampa. If you want names of shops here I"ve got some.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:54 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by investigator
South Florida is a big place. What part of it are you asking about re Mini shops? I'm in Bradenton on the west coast about 50 south of Tampa. If you want names of shops here I"ve got some.
Tampa is not South Florida. Probably western central Florida or Southwestern Florida (Naples, Ft. Myers area) at the most. Tampa is Florida west coast for us.

South Florida is mostly referred to as Miami-Dade, Broward and southern Palm Beach counties

Old 01-28-2009, 11:12 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Feel free to give a list to those of us in "Southwest" Florida.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:18 PM
investigator
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ClubmanS
Tampa is not South Florida. Probably western central Florida or Southwestern Florida (Naples, Ft. Myers area) at the most. Tampa is Florida west coast for us.

South Florida is mostly referred to as Miami-Dade, Broward and southern Palm Beach counties
Well there ya go. Just goes to show that I sometimes don't know what I'm talking about. And the Tampa area south is referred to here as Southwest Florida. Ah well. Gettin' old sucks.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:24 PM
investigator
4th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Feel free to give a list to those of us in "Southwest" Florida.
Lowe's Automotive 5720 Pinckney Ave. off Clark Rd. 924 8597. There is also a place up in Largo off Ulmerton Rd. If you go to the Sunshine Mini website you'll find some places in Pinellas and Hillsborough counties.

Last edited by investigator; 04-05-2011 at 08:44 AM. Reason: The original recommendation has turned out to be less than once experienced.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:31 PM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Well there ya go. Just goes to show that I sometimes don't know what I'm talking about. And the Tampa area south is referred to here as Southwest Florida. Ah well. Gettin' old sucks.
It was not my intent to give you a lesson in geography

Though I never understood with they named a school "University of South Florida" right smack in Tampa.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:39 PM
investigator
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ClubmanS
It was not my intent to give you a lesson in geography

Though I never understood with they named a school "University of South Florida" right smack in Tampa.
You certainly didn't offend me. I was poking fun at myself. I do recall in the last few months I spoke with someone who was from the Miami area and she kept referring to it as South Florida. I didn't question it at the time. I guess it didn't occur to me that it was different from SW Florida. Cheers.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:13 PM
morphix
3rd Gear
I have not taken my MCS here but my brother just picked up his Mustang GT from

http://www.autosalon2000.com/

1650 S Powerline Rd # A, Deerfield Beach - (954) 481-1615

They normally don't work on american cars but did a fantastic job and while on a tour of their facility there were 2 MINIs being worked on.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:29 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I have my Mini serviced by Renn Haus in Sarasota. The owner and the techs are mainly Porsche/BMW people but they know their stuff about Minis. Renn Haus is at 613 Clark Center Ave, Sarasota, off Clark Rd. 941 922 3600. Guy is the owner, tell him **** B sent you. I'm presuming you are in Sarasota or environs.

Another place is Lowe's Automotive 5720 Pinckney Ave. also off Clark Rd. 924 8597. There is also a place up in Largo off Ulmerton Rd. If you go to the Sunshine Mini website you'll find some places in Pinellas and Hillsborough counties.
Thanks. We went to a guy in Sarasota off 301 near 20th St (I think). Ended up that our car was towed by MINI from there to Ferman to get a Goodwill Warranty done on the car. The guy was decent enough and didn't charge us anything. Our car died on the way to his place and we had to have it towed about two blocks. He seemed like a cool guy but since we didn't have any service done there...

I think the husband may have called the guy on Clark but don't remember if he was very helpful or not. We were trying to figure out if the car was ok to drive (based on symptoms) to get it fixed and the only thing anyone else would tell us was that "we'd have to see it". It was classic "limp mode" stuff and the belt snapped while driving.

As for "South Florida" vs "Southwest Florida" vs "West Central Florida"... who knows. I thought that WAY down south near Miami was actually called something else. Thanks for the info. Your name to give the Clark Rd guy is **** B... does that mean D-I-C-K? I remember trying to type in the name of the host of "Rockin' New Year's Eve" with **** Clark.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:52 PM
investigator
4th Gear
Thanks. We went to a guy in Sarasota off 301 near 20th St (I think). Ended up that our car was towed by MINI from there to Ferman to get a Goodwill Warranty done on the car. The guy was decent enough and didn't charge us anything. Our car died on the way to his place and we had to have it towed about two blocks. He seemed like a cool guy but since we didn't have any service done there...

I think the husband may have called the guy on Clark but don't remember if he was very helpful or not. We were trying to figure out if the car was ok to drive (based on symptoms) to get it fixed and the only thing anyone else would tell us was that "we'd have to see it". It was classic "limp mode" stuff and the belt snapped while driving.

As for "South Florida" vs "Southwest Florida" vs "West Central Florida"... who knows. I thought that WAY down south near Miami was actually called something else. Thanks for the info. Your name to give the Clark Rd guy is **** B... does that mean D-I-C-K? I remember trying to type in the name of the host of "Rockin' New Year's Eve" with **** Clark.
My first name is Richard and it seems a lot of people don't know that the nickname for Richard is ****. There is no reason why you couldn't spell **** in your response. I guess you have a problem with it. Sorry to hear about your misfortune with your Mini. I hope Ferman treated you right. They've done OK by me up to this point but it's no fun to have to drive 65 miles for a service.

Last edited by investigator; 04-05-2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: I no longer recommend the shop I mentioned.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:00 PM
miniola
6th Gear
My first name is Richard and it seems a lot of people don't know that the nickname for Richard is ****. There is no reason why you couldn't spell **** in your response. I guess you have a problem with it. Anyhow, I gave the wrong address for Renn Haus. It is 6130 Clark Center Avenue, Suite 105. which is off Clark Rd. not on Clark Rd. They are reliable and honest. Sorry to hear about your misfortune with your Mini. I hope Ferman treated you right. They've done OK by me up to this point but it's no fun to have to drive 65 miles for a service.
I don't have a problem with the nickname at all... but the software apparently does because it just puts stars there instead of the name. It's missing the common sense part I guess.

Actually, I go all the way to Orlando now. No loaner car though because I bought the car in Texas.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:57 PM
investigator
4th Gear
I don't have a problem with the nickname at all... but the software apparently does because it just puts stars there instead of the name. It's missing the common sense part I guess.

Actually, I go all the way to Orlando now. No loaner car though because I bought the car in Texas.
You are right about the common sense part. That is very strange that the software doesn't let you enter certain words. Many years ago a buddy and I went to a bar after racquetball and played a game sort of like jeopardy on a tv screen. Since his name is Richard also we called ourselves the two dicks. It wouldn't accept it. Anyhow, if you live in the Sarasota area why oh why are you driving to Orlando? Surely Palm Harbor is closer. Try Renn Haus, unless of course it is a warranty issue.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:23 PM
miniola
6th Gear
You are right about the common sense part. That is very strange that the software doesn't let you enter certain words. Many years ago a buddy and I went to a bar after racquetball and played a game sort of like jeopardy on a tv screen. Since his name is Richard also we called ourselves the two dicks. It wouldn't accept it. Anyhow, if you live in the Sarasota area why oh why are you driving to Orlando? Surely Palm Harbor is closer. Try Renn Haus, unless of course it is a warranty issue.
So funny that it doesn't let me write **** Clark but it let's you use the plural- dicks? I'll see what's starred when I hit submit here.

Palm Harbor is closer and that was where I went for every service. And then something happened that made me not want to go back... so I have to drive to Orlando now.

Last edited by miniola; 01-28-2009 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Yup! It put stars for the singular version! Hysterical!