General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MINI Motoring Graphics

Old 10-09-2008, 05:22 AM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MINI Motoring Graphics

Just saw this today...
http://www.minimotoringgraphics.com/
...not sure if any of you guys/gals have seen it.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:42 AM
Froglips
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw, it and it is cool... But there is this guy named, Mike, here in Arizona that owns a graphics company called "Aestheticreations.net", and he can do everything they can do, but better, and usually much cheaper... And he seems to be a very honest/honorable guy to deal with as well.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Ian Venieri
3rd Gear
The Mini dealers have been mailed materials on this company by Mini USA who appear to be endorsing (?) the product.

The website has many empty categories so the company may be in its beginnings and the product quality and service will have to be proven in the market.

Their competition is Mike at: http://www.aestheticreations.net/index.htm

who seems to be a good guy, responsive and reasonably priced.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:09 PM
wbarnhill
Coordinator :: Upstate MINIs
Originally Posted by Froglips
I saw, it and it is cool... But there is this guy named, Mike, here in Arizona that owns a graphics company called "Aestheticreations.net", and he can do everything they can do, but better, and usually much cheaper... And he seems to be a very honest/honorable guy to deal with as well.
Originally Posted by Ian Venieri
The Mini dealers have been mailed materials on this company by Mini USA who appear to be endorsing (?) the product.

The website has many empty categories so the company may be in its beginnings and the product quality and service will have to be proven in the market.

Their competition is Mike at: http://www.aestheticreations.net/index.htm

who seems to be a good guy, responsive and reasonably priced.
This looks like FUD at its finest. I know people in the MINI community stick together, and that's all well and good, but throwing out unsubstantiated information like "oh well Mike does better work" (even though the individual more than likely hasn't ordered a single thing from the site) and "the company may be in its beginnings so it'll suck" do nothing to broaden the community. Competition is the key to the marketplace.

As for the company behind the Motoring Graphics site, it's Original Wraps, Inc. The company was founded in 2006. Some areas on MMG could be blank because it just rolled out. That's typical in the area of new websites. Heck, there's still outdated information on the MINIUSA site.

I just think we should relax, give the new guy a shot (some companies have been shunned only to end up being some of the most trusted vendors in the community), and see how the marketplace reacts. They may sell crap or they may sell quality. We don't really know yet until people start buying. But I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. Until then, let's at least not try to badmouth them.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:16 PM
UKDragon
Iguana Tamer
It didn't sound like anyone was bad mouthing them to me.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:00 PM
minimike21
5th Gear
im going to bump this thread... has anyone dealt with them recently? i just got off the phone with them.. seemed like a nice guy and helped me with what i was looking for... made a project for me so they are going to design me something hopefully cool... i will let you guys know what it looks like... going for the interior dash vinyl in a red carbon fiber like design...

Old 11-28-2011, 12:55 PM
motor12
3rd Gear
I think the red carbon fiber accent would work for me. I'll keep watching this post to see what happens..

Old 11-28-2011, 12:59 PM
minimike21
5th Gear
Ya I saw someone on here that wrapped his door pulls with it but it was real carbon fiber not vinyl. Looked amazing. I'll let you know what they come up with.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:37 PM
rum4
Banned
Interested to see what happens, will be paying attention to this thread....

Old 11-28-2011, 07:29 PM
minimike21
5th Gear
Should hear in 24-48 hours they said. With a image of the graphics they have come up with.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:01 AM
minimike21
5th Gear
alright so they sent me a mock up of something they can do... they may do another one... as far as red carbon fiber... they donthave it but they made it "look" like it.. could be kind of cool... i want it a little brighter but hard to tell from the picture...

Attached Thumbnails MINI Motoring Graphics-carbonredinterior.jpg  
Old 12-02-2011, 10:14 AM
rustyeuro
5th Gear
I've been looking at their snow camo roof bit. but $395 is holding me back

Old 12-02-2011, 12:07 PM
mikeyb74
6th Gear
My service advisor emailed me the link to this. But they do not rear boot stripes.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:10 AM
minimike21
5th Gear
alright got an update on the color ... like this one a lot better!

Attached Thumbnails MINI Motoring Graphics-carbonredinterior-1.jpg  
Old 12-27-2011, 03:22 PM
minimike21
5th Gear
received this in the mail today... cant tell what it looks like yet because it needs to be installed and i dont want to peel back the paper and ruin it before i get it to my car... itll be a little before i get it on as im in texas and my car is in washington... illl keep you updated... seems like it will be a pretty easy install not super thin material but not super thick either we will see... ill take it slow and see if i can do it without air bubbles..

Old 01-09-2012, 12:25 PM
minimike21
5th Gear
just posted this on what have you done to your mini.... forgot about this thread... wish it covered the whole dash...

Old 01-10-2012, 12:06 PM
motor12
3rd Gear
I like that, alot... I may try that also.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:46 PM
minimike21
5th Gear
Ya it's pretty nice but like I said wish it covered the whole dash

Old 01-10-2012, 07:58 PM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That looks really cool. My dash is done in regular black CF wrap (although not done very well, since I wrapped it myself.)

Old 01-10-2012, 08:06 PM
minimike21
5th Gear
The pictures are pretty cool. It isn't real carbon fiber because they didn't have red carbon fiber so they made a print that looked like it. It does the job but it isn't something I would do again. I would go for the real thing or even just paint it gloss red. But I like it for now. It really makes the interior pop now.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:26 AM
morphix
3rd Gear
I got some Blackjack ones a few months back. I love them!

Old 01-11-2012, 10:48 AM
minimike21
5th Gear
yours looks good with the solid silver dash... i think mine is a little contrasty because of the checker dash... hmmmmmm

Old 01-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Kirby11
5th Gear
I wish they offered a version of these decal that's about 1/8" larger on all sides for those of us with the patterned dash designs, especially since the default OEM option is the checkered pattern.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Nick5811
3rd Gear
My experience with MMG...

Not happy with the results:

So I emailed them asking for a new larger set that lines up or a refund. This was their response:

Originally Posted by MiniMotoringGraphics

Per our Online Return / Refund Policy

Every item we sell is carefully inspected before it is shipped. If you are not satisfied with the goods and inform us within seven days of your receipt of the goods, we will arrange to collect them (the whole order) and give a full refund. Or we will exchange items if they are faulty on delivery to you and we are notified within 10 days of the customers receipt of the product. All products to be returned must be carefully repackaged in their original packing.

Once a graphic is installed is it considered accepted by the customer and approved as produced.

I have forwarded your file over to Engineering and CS/QA.

These parts were developed to be installed by the vehicle owner (an inexperienced installer). We tested these products and have sold them with great success to MINI owners for years. If I offset the graphic +1/8", we'll run into installation issues.

If we decide that adding material to all interior pieces is completely necessary, then we would supply panels with plenty of bleed to be cut away by a professional installer. This will increase the cost of the part and will require the installer to remove the panels from the vehicle prior to installing increasing the cost of labor as well. A $29-$80 item will quickly become a $200-300 dollar personalization and most (the average) consumers are not looking for that much investment. They want something quick, easy, fun and do it yourself.

We've found that this issue comes up about once or twice per hundred customers.

We cannot change CADs that we've had such success with I disagree that it should be done differently for customer seeking something different then what we offer on the website and catalog we can always make them larger pieces at the rate 39.99 a piece using the customization part of our program. You will need to advise them that doing this will require a professional 3M certified licensed and insured installer and that installer a larger piece themselves or attempting to have someone outside the network do the install will void the 3M 3 year 36,000 Mile warranty. Also most installers will charge an absolute minimum of 2 hours of labor for any install even if it only takes 30-45 minuets to preform

Basically, once a graphic is installed is it considered accepted by the customer and approved as produced, even though I have no way to tell prior to installation that it isn't going to fit.

And I guess me and minimike are the only two people that have ever been unhappy with our purchases.

Based on the response from customer service, I guess it's time to dispute the charge with my credit card company since it doesn't look like they are going to do the "right" thing.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Kirby11
5th Gear
Did you send them the picture that shows how the stars aren't distanced the same on the middle piece and ask if that can be properly re-printed? Yours looks to me like a programming error in their design, a separate but equally concerning issue as their obnoxiously large margins.

Their self congratulating QA process considers the issue to come up once or twice per hundred purchasing customers; they fail to consider those who won't ever be a purchasing customer if they don't step up and create a properly sized product.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MINI Motoring Graphics