General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accident: Need a really good repair/bodyshop in SoCal.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 12:03 PM
flingger
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accident: Need a really good repair/bodyshop in SoCal.

So, you never expect it to happen to you...but it did. So guy ran a red light and I tagged the tail end of his mini van. So it looks like the hood, bumper cover..bumper, headlight, A/C radiator and misc stuff is jacked up. So, where to have it repaired is now the question.

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-03-2008, 02:36 PM
STLMINI
6th Gear
It's not your fault right? The guy who hit you has insurance? Go to your dealer.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:22 PM
krim
5th Gear
So Cal is a huge area. You may want to post in the So Cal section, or put OC So Cal in your title.

I know some, but they're up here in central LA Co. Ask your insurance co or your local dealer and see what they recommend, then drive by and check them out.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:55 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel for you!! I would check with your Dealer and see who they would recommend.

Let us know how things turn out!!

Old 10-04-2008, 09:29 PM
markldriskill
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How good? There are degrees of "good." If you want a really premium repair job, then in the LA/Orange County area, one fine place is Wet Works (in OC). They do show cars, etc. If, on the other hand, you are looking for a competitive place that just won't screw you, AND that your insurer will pay for as much of the bill as possible, then take the advice of your local dealer or, if you have a lot of confidence in them, your insurance co.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Ian Venieri
3rd Gear
Tijuana Mexico off course:

http://www.autobodymx.com/abg_Location.htm

These legal Mexican citizens will do a much better job than their illegal cousins working the body shops of all CA dealers (the good ones stay while the bad ones go north).

The significant cost savings will pay for a nice vacation, great food and drink, cheap prescription medications and if you're not an ugly gringo you may even find charming female companionship.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Ian Venieri
Tijuana Mexico off course:

http://www.autobodymx.com/abg_Location.htm

These legal Mexican citizens will do a much better job than their illegal cousins working the body shops of all CA dealers (the good ones stay while the bad ones go north).

The significant cost savings will pay for a nice vacation, great food and drink, cheap prescription medications and if you're not an ugly gringo you may even find charming female companionship.
Then they steal your car and you get kidnapped. I'd avoid mexico if I were you. Anyways Ive had good success with High Tek Auto Body in the OC area.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:20 PM
flingger
4th Gear
Thanks everyone...the insurance company suggested a place in LA at Pico & Crenshaw called AceTech Autobody. They are an approved bodyshop, so any hidden repairs they find do not need to be called into the insurance company to get approval...they are automatically approved. I am going to call Long Beach MINI, which is where I get my car worked on, and find out who they recommend.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Originally Posted by flingger
Thanks everyone...the insurance company suggested a place in LA at Pico & Crenshaw called AceTech Autobody. They are an approved bodyshop, so any hidden repairs they find do not need to be called into the insurance company to get approval...they are automatically approved. I am going to call Long Beach MINI, which is where I get my car worked on, and find out who they recommend.
Long Beach Mini has there own body shop that is through them. But make sure the insurance pays because its 10x the cost of a normal body shop. To replace my re-paint my hood and rear quarter panel they quoted me at $2400. High Tek did it for $750 and it was just as well.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:53 PM
proximal
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had good experience with Caesar at Century Collision in Orange. Their specialty is giant, elaborate murals on RVs and the paint work is first rate.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:30 PM
flingger
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Jtrem
Long Beach Mini has there own body shop that is through them. But make sure the insurance pays because its 10x the cost of a normal body shop. To replace my re-paint my hood and rear quarter panel they quoted me at $2400. High Tek did it for $750 and it was just as well.
Hey Jtrem...where I High Tek located?

Old 10-06-2008, 06:25 AM
Ian Venieri
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Jtrem
Then they steal your car and you get kidnapped. I'd avoid mexico if I were you.
The only people stealing cars are the Federales and they only steal new black full size SUVs parked at various malls in San Diego. The only car they may steal south of the border is the H1 Hummer since those are getting scarce in California.

As for kidnapping you have nothing to fear as they only target heads of large corporations with good ransom potential and don't waste their time on gringo students.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
High Tek is located in Anahiem.

Also, Im not a Gringo Student. If thats what you were saying.