General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Essential Mini UK??!!??!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:54 PM
mini d
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Essential Mini UK??!!??!!

Man, I don't know what it is about ordering from the UK. This is the second time I have had trouble. Mike at New Mini Stuff came through after some difficulty and was able to get my CF door handles and speaker grilles to me. Now it is Simon over at Essential Mini UK! I ordered a CF gas cap from him on August 23rd after hearing from glnr13. (His took about 14 days to receive he said and well, I am going on two and a half months!) He did say he had some trouble with his supplier shipping it to the wrong address but that was the reply about a month ago! Nothing yet, not even replying to my emails any longer. Starting to get a little upset and nervous. Anybody heard from Simon lately or ordered anything? Any past experiences good or bad? I am a little tired of paypaling instantaneously and having to wait months for expensive parts!

Old 11-06-2007, 10:03 PM
glnr13
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sux to hear this i hope it gets worked out soon

Old 12-01-2007, 10:15 AM
javelina1
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a couple of their reps post here:

http://www.ukmini2ownersclub.com/

Old 12-01-2007, 10:54 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Disregard my post.

Last edited by daflake; 12-03-2007 at 01:35 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
I'll sometimes run into Simon online... I do know he was stressed out about it as he mentioned it in passing last time I caught up with him... I have done business with him for a couple years now and he is a stand up guy...

Old 12-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Cooper_Si
4th Gear
Originally Posted by daflake
To be honest, this is the way the function and is not uncommon. Mikey at newministuff is top notch, but essential MINI leaves a bad taste in most peoples mouths. Sorry to hear about your troubles. :(
????

Bud, ive sent you an email, interesting to read about Mikey, yes a top guy and funny as we both use the same supplier....so theres abit of a link there me thinks......

Im totally with your frustrations Bud, not out to rip anyone off, i just want customers to get what they want.

Its a shame some recent events have been abit troublesome

Old 12-02-2007, 04:40 PM
mini d
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Cooper_Si
????

Bud, ive sent you an email, interesting to read about Mikey, yes a top guy and funny as we both use the same supplier....so theres abit of a link there me thinks......

Im totally with your frustrations Bud, not out to rip anyone off, i just want customers to get what they want.

Its a shame some recent events have been abit troublesome
I understand what you are saying. Mikey came through and I posted that on the board. It is just that it has been a LONG time since the original order was placed. You said you sent them out almost a month ago and I haven't received anything yet. If Tuls says you come through I don't doubt that you will. He knows how I have been ripped off through a certain internet deal (Back me up on this Tuls?) for ALOT of money. I am nervous about it happening again. When I receive the parts I will post for all to see that you came through.
Thanks for your attention to the matter Simon.

Last edited by mini d; 12-02-2007 at 04:49 PM. Reason: clarification regarding Tuls. (sorry)
Old 12-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
Ha ha no doubt Bud and I have been through prolly the worst of it... I too would be a little nervous given those circumstances... especially not knowing the people involved

Originally Posted by mini d
I understand what you are saying. Mikey came through and I posted that on the board. It is just that it has been a LONG time since the original order was placed. You said you sent them out almost a month ago and I haven't received anything yet. If Tuls says you come through I don't doubt that you will. He knows how I have been ripped off through a certain internet deal (Back me up on this Tuls?) for ALOT of money. I am nervous about it happening again. When I receive the parts I will post for all to see that you came through.
Thanks for your attention to the matter Simon.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:46 PM
daflake
6th Gear
Disregard my post.

Last edited by daflake; 12-03-2007 at 01:35 AM.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:18 AM
mikeythemini
Former Vendor
Yes I do use the same supplier for the carbon stuff, I am trying to build up stocks on most items so I can supply on demand (currently I have stocks of R53 & R56 gass caps, silver & black carbon side vents, R50 & R56 headlight rings, door handles,mirror caps.) as if I dont have it in stock it can seem to take too long to get the stuff in - the supplier seems to have slowed somewhat - but his problem seems to have been his supplier for the oem parts which he then carbon's, hopefully that is all sorted now though

Old 12-21-2007, 07:58 PM
mini d
5th Gear
Latest update......STILL NOTHING. It has been FOUR MONTHS since the intial order was placed and INSTANTLY paid. I have received promises of delivery, excuses of misdirected shipping and everything but it was to be put on the pope mobile instead of my car! THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!

Old 12-22-2007, 09:04 AM
chpsk8
5th Gear
That sucks. Time to contact paypal and have themretrieve your funds. That will either trigger him to send the parts, or you'll just get your money back.
Might as well start now, if you just did a paypal bank transfer it will take a few weeks to get through the process. If you paypal with a credit card just call the credit card company and let them do it.
I would'nt have waited 4 weeks for any part. Especially with no communication from the seller.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Cooper_Si
4th Gear
They are on the way...check the post mark when you get it and you will see they left a while back....

This is two sets now that are on the way....at my expense, with discount on the extra parts within the same package.

I have emailed replies ... i cant reply on the same day as i have way so many to email everyday. usually a few days if that.

It took two weeks thats to royal mail here in the uk for one item...and that was recorded signed for 1st class, and that was in the same country lol

Im guessing its stuck in christmas post perhaps the second set ?? maybe check with the pocal postie if theres anything there lying around (3 customers in the US have had this happen before)

This may be the last time i supply to the US if this is going to keep happening.

Si

Last edited by Cooper_Si; 12-22-2007 at 10:08 AM. Reason: edit
Old 01-17-2008, 06:56 PM
mini d
5th Gear
I told Simon I would post this to make ammends somewhat. I finally received my CF gas cap and dimmer and hazard surrounds today. The initial order was placed on August 8th of last year. So not too timely but they did arrive and are first quality. Problem is, I sold my car three weeks ago!!!

Anybody want a CF gas cap and dimmer and hazard surrounds in CF?
I will make you a good deal. First 275.00 gets them shipped to your door.