General Discussion Competiting with the new MINI on track or at a SCCA Solo event.

NAM F1 PickSix Challenge 2009

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 07:46 AM
adame
Coordinator :: MINIsota Motoring Society (MMS)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got in just now.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:47 AM
kurvhugr
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry about this ridiculous situation. It's possible they'll decide to call this a non-points race since only about half the registrants actually got their picks in. If they do not, I wouldn't blame any of you for dropping out as participants at this point since it means most will be a race behind through no fault of your own.

Very disappointing.....maybe we should have switched to one of the larger operations this year. Oh well, I intend to stick with it for the rest of this season and, given how well they're doing (and the fact that they both managed to get picks in this time), I suspect Letsmotor and geowit will also hang in there as well.

As to the race, rain always makes things interesting! Though I think I like it better when the conditions change throughout the race rather than either all dry or (like this one) all rain. Until the Speed announcers mentioned it, I'd forgotten Brawn didn't have any time to test in wet conditions before the season started.....I think they can consider that testing done now.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:40 AM
adame
Considering the cost I had to fork over to play, I guess I'll stick with it too.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:53 AM
kurvhugr
6th Gear
Exactly, it's just for fun.

Breaking PickSix news -- In case you haven't seen it, there's a new announcement up on the site:

" 4/20 Update - Scoring is delayed until we figure out what to do. Due to the extensive outage and not being resolved until late Saturday evening, we are leaning toward voiding all races from this past weekend to create a level playing field for all participants. Tell us what you think at support@picksix.com "

If you have an opinion, send it in soon. There's more than one series tracked on that site so, if you send a note, be sure to mention which series you follow and include your PickSix username.

Also, don't forget there's another race already this coming weekend -- short one-week break between Shanghai and Bahrain.

later - steve

Old 04-20-2009, 01:47 PM
geowit
3rd Gear
I never did get in. I did, however, email my picks to the Commish and they were entered. As far as deleting the weekend results, I'm for it. Even though I had a pretty good weekend, this is just for fun and I'd like to see everyone have an equal footing.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:54 AM
BSUCardinalfan
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I couldn't get in.

for future seasons, we could try the yahoo uk F1 fantasy game. I'm in that on another website, and it is pretty fun (and also free!)

Old 04-21-2009, 10:04 AM
kurvhugr
6th Gear
I'll check that one out; thanks for the suggestion. I've stuck to this one because I like the simplicity of it. It's a small time site though and it seems like participation shrinks each year as well. This is the first year I've seen them have site problems, but it does look like it might be time to move on somewhere else.

It's kinda tough starting somewhere after the season is underway though because you can't possibly catch up. Here's hoping he can hold things together until the end of the season.....

As to this year, it looks like the Commish is planning to void results from the last weekend. It says so on the site and I had an email from him as well. We also discussed the bonus points rules. There are two categories (First Time Winner and Darkhorse) that don't become active until after the first three races. I suggested he needs to make sure those still start up as of the next (fourth) race, just in case the site's rule set interprets whatever method he uses to void the China results (IF he does) as meaning there've only been two races so far.....he hadn't thought of that.

I think I'll send him another note suggesting he needs to make up his mind very soon so he can get the results and a site announcement posted before the next race.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:17 AM
adame
www.gptours.com/pick8 also has a free one. I think you can even pick 10 deep if you're feeling especially smart.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:33 AM
kurvhugr
6th Gear
Originally Posted by adame
www.gptours.com/pick8 also has a free one. I think you can even pick 10 deep if you're feeling especially smart.
FREE.....now there's a concept I can support! I looked at that one before but I can't remember why I didn't sign up.....better look again.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:19 AM
jabell2r
Coordinator :: M2C2
I plan on continuing to play whatever the decision is. Not like there is any money involved, just for fun.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:58 PM
kurvhugr
6th Gear
I'm glad to see nine of us picked this time; hang in there.

Well done again letsmotor. If I've tallied correctly you led the NAM team again with 42 points this week and, along with BSUCardinalfan, geowit and jabell2r, were only one pick away from Royal Flush bonus points!

Old 10-03-2009, 07:41 PM
kurvhugr
6th Gear
Those few of you still playing along should take note that the FIA have adjusted the provisional starting grid at least once. They may do so again before the race since there's apparently still some concern that Buemi, while limping back to the pits in his wounded car, may have impeded Kubica. Here's the latest, + pre-race weights:

1. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 658.5kg
2. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 655.5
3. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 656
4. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 660
5. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 661
6. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 660.5
7. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 684.5
8. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 650
9. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 686
10. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 658.5
11. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 675
12. Jaime Alguersuari, Toro Rosso, 682.5
13. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 665.4
14. Giancarlo Fisichella, Ferrari, 661.5
15. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 695.7
16. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 689.5
17. Romain Grosjean, Renault, 691.8
18. Vitantonio Liuzzi, Force India, 682.5
19. Mark Webber, Red Bull, n/a

Glock is deemed not fit and it's too late for the reserve driver to be substituted for him so Toyota can run only Trulli. Webber's weight isn't listed as he's going to start from pit row.