Factory JCW Talk (2009+) Discussion of the factory-built 2nd Gen JCW MINI Cooper S, and all unique aspects of this trim.

2013 JCW Availability?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 09:21 AM
JackMan017
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inlieu
How do you know what the wholesale cost is? So you were able to knock off $6,000+ on your JCW? How did you manage to swing that? My build has an MSRP of $32,250 and the best quote I've received from nine dealers is $31,000.
I'm getting the numbers from www.Edmunds.com and the invoice sheet from 2 Mini dealerships. I emailed every Mini dealership in Southern California. Odly though, the dealership with the best quote took a week to respond back to me. I was an inch away from ordering from a different dealership at $1,000 over wholesale. Living in SoCal, I'm fortunate in the sense there are over 10 Mini dealerships. The competition certainly helps. IMHO anything around $1,000 over the wholesale is a fair price. Just stay away from the dealerships who are trying to sell this car as gold, telling you they'll knock off $300 of the MSRP.

From my wholesale cost to the MSRP cost, I was able to knock off approx $2,500.00

Old 08-26-2012, 06:39 PM
inlieu
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by JackMan017
I'm getting the numbers from www.Edmunds.com and the invoice sheet from 2 Mini dealerships. I emailed every Mini dealership in Southern California. Odly though, the dealership with the best quote took a week to respond back to me. I was an inch away from ordering from a different dealership at $1,000 over wholesale. Living in SoCal, I'm fortunate in the sense there are over 10 Mini dealerships. The competition certainly helps. IMHO anything around $1,000 over the wholesale is a fair price. Just stay away from the dealerships who are trying to sell this car as gold, telling you they'll knock off $300 of the MSRP.

From my wholesale cost to the MSRP cost, I was able to knock off approx $2,500.00
I was told from my MA that California has a high demand so they're able to sell they're JCWs for above MSRP. It sounds like the opposite is true from what you're saying.

According to Edmunds, a 2012 to my spec would have an invoice cost of $28,915 (including the $700 destination fee). You said yours was $27,790, and I thought I was going easy on the options by just getting the HK stereo and black headlight housing/Xenons/white turn signals. What option(s) did you get?

The best offer I've received after emailing nine dealers is still $2,000+ over invoice. Any advice?

Old 08-26-2012, 08:05 PM
JackMan017
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by inlieu
I was told from my MA that California has a high demand so they're able to sell they're JCWs for above MSRP. It sounds like the opposite is true from what you're saying.

According to Edmunds, a 2012 to my spec would have an invoice cost of $28,915 (including the $700 destination fee). You said yours was $27,790, and I thought I was going easy on the options by just getting the HK stereo and black headlight housing/Xenons/white turn signals. What option(s) did you get?

The best offer I've received after emailing nine dealers is still $2,000+ over invoice. Any advice?

The invoice of $27,790 on my JCW is without any options. When you add up my options, my total invoice is $31,752 and total MSRP is $35,000 (apples for apples). Midnight Blk, Auto, Sport Suspension, Black headlights, Armrest, Xenon, Satellite radio, Harman Kardon, and white turn signals.

I wonder if you can purchase the vehicle from the dealership I purchased from and have them do a drop ship to your local Mini dealer? My brother did this back in the day when he ordered his Ford Lighting from a dealership up in Washington. He had it drop shipped to the local dealership here. The car never touches the dealership you ordered from, it goes straight from the factory to your local dealership. But obviously this was a long time ago judging by the kind of vehicle it was. The drop fee was minimal, I think it was less than $500. I wonder if Mini and/or Mini dealerships offer this?

Other than that, I'd say just be patient. Pay what you feel comfortable paying. Every market is different. In the end its just a car and you just have to enjoy it regardless of what you pay.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:49 PM
inlieu
2nd Gear
The invoice of $27,790 on my JCW is without any options. When you add up my options, my total invoice is $31,752 and total MSRP is $35,000 (apples for apples). Midnight Blk, Auto, Sport Suspension, Black headlights, Armrest, Xenon, Satellite radio, Harman Kardon, and white turn signals.

I wonder if you can purchase the vehicle from the dealership I purchased from and have them do a drop ship to your local Mini dealer? My brother did this back in the day when he ordered his Ford Lighting from a dealership up in Washington. He had it drop shipped to the local dealership here. The car never touches the dealership you ordered from, it goes straight from the factory to your local dealership. But obviously this was a long time ago judging by the kind of vehicle it was. The drop fee was minimal, I think it was less than $500. I wonder if Mini and/or Mini dealerships offer this?

Other than that, I'd say just be patient. Pay what you feel comfortable paying. Every market is different. In the end its just a car and you just have to enjoy it regardless of what you pay.
Thanks for all the info and replies. I'll think about/look into drop shipping.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Marioalex24
3rd Gear
Great info. This helps me do more research and look into every detail before I order.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:03 AM
Melou
1st Gear
Two things when you buy a car, right: a price and a rate.

I am getting a good discount currently at 2500$ off msrp, and i loaded up that JCW, but am getting killed on the rate at 4.9%! that adds close to $4K to the total cost.

I'm visiting one of the dealers today... He doesn't want to give me his best price by email/phone. I hate it when they do that, but it's fair game. He sais he'd make it worth my while.

I am in Quebec btw, so this obviously doesnt apply to much of you guys. Here they charge 1750$ delivery, 300$ documenting and our state taxes are 15%!! But hey, I have "free" healthcare...

Old 08-27-2012, 04:10 PM
JackMan017
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Melou
Two things when you buy a car, right: a price and a rate.

I am getting a good discount currently at 2500$ off msrp, and i loaded up that JCW, but am getting killed on the rate at 4.9%! that adds close to $4K to the total cost.

I'm visiting one of the dealers today... He doesn't want to give me his best price by email/phone. I hate it when they do that, but it's fair game. He sais he'd make it worth my while.

I am in Quebec btw, so this obviously doesnt apply to much of you guys. Here they charge 1750$ delivery, 300$ documenting and our state taxes are 15%!! But hey, I have "free" healthcare...
Good point on the financing.

When I ordered my JCW I was told 2.9% financing should still be available. It's available now. I can get that rate as my credit is good. If come October/November it's not available I'm going to go through a credit union. Just info for everyone, credit unions offer fantastic interest rates for autos. Most of the credit unions are fairly easy on the eligibility restrictions - i.e. the biggest one being one must have good credit. Just food for thought.

Sorry to hear your delivery fee and taxes are so high. That's a bummer.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:56 PM
WeaverNH
2nd Gear
We have been told by MINI that production on the 2013 JCWs was delayed to November. We let our buyers know it is about 10 to 12 weeks so you could look for those in the middle of January to the beginning of February. It depends when you get your car ordered and when your production slot is scheduled.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:13 AM
Melou
1st Gear
Originally Posted by WeaverNH
We have been told by MINI that production on the 2013 JCWs was delayed to November. We let our buyers know it is about 10 to 12 weeks so you could look for those in the middle of January to the beginning of February. It depends when you get your car ordered and when your production slot is scheduled.
Are you for real!?

Not just autos?

This would suck so much... I ordered last night! Lol.

Got 3500$ off msrp in Quebec, the most communist state of all democracy. I know i got a good deal because the dealer was angry/crying at some point. Good thing i had 3 dealers fighting!

Old 08-28-2012, 07:15 AM
jmatero
2nd Gear
My dealer told me this last night as well. If I special order a JCW Hatch Manual, delivery will not happen until January earliest.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:50 AM
JackMan017
2nd Gear
I checked with my dealership this AM regarding the possible delay....

I'm told that there end still shows my vehicle ready for production 1st week of September. And that they do not anticipate anything changing. They did tell me last year they had to wait until November, but that things have changed since last year and they would keep me posted on any events.

I know that's vague. I guess we'll see what happens. I hope there's no delay. If there is, I'll accept it.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:54 AM
jmatero
2nd Gear
I checked with my dealership this AM regarding the possible delay....

I'm told that there end still shows my vehicle ready for production 1st week of September. And that they do not anticipate anything changing. They did tell me last year they had to wait until November, but that things have changed since last year and they would keep me posted on any events.

I know that's vague. I guess we'll see what happens. I hope there's no delay. If there is, I'll accept it.
It appears that was the truth up until yesterday. I just called another dealer in the area and they are confirming they learned yesterday that all JCW builds will now commence in November due to a delay (no details) and US deliveries would occur 2.5-3.0 months from there. This confirms WeaverNH's post and what my salesperson told me yesterday.

No word on the Plant site:
http://www.miniplantoxford.co.uk/peo...formation.aspx

Old 08-28-2012, 11:05 AM
absoluteczech
4th Gear
when i was shopping for 2012' jcw i was getting 1k-2k off msrp off on them.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:20 AM
Btwyx
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread is making me very glad we ordered when we did. I was tempted to delay for a 2013 JCW when I heard the rumours of 220hp. Once it was only 211, I wasn't unhappy. Now I'm happy we got it in June, not having to wait til January.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:59 AM
JackMan017
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Btwyx
This thread is making me very glad we ordered when we did. I was tempted to delay for a 2013 JCW when I heard the rumours of 220hp. Once it was only 211, I wasn't unhappy. Now I'm happy we got it in June, not having to wait til January.
But for us Auto folks we have no choice but to patiently wait

Old 08-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Melou
1st Gear
Yeah... well November +3 will suck much. That's 6 frickin months....

Old 08-29-2012, 04:42 PM
drexplode
Neutral
dealer informed that my June order is still scheduled to start production second week of Sept... If you just placed an order, maybe allocations have been accounted for already?

Old 08-29-2012, 07:46 PM
JackMan017
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by drexplode
dealer informed that my June order is still scheduled to start production second week of Sept... If you just placed an order, maybe allocations have been accounted for already?

It's delayed. After I made my post, I got a call from the dealership sharing the news everyone else above has shared. Patience is a virtue

Old 08-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Melou
1st Gear
But how do i numb the pain for THAT long?!

Old 08-30-2012, 09:30 AM
JackMan017
2nd Gear
But how do i numb the pain for THAT long?!
I think about the mods I'm going to put on the car

And finally having a little power driving around the fast streets of southern california. My Mini just gets gobbled up on the road overe here.

I wonder the reason(s) for the delay? Do you think it has something to do with not enough orders being placed? I sort of do....

Old 08-30-2012, 09:35 AM
absoluteczech
4th Gear
I thought the delays were due to the aero kit

Old 08-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Melou
1st Gear
My dealer just came back to me with news that there weren't any delays on production:
"Good news!!
No, production hasn't been pushed back to November, they're starting next month."

He mentioned he had took the spot of a JCW that was ordered by another dealer but didn't have a buyer for just yet.

My big theory is that the GP will be announced soon, and those will probably be taking the production spots of all JCW that were ordered recently after a certain date. My JCW and a few others were in the order log for a while (as I mentioned, although I just bought mine this week, it was in the order log for a while prior), but more recent orders are getting pushed back. Might be JCW GP related, might be aero kit, but it seems like there is an event that created a schism between two production runs. We'll see if this checks out. *crosses fingers - sorry guys! *

Old 08-30-2012, 10:38 AM
Slay
1st Gear
My dealer just came back to me with news that there weren't any delays on production:
"Good news!!
No, production hasn't been pushed back to November, they're starting next month."

He mentioned he had took the spot of a JCW that was ordered by another dealer but didn't have a buyer for just yet.

My big theory is that the GP will be announced soon, and those will probably be taking the production spots of all JCW that were ordered recently after a certain date. My JCW and a few others were in the order log for a while (as I mentioned, although I just bought mine this week, it was in the order log for a while prior), but more recent orders are getting pushed back. Might be JCW GP related, might be aero kit, but it seems like there is an event that created a schism between two production runs. We'll see if this checks out. *crosses fingers - sorry guys! *
I think I’m in the same situation as you. My MA had to get a MY13 JCW allocation from a different dealer to order my JCW. I have a production number and ASK MINI says my car is “scheduled for production”, as a week-37 (10SEP) build. *crossing fingers as well*

Old 08-30-2012, 11:52 AM
JackMan017
2nd Gear
"Good news!!

Great news! We placed our order basically at the same time. Do you think that means there is no delay for me? I called my dealership and left them a message to contact me.

Have you tried going to the owners lounge and plugging in your production number? When I go to the owners lounge and plug in my production number it's telling me:

FOR A NEW OWNER, YOU'RE PRETTY QUICK ON THE DRAW.
So quick, in fact, that it seems you’ve beaten our system to the punch. It can take up to a few days for orders to move through our database, so chances are yours is right around the corner. Try again in a few days, but if you still have a problem, double-check your production number with your dealer

Old 08-30-2012, 11:55 AM
absoluteczech
4th Gear
jack which dealer are you using? crevier or irvine mini?

Quick Reply: 2013 JCW Availability?