Factory JCW Talk (2009+) Discussion of the factory-built 2nd Gen JCW MINI Cooper S, and all unique aspects of this trim.

Ordering JCW

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 08:03 PM
dewhastme
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering JCW

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking on these boards for quite a while, but I'm finally pulling the trigger and ordering an 09 JCW. Considered the MCS + mods, but I had an Audi S4 (bi-turbo) that was heavily modified and ended up letting me down well short of its expected service life. Being a little older now and less patient with using voodoo on a tempermental car, I think the JCW is a nice option for me - and less worry about my mods causing headaches and some warranty protection for any gremlins. Plus I already have a classic Volvo turbo wagon (250K!miles) to sink money into. It is tough deciding on this car because it is an unknown quantity, not a lot of road tests out there on this one but history speaks well for the performance version. I have extensively driven the S, and love it (that is why I'm buying a Mini), but at some point I felt driving that I wanted more power.

Only thing is, my local dealer is telling me that I can't place the order until July 1st.... anyone know what is up with that? They say it has something to do with allocation, but they have only had one ordered so far... doesn't seem like a lot. Does anyone have any more details about this? I've read about some people getting gouged for 2500 dollar deposits, but the dealer has promised me that if I come in on July 1 with the order and a grand, they will order the car for 6 to 8 weeks delivery... not too bad.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Mozza
5th Gear
They're probably telling the truth. From everything I'm hearing the JCW allocations are very small so if it's not a high volume dealership I wouldn't be surprised if they're only allocated 2 JCW's(Hardtop or Clubman) a month. Hope you're as excited as me

Old 06-09-2008, 08:50 PM
DC1
2nd Gear
I ordered one last month, build week 23 and it will be finished this week. My dealer had 3 allocations and this was the 3rd for their first order.
Will be 09 JCW CR/Blk,JCW Aero pkg., Sport suspension, Punch leather, red trim, Chrome interior liner, upgraded stereo, Sirius, rear fogs, white turn signals, bluetooth with usb, premium, cold and convenience but no sunroof, Xenons. Hope to get CR scoop, boot handle and mirror caps with CF hood stripes after delivery.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:53 PM
diablito
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So far I got 5 allocations for the hatchback and 3 clubmans.

I have 2 spots left for the hatchback and 1 left for the clubman

Giorgio

Old 06-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Mark Kurzius
3rd Gear
Spoke to Shep Nelson at Alexander yesterday,he has two really loaded JCW's coming in ,CR and Astro black that are not spoken for as of yet...good oppurtunity for someone here in the west...

Old 06-09-2008, 10:02 PM
cwoolman
1st Gear
Are there any driver reviews out there yet? I didn't think so, but would love to read some. I gave up my July allocation due to cold feet. I need to be sure that this car will be worth the extra cost.

Chris

Old 06-09-2008, 10:15 PM
diablito
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>> Fastest MINI ever produced. is a R56 on steroids.

Read the review of the R56 works MINI on EVO magazine last month...If the works MINI got their attention I am sure the JCW Factory will WOW for sure.

Oh and it will come with a lighted shift ****...