F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 What did you do to/with your CM today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 09:51 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by TheOriginalKonky
It dangerous pulling out into intersections! You better give yourself enough extra time.
Yep! It's dangerous in just about every mode with the initial lag in 1st gear. Green mode you better get started while the light is still red! LOL

Old 02-23-2018, 01:33 PM
18cmjcw
2nd Gear
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by TheOriginalKonky
It dangerous pulling out into intersections! You better give yourself enough extra time.
OMG! Green in my JCW has zero acceleration... the only time I could envision using it is if I were low on fuel and a long way from a gas station. Otherwise, Green is a non-starter.

Old 02-24-2018, 05:43 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by GnFnRnBacon
As long as you're ordering 2, I'd take the opportunity to ditch the runflats altogether and order 4 "normal" tires.
I did exactly that on my F56, when the time came. Runflats make no sense to me. The "advantages" seem moot.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:18 PM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Finally gave her a bath. 2.5 hour job and still needs a clay and polish. Winters are nasty here on cars.

The following users liked this post:
janinefm (02-26-2018)
Old 02-27-2018, 11:17 AM
Pure Red
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Added Side Cargo Net in Hatch/Trunk area

Our F-60 didn't get the option of the 2nd Hatch light or storage Net for that little recess section on the L/R side of the Cargo area, so I bought and installed one this past weekend. MINI uses two bottom clips to hold the net in place, but they weren't coming up as a sep. service part that I could order from my Local Dealer, unlike the Net itself which did. So, I used the same style clips from an Jaguar F-pace, which has a very similar storage net in the same place on that vehicle. Jaguar elects to add two upper grommets to their net in addition to the bottom clips.
Net from MINI is part # 51 47 7 492 873
The clips from Jaguar are part of their net kit and don't seem to be available by themselves either...

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to/with your CM today?-telematics-010.jpg  
Old 02-27-2018, 11:25 AM
Pure Red
4th Gear
Unlike Jaguar, MINI opted to leave the cargo mat clear of the area that the Net will mount in, so no cutting of the factory mat is needed to install it. Put the net as close to where it will mount as possible, keeping it against the floor of the vehicle since those bottom plastic clips have no real 'give' to allow height install errors...
Mark where you're going to drill the 4 holes needed , and put the mat aside to drill the holes. MINI would use a smaller drill bit for the upper holes that fit the rod frame of the net since they're not using grommets like Jaguar does. MINI elected to just put the rod into the cargo trim , so a neat hole is more important with their stock install versus a grommet hiding a bit of a jagged drill hole.
Jaguar requires 10mm diameter drilled hole to use their fasteners, so I drilled for all 4 clips or grommets. I used a 25/64" drill bit, which worked out fine.
I'm betting MINI is using the same lower clips however[ they look the same from a car that I looked over as a reference at my local dealer], so those ARE probably 10mm drill holes to fit on the bottom.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to/with your CM today?-telematics-013.jpg  

Last edited by Pure Red; 02-27-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:27 AM
Pure Red
4th Gear
Net Fully Installed, I may still add that 2nd light right next to the net in that stock recess where it could go , which is strange that my Clubman has 2 lights from MINI but our Countryman didn't get 2...

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to/with your CM today?-telematics-019.jpg  
Old 03-04-2018, 07:22 PM
bluonyx
4th Gear
Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts
Washed, clayed and waxed after our little rain storm out here in SoCal. I was also going to add my new steering wheel with paddle shifters but couldn't figure out how to get the airbag off. I'll try again next weekend.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:28 AM
Karrock
4th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Red
Our F-60 didn't get the option of the 2nd Hatch light or storage Net for that little recess section on the L/R side of the Cargo area, so I bought and installed one this past weekend. MINI uses two bottom clips to hold the net in place, but they weren't coming up as a sep. service part that I could order from my Local Dealer, unlike the Net itself which did. So, I used the same style clips from an Jaguar F-pace, which has a very similar storage net in the same place on that vehicle. Jaguar elects to add two upper grommets to their net in addition to the bottom clips.
Net from MINI is part # 51 47 7 492 873
The clips from Jaguar are part of their net kit and don't seem to be available by themselves either...
Thanks for the net number! I'm seeing 51477492879 for the grommets (#13) "Circlip" but nothing for the clips #12?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=51_5357

Old 03-05-2018, 07:24 AM
Pure Red
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Karrock
Thanks for the net number! I'm seeing 51477492879 for the grommets (#13) "Circlip" but nothing for the clips #12?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=51_5357
Number 12 is only coming up with the Entire panel #4 or 2[ I forget which one that he found] according to my parts guy at my MINI dealer. Not being offered by themselves. #13 would not be the grommets I used, since MINI doesn't use them for the upper section/rod of the Storage Net # unless they're used on the backside of the trim panel and it's something you don't see.
Remember, I couldn't get the install parts from MINI, so I used a portion of a Jaguar kit that I happened to get from work. And that was dumb luck that THAT install kit fell into my hands since Jaguar doesn't offer their clip/grommets by themselves from what we can tell either.....
I have a picture that I took of a Stock Car that had a factory install of that storage net from MINI, which shows no grommets to dress up the upper mounting holes in the trim panel at the back, only the black plastic clips at the bottom[ #12], which we can't seem to get as a service part anyway....
Hope this makes sense for you.... If you find something different in terms of parts info from what I found, please post it here with available numbers.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:50 AM
Karrock
4th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Red
Guessing the Jag net is similar to this guy for the XF?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JAGUAR-XF-S...4/281994739982

Old 03-05-2018, 09:35 AM
Pure Red
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Karrock
Guessing the Jag net is similar to this guy for the XF?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JAGUAR-XF-S...4/281994739982
I think they're all similar since I bet there aren't many vendors actually making them for the Auto Industry. The install kit I ended up with was from the Jaguar F-Pace, but who knows, the XF could be the same in terms of clips and grommets.
There are a couple of VERY large Auto Trim Distributors that offer a huge amount of replacement clips in all types as an Aftermarket solution to buying all your clips at a dealer. I'll have to see if they offer an On-Line catalog to read through since we don't have their paper version anymore. I can't believe those lower mounting clips are all that special, since they're basically like a single hole Brake Line/pipe Mounting clip in most regards. The upper grommets, if you even wanted them might be a bit more special, but we'll see.....

Old 03-08-2018, 09:50 AM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I read about someone’s mini’s light getting nicked on the side and had to buy it back
from ebay where he had the idea that they where his to begin with. The guy had al kind of non traceable items like that. Also charging cables. So thinking about this i am thinking about spraying my powercord with my license plate here and there so no one can use it. Anybody else already taken measures like this?

Old 03-30-2018, 09:40 PM
bluonyx
4th Gear
Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts
Took her in for her first free oil change today and also had the dealer install the JCW steering wheel with paddle shifters. This is how it should come standard. I coded it with B-Code.

What did you do to/with your CM today?-yucyyo7h.jpg

Old 03-31-2018, 06:16 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
We have that same wheel in ours. It was a big part of me settling on this particular vehicle.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:29 PM
Crossingover
2nd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by MrFunk
Yeah totally. The only issue is that I bet if you swapped any of them you will need to code them out since you'll get a bulb out warning. I have no issue doing that though. Brake light and turn signals should be LED. There's got to be a list of bulb sizes somewhere though vs eyeballing them.
Check here I'm interested in hearing from folks who have done the bulb-LED swap and the shopping list . . . . .

Old 04-14-2018, 06:34 PM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Well we had about 6-9 inches of snow today - had the CM out for a RedBox run. Did very well. You've got to turn traction control off completely though unless you want to end up being shut down every time you try and do anything. The traction control is way too intrusive. With all systems off it does quite well. Very much FWD bias though so takes quite the flick to get the rear out. I'm used to a RWD bias AWD system which I much prefer. Still was quite impressed.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:04 PM
Crossingover
2nd Gear
Played around with Bimmercode for the first time this weekend. Changed some sounds and their durations, added bootlid open and close functionality to the driver's door switch, angel eyes brightness, and (most importantly) auto start in 'Sport' mode. There's a lot of stuff related to exterior lighting that I haven't figured out yet but should come in handy when relamping with LEDs. At the wife's special request, added a reflective tie-dyed peace frog sticker to the rear window to complement the one on our Wrangler.

Old 04-29-2018, 11:15 AM
Crossingover
2nd Gear
Our CM went boss today with woven checkered sisal floor mats & rubber cubby mats.

Old 04-30-2018, 06:38 AM
GnFnRnBacon
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Enabled CarPlay in my April 2017 build yesterday. Love it.

Many thanks to jamestoogood for taking the plunge and posting about it here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...y-finally.html

This weekend... hopefully finally get a chance to sit with Bimmercode and tweak some settings, and get the heat gun out and lose the badging on the front doors and the rear.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:13 AM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by GnFnRnBacon
get the heat gun out and lose the badging on the front doors and the rear.
I need to do this too.

Old 05-01-2018, 08:21 AM
GnFnRnBacon
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by f60jcw
I need to do this too.
The back looks SO MUCH cleaner without COUNTRYMAN all the way across it, and the CooperS has to go as well. See ltcvee's job here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post4351452

I'm not crazy about the red he's got going on there, but that clean back is sharp. And All4 on the doors has got to go as well.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:12 AM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
Yeah definitely on my to-do list. I like the cleaner look as well. Mini used to have the debadge option on their build site a few years ago. I wish they had that option when I ordered mine this time last year. Now I have to go do it myself.

Old 05-01-2018, 01:47 PM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Dental Floss and a clay bar if needed (depending on how new your car is)

Old 05-01-2018, 09:28 PM
malx
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Crossingover
Our CM went boss today with woven checkered sisal floor mats & rubber cubby mats.

I like those Rubber Cubby mats. Is that an accessory I can buy from the dealer? I hate plastic door pockets I tend to throw keys in there and they scratch.

Quick Reply: F60 What did you do to/with your CM today?