F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Ambient Air temperature sensor

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 05:01 PM
Mr Meowgi
2nd Gear
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Ambient Air temperature sensor

Ok so I installed a new larger intercooler this weekend into my 2015 Mcs f55 2.0l. And it threw the code for the AAT circuit low input.
​​​
Everything I can find online states that it's mounted to the front bumper. Well the location for mine is in the air duct that travels to the brake system. Which I can't find any other mention or pi s of a sensor in that location.
So that's a little closer to the motor than you'd think it would be.

When hooking everything back up last night I accidentally plugged one of my fog light plugs into it and got the AAT and side marker warning lights. Amazing that they have the same plug.
After switching the plugs out the lights are fine now but still throwing the AAT code. And temp on my spedo say 122f. I've cleaned it with electrical contact cleaner both plug and sensor. Not sure what else to do besides replace.
Do you think plugging the light bulb plug would have shorted the sensor completely? Is there a way to reset the sensor. Read pushing ac and circulation button at the same time would reset but doesn't work.. Also the auto air barely works but max ac button does t work at all anymore. Below are photos of the sensor location.
Any help is definitely appreciated.

Old 12-06-2021, 05:10 AM
Santier
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Solution?

Did you ever find a solution to this?I’ve got a similar issue.

Old 12-06-2021, 08:45 AM
Santier
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks

I accidentally plugged one of my fog light plugs into it and got the AAT and side marker warning lights. Amazing that they have the same plug.
After switching the plugs out the lights are fine now
Thank you so much. My temperature showed +122 and I immediately went down the rabbit hole of troubleshooting “short to ground” my scanner showed. Never thought to check the plugs. I also had parking light errors but I thought they were due to the LEDs I had installed and not yet coding. Didn’t think the two errors were related.

Old 12-06-2021, 09:44 AM
Mr Meowgi
2nd Gear
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Santier
Thank you so much. My temperature showed +122 and I immediately went down the rabbit hole of troubleshooting “short to ground” my scanner showed. Never thought to check the plugs. I also had parking light errors but I thought they were due to the LEDs I had installed and not yet coding. Didn’t think the two errors were related.
I ended up getting a new sensor and installing. Amazon has them cheap