F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 F56 Oxford Ordering?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 05:16 AM
matt488
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob-O
Did you end up with all the correct Oxford features without substitutions? I kind of recall hearing about someone that received a car without the digital dash cluster because it was swapped out for the previous analog cluster because of the ongoing chip issue.
Wow, that would make me upset if they swapped out something as significant as the digital dash, especially if it was without notifying them.

Old 08-20-2021, 05:27 AM
user 820283
Banned
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by matt488
Wow, that would make me upset if they swapped out something as significant as the digital dash, especially if it was without notifying them.
For sure! I don't recall where I saw that - it may have been on this forum - or I possibly misread what somebody stated. But I know that I have seen several posts where people that ordered the Harmon Kardon sound system won't be getting it due to the chip shortage so I imagine that MINI could swap out pretty much anything if it is technically possible to do so.

Old 08-20-2021, 05:40 AM
Tio Barry
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Raining here in upstate NY so I haven’t wanted to roll on the ground. Tires are Hankook Óptimo. Digital cluster. Anthracite headliner. No jack or lug wrench but I have from previous cars. My previous car was 2016 Clubman 1.5. This car is much quicker. I believe due to the DCT. And ten percent less weight of course. Glad to see the car has a real handbrake. Heard a rumor automatics were going to be electronic emergency brake.
? There’s a button next to the hazard lights for proximity beeping? I guess I’ll have to read the owners manual.
Maybe it will stop raining today.

Old 08-20-2021, 05:54 AM
user 820283
Banned
Originally Posted by Tio Barry
Raining here in upstate NY so I haven’t wanted to roll on the ground. Tires are Hankook Óptimo. Digital cluster. Anthracite headliner. No jack or lug wrench but I have from previous cars. My previous car was 2016 Clubman 1.5. This car is much quicker. I believe due to the DCT. And ten percent less weight of course. Glad to see the car has a real handbrake. Heard a rumor automatics were going to be electronic emergency brake.
? There’s a button next to the hazard lights for proximity beeping? I guess I’ll have to read the owners manual.
Maybe it will stop raining today.
I recall seeing the automatic - electronic handbrake deal, too. It's good you got a hand-operated parking brake!

I know you just got the car but what are your impressions of the base radio? I've got the Bose in my Colorado pickup and it's pretty decent so I'm hoping that I'm not too disappointed with the base radio in the MINI. Although once I ultimately get an exhaust on it I won't really care too much how the radio sounds.

Old 08-20-2021, 10:33 AM
Tio Barry
4th Gear
The fuel lid appears to be red plastic and slightly off a shade. The tires are M&S rated equals all season. Even though I ordered summer performance I am not going to make an issue since I have a set of 225/40/18s for serious runs. I have not tried any tone controls for the radio yet.

Old 08-20-2021, 12:36 PM
prime
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi everyone, and congrats to Tio Barry on the new delivery!

Although I didn't register before, I've been eagerly following this thread for months, in anticipation of my 2022 6MT Oxford that I have on order. I started the process in early May, and secured an allocation for a Island Blue on Carbon Black Leatherette 4-Door build in the beginning June, in hopes of taking delivery by mid-August. The vehicle is already in Status 150 (Production Started), meaning it can't be modified.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Due to a situation change (I'll be moving back to Manhattan without the need for a car), I'm looking to cancel my order. Before doing so, I'm wondering—on the off chance that anyone on the forum reading this would be interested—if a fellow enthusiast would like to take it over? I'm not sure if this is possible, but would love to give it a chance and see it go to good hands.

Of course, even if I don't become the happy owner of an Oxford, I still look forward to seeing everyone's updates and cars. Cheers!

The following users liked this post:
axmm (08-23-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 04:47 PM
Tio Barry
4th Gear
Too bad. MINIs are such fun to drive around NYC. Nice of you to want to share the opportunity.

Old 08-21-2021, 04:08 PM
Tio Barry
4th Gear
Went for a ride. My first 250 miles averaged 40.2 mpg according to the cars computer. Radio is adequate standard stuff.

user 820283 (08-21-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 05:33 PM
user 820283
Banned
Went for a ride. My first 250 miles averaged 40.2 mpg according to the cars computer. Radio is adequate standard stuff.
I'll be thrilled if I can get 40 mpg out of mine when I finally get my hands on it. In a car, an adequate radio is fine with me, too, as when I want to seriously listen to music I listen to my home audio system. Having SiriusXM is all that I really need in a car and mine will have it so I'm good with that.

It seems that you're pretty satisfied with your car thus far and if so, that's good! Enjoy your new ride!

Old 08-21-2021, 08:50 PM
Tio Barry
4th Gear
The only downside so far is that I left my Lite n Sight on the windshield in the Clubman I sold to Carvana last month. Not sure if they are still around. Yes this car is great. Still figuring stuff out

Old 08-21-2021, 11:37 PM
donkeh
2nd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Went for a ride. My first 250 miles averaged 40.2 mpg according to the cars computer.
Wow. 40 MPG.

Old 08-22-2021, 05:46 AM
Tio Barry
4th Gear
I wasn’t planning an ‘economy run’ but the car started at delivery with OBC staring at 4.7 and on country roads rose quickly. I couldn’t help wanting to see how high it would go.

Old 08-23-2021, 01:45 PM
axmm
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm looking to cancel my order. Before doing so, I'm wondering—on the off chance that anyone on the forum reading this would be interested—if a fellow enthusiast would like to take it over? I'm not sure if this is possible, but would love to give it a chance and see it go to good hands.
hi there, I am a new user (long time browser, first time sign up), super interested in your build. Is there a way you can message me directly?

(edited to try to connect with Prime, can p.t seem to PM them, )

Last edited by axmm; 08-24-2021 at 04:40 AM.
Old 08-23-2021, 04:07 PM
Tio Barry
4th Gear
Now that you are signed up you can PM anyone you want

axmm (08-23-2021)
Old 08-24-2021, 07:51 AM
matt488
2nd Gear
The only downside so far is that I left my Lite n Sight on the windshield in the Clubman I sold to Carvana last month. Not sure if they are still around. Yes this car is great. Still figuring stuff out
I had to look that up, never heard of such a thing but cool idea

Old 08-24-2021, 09:13 AM
donkeh
2nd Gear
I had to look that up, never heard of such a thing but cool idea
Now that got me curious, so I looked it up. I think it's this product.

What an ingenious product. I have always thought it was hard to see the traffic lights from my MINI.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:42 AM
user 820283
Banned
Originally Posted by donkeh
Now that got me curious, so I looked it up. I think it's this product.

What an ingenious product. I have always thought it was hard to see the traffic lights from my MINI.
I'm in my sixties now but way back in the day a lot of van owners used to put this type of optical device on the rear windows of their vans to better see what was behind them when backing up. IIRC these started to become popular back in the late seventies. This present-day version is a cool use of old technology.

Old 08-24-2021, 10:11 AM
Tio Barry
4th Gear
My new Light in Sight is in the mail. $19.95 direct from the company.

Old 08-24-2021, 10:14 AM
donkeh
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Bob-O
I'm in my sixties now but way back in the day a lot of van owners used to put this type of optical device on the rear windows of their vans to better see what was behind them when backing up. IIRC these started to become popular back in the late seventies. This present-day version is a cool use of old technology.
I'm about 50 and I had never seen such a thing until today, so I'm glad to find out. I guess you wouldn't need it anymore now that we have backup cameras.

My new Light in Sight is in the mail. $19.95 direct from the company.
I'm tempted to order too. Does it stick on well? Any downside?

Last edited by donkeh; 08-24-2021 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-24-2021, 10:42 AM
Tio Barry
4th Gear
I’ve been using them for years. A quick rinse with water renews static adhesion.

donkeh (08-24-2021)
Old 08-24-2021, 01:05 PM
mruehl
1st Gear
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I recently purchased one from Cravenspeed which is the LiteinSight with a $5 markup. :(

It works and sticks well. When I first installed it, I got the sensation of wearing prescription glasses that aren't mine while looking through it. Additionally, the unusually movement while driving can be distracting through your peripheral vision. That being said, I got used to it within a couple of days. I would recommend it to anyone who has trouble seeing lights.

donkeh (08-24-2021)
Old 08-24-2021, 05:05 PM
axmm
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now that you are signed up you can PM anyone you want
I am trying to get in touch with @prime so I can take on the Oxford order. Can't seem to PM him. Any other ways to message or ping him?

Old 08-24-2021, 06:47 PM
Tio Barry
4th Gear
Motoringfile.com had some great articles in the spring when Oxford builds were made available. Gotta go through a dealer in any case. Sales people would rather sell whatever is in stock so you will have to insist on information about 2 door Oxfords.

Old 08-27-2021, 06:52 AM
matt488
2nd Gear
I reached out to my dealer rep again this morning and he told me the following, not sure if factual, but if so would make some sense with the delays we're seeing especially on Oxfords:

"The thing with the Oxfords is, they tend to wait to do a big batch of them at the same time. Our Rep told us that they will be pulling everything we have on order into production next month. They are trying to get everything moving forward. We are having the same kind of issues as everyone else right now."

At this point I told him that if I don't know something by 9/15 I'm inclined to cancel and get my deposit back. That would be about 4 months since I placed the order.

Old 08-27-2021, 07:24 AM
user 820283
Banned
I reached out to my dealer rep again this morning and he told me the following, not sure if factual, but if so would make some sense with the delays we're seeing especially on Oxfords:

"The thing with the Oxfords is, they tend to wait to do a big batch of them at the same time. Our Rep told us that they will be pulling everything we have on order into production next month. They are trying to get everything moving forward. We are having the same kind of issues as everyone else right now."

At this point I told him that if I don't know something by 9/15 I'm inclined to cancel and get my deposit back. That would be about 4 months since I placed the order.
I noted in an Aug 11th post that my dealer rep indicated that the factory was on a three-week shutdown and that mine would be built in the first 'batch' after the factory reopens. As of y'day, the Ask MINI automated system still indicates that mine is scheduled for completion on Sep 3rd. I guess we'll see if that comes to be.

Matt, at this point your 'next month' is almost here and your dealer really should be able to get you a production number. Even though my build has been delayed I've had a production number for at least several months. Without a production number, I'm guessing that there is no chance a car will be built. I'd push your dealer rep a little harder to get you that number so that you can finally go on MINI's My Garage and track your car if nothing else.

Quick Reply: F55/F56 F56 Oxford Ordering?