F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 F55. 2015. Help. 39k miles. Turbo left the building I think

Old 01-22-2019, 01:38 PM
DunkM
4th Gear
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon Brouillard
i went to school for this buddy so no i wouldnt make an art project of my first 20k purchase
You are really going the wrong way with this, my friend. This group is always willing to help you out. BUT, you need to be much more respectful.

So let's start.

As an engineer by degree, I can tell you there are many engineers that cannot do the work they were trained to do. Going to school for something usually means you are more likely to skip corners. There's a reason mechanics drive crappy cars.

ANYWAY,

If you are looking to fix this bad investment up. You need to get us pictures of the current damage.

Go one step at a time. I bet you can find a replacement air filter from someone who has upgraded theirs.

Find a junker and get replacement parts for what's left on the list. Once you get to that point, please repost the codes. There are so many things wrong in the list you posted, there is no way to know whats going on. Solve problems you know, then come back with an updated list.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:10 AM
Brandon Brouillard
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I PURCHASED THIS CAR FROM LUX AUTO PLUS IN AUBURN MASSACHUSETTS FOR AN ALREADY INFLATED AMT....
JUST FOR THEM TO THEN SAY "WE ARE SIDING WITH THE MINI DEALERSHIP AND WE ARENT GONNA COVER ANYTHINANYTHIN
My first time getting a loan on a nice car from a larger dealer, and it's been the worst experience of my life....
to top it all. Theres a 3 yr "extended" warranty that was 2700.00 extra on to the loan. That doesn't kick in for 30 days. And it's all ready been voided. Because its thru lux

Old 01-24-2019, 12:19 AM
Brandon Brouillard
1st Gear
What ive found so far.
is that the throttle body (possibly tps, althought one unit) so it kinda sucks. or the actual pedal position sensor which seems unlikely. Is showing a constant 100% output regardless of actual pedal position.
the cars in limp wont rev past 3k rpm
But ive narrowed to that.
as well as. Maf sensor. Boost sensor (probably rebuild the turbo myself cuz of unsuriety. It's sounding like the diverter is stuck closed yet during my countless attempts already it's not boosting during 0-3krpm
i have inpa and all the coding stuff. But have yet to start snooping
because i find it weird that the whole intake sude of the motor just basically turned off
But i have 2 other things that make this so much harder..
Chassis stabilization malfunction*
and drivetedrivetrain error. Max output is not available.

So im thinking on how to reset adaptations completely or figure out how i can update and reprogram everything and pray that's the case

Old 01-24-2019, 04:26 AM
DunkM
4th Gear
Out of curiosity what kind of cars do you I usually work on. I find it interesting that you are going about this in a very analogue way. This car is digital. With this being said, the car has no real throttle body, the one that you are looking at is designed for use during traction control events. So your errors *could* be all revolving that one thing.

Do not rebuild the turbo until you get everything else figured out. Otherwise you will just blow it again...

This being said, buying a new, or newer, car has many problems, it's not simple. Next time. I suggest you buy brand new so that you know nothing has been touched, it's what many do. Also, the cost case on new vs fairly new becomes irrelevant by the time you keep the car 7-8 years, so don't believe the story that buying new is always throwing money away. Also, buy through a certified dealer, used car lots like lux are exactly the same as the ones selling 20 year old 7 series and s-class with engine warnings and such and telling unsuspecting customers that's normal.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:37 AM
Brandon Brouillard
1st Gear
Well fun fact the lmk ittle toggle switch only works now with engine off key on position
both tractiltraction and stability turn off. But only with engine off
does that mean anything ?

Old 01-24-2019, 06:01 AM
DunkM
4th Gear
Well fun fact the lmk ittle toggle switch only works now with engine off key on position
both tractiltraction and stability turn off. But only with engine off
does that mean anything ?
I am not sure if it means anything, but I can tell you I can turn the traction control on or off with the engine running in my 15' F56. I am not positive whether or not you can do it while at speed, as I don't remember trying.

However, my logic would dictate that there would be an interlock that would stop you from removing traction control while at full throttle? You said earlier that the throttle sensor thinks its fully open, no? Has that been rectified?

Old 01-24-2019, 06:03 AM
Brandon Brouillard
1st Gear
Not yet... im still trudging thru inpa and edibas. Any insight as to where to look is greatly appreciated.
but im planning on ordering the tb today if all else fails cuz i need this car to work asap. Rental is starting to get expensive

Old 01-24-2019, 08:03 AM
charrigan
3rd Gear
Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Until you fix the jerry rigged parts on the car you are going to be chasing your tail with codes and drivability problems.

1. replace all associated PCV lines (dealer noted they were glued together) you have a post maf leak causing multiple errors including lean situations
2. replace the intake hose that is taped together (same as above... post maf leak)
3. seal your intake box. not causing a code but you have unfiltered air entering your engine and can lead to damaged turbos and engine wear.
4. replace the fuel line with oem part
5. replace throttle body

Once you have your major mechanical problems addressed then you can begin to root cause your additional issues.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:25 AM
Brandon Brouillard
1st Gear
Have done everything besides the throttle body. New box. New line. Waiting on maf and boost pressure sensors to arrive
because im not just gonna throw parts at it when i seem to believe its being told/ commanded to do the wrong thing....
Meaning i can re-commanded it hoping to solve the throttle body / limp issue
Turbos are down the line. As in hopefully wont throw a fin but who knows. Only downside is if these diverter is indeed not functioning properly - possibly ecu coding there as well.
is possibly limp coming from theres as well

Old 01-24-2019, 08:39 AM
charrigan
3rd Gear
Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Have done everything besides the throttle body. New box. New line. Waiting on maf and boost pressure sensors to arrive
because im not just gonna throw parts at it when i seem to believe its being told/ commanded to do the wrong thing....
Meaning i can re-commanded it hoping to solve the throttle body / limp issue
Turbos are down the line. As in hopefully wont throw a fin but who knows. Only downside is if these diverter is indeed not functioning properly - possibly ecu coding there as well.
is possibly limp coming from theres as well
The b46/48 does not have a diverter valve. There is a electronic wastegate actuator mounted to the turbo which can cause boost issues

Old 01-24-2019, 11:29 AM
crxtomini
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lets review

1. You said that you purchased a used MINI form LUX in Auburn Massachusetts
  2. You also purchased Extended Warrantee.
  3. With in a week the car broke down.
  4. Then you did something that was Not Smart, you attempted to fix the car. And you started to take things apart because you have schooling in auto repair.

Conclusion:

• You should of immediately had the car towed back to LUX in Auburn and make them honor the extended warrantee.
  • We are not trying to blame you, we are trying to help you on this forum.
  • I did a search on LUX AUTO PLUS IN AUBURN MASSACHUSETTS and it seems that this dealership of used cars is very dishonest. It has a two stars out of five star rating.
  • The second you attempted to repair the car, you made a major mistake. Because they are saying that major parts were hanging from the car. Your action allow this crooked dealership to take advantage of you. (Assuming that your attempt to repair the car did not damage it.)
  • If you did not damage the car you should get a lawyer.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/lux-auto-plus-newton-3

LUX AUTO PLUS IN AUBURN MASSACHUSETTS Review

Review 1

This review was also posted on Jacob's Auto Sales, but we did all the paperwork here. The dealers are all connected so this applies to these sleezebags too:

Purchased a vehicle with 40,000 miles from these guys, and I took it to get an oil change only to find out it had frame damage as well as a list of $1200 worth of work it needed to be done to it.

When I approached the dealer with these issues he was reluctant until I said that I would consider hiring an attorney. When I told the owner Sam Jacob this he responded, "Go ahead and get attorney, you think this is the first time I've been to court," and hung up on me.

An hour later his salesman Nathan called me back to tell me he was sorry and that I should call back again to setup the appointment. He told me to drop the car off on Sunday so I agreed. Sam called me in Saturday and told me he didn't have a loaner until Tuesday. I dropped the car off reluctantly.

He called me half way through the work to tell me even though it was covered under the lemon law, I needed to pay and if I didn't want to that I could come pick the car up and get an attorney. At that point I wanted out of this nightmare experience and I paid him only to pickup the truck and have the work he did on the truck fail on me.

Do not buy from this dealership! Save yourself time and money on their junk vehicles.

Review 2

I seldom write a negative review of any business, but this warrants it to hopefully protect someone else down the line...I saw an ad for a Chevy Trailblazer on Craiglist and stopped in to test drive it, as it fit into what I was looking for and in the price range I wanted to stay within.
The SUV was a nice vehicle and drove well, but the check engine light was on....When I returned from the test drive, I mentioned this to the salesman and he said to me,they aren't fixinf it or doing anything to it..He said they wholesale them to the public and this is their way around Mass. Law...Well, I just got off the Phone with the Office of Consumer Affiars and they said that this dealership is NOT allowed to do this.....Rather deceptive practice if you ask me..Also, the salesman was going to have someone hook a computer up to the car and let me know why that light was on...I never heard back from them..

Review 3

stay away crooks and liars they claim they dont keep the titles on the property
chris over heard me telling my friend to meet me in newton so i can register the car
he claim he forgot to tell the title will be in until friday when i brought the car on wednesday come on guys
buyer beware

Review 4

BEWARE AND STAY AWAY
I bought a used 03' Honda Accord from these guys. They said there were no issues with the car and it has a clean CarFax. They also gave me a free CarFax report, it did looked clean. After a few weeks when I took it for a general service, the guy at the service center told me that it looks like there was a major accident on the car and the entire left side of the card has been re-painted. Also the suspension and doors were changed. When I decided to sell it, one of the potential buyer ran the VIN on AutoCheck and it returned a major accident and 1 minor accident. Strangely the CarFax does not report those. I had to sell it at a very low price than I thought I would get.

Bottom line, they will do anything that it takes to sell a lemon to you. STAY AWAY. There are plenty of car dealers out there who are honest and ethical.

There are many other reviews like this.

Thanks

Old 01-24-2019, 12:58 PM
DunkM
4th Gear
Originally Posted by crxtomini
  1. You said that you purchased a used MINI form LUX in Auburn Massachusetts
  2. You also purchased Extended Warrantee.
  3. With in a week the car broke down.
  4. Then you did something that was Not Smart, you attempted to fix the car. And you started to take things apart because you have schooling in auto repair.

Conclusion:

• You should of immediately had the car towed back to LUX in Auburn and make them honor the extended warrantee.
  • We are not trying to blame you, we are trying to help you on this forum.
  • I did a search on LUX AUTO PLUS IN AUBURN MASSACHUSETTS and it seems that this dealership of used cars is very dishonest. It has a two stars out of five star rating.
  • The second you attempted to repair the car, you made a major mistake. Because they are saying that major parts were hanging from the car. Your action allow this crooked dealership to take advantage of you. (Assuming that your attempt to repair the car did not damage it.)
  • If you did not damage the car you should get a lawyer.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/lux-auto-plus-newton-3

LUX AUTO PLUS IN AUBURN MASSACHUSETTS Review

Review 1

This review was also posted on Jacob's Auto Sales, but we did all the paperwork here. The dealers are all connected so this applies to these sleezebags too:

Purchased a vehicle with 40,000 miles from these guys, and I took it to get an oil change only to find out it had frame damage as well as a list of $1200 worth of work it needed to be done to it.

When I approached the dealer with these issues he was reluctant until I said that I would consider hiring an attorney. When I told the owner Sam Jacob this he responded, "Go ahead and get attorney, you think this is the first time I've been to court," and hung up on me.

An hour later his salesman Nathan called me back to tell me he was sorry and that I should call back again to setup the appointment. He told me to drop the car off on Sunday so I agreed. Sam called me in Saturday and told me he didn't have a loaner until Tuesday. I dropped the car off reluctantly.

He called me half way through the work to tell me even though it was covered under the lemon law, I needed to pay and if I didn't want to that I could come pick the car up and get an attorney. At that point I wanted out of this nightmare experience and I paid him only to pickup the truck and have the work he did on the truck fail on me.

Do not buy from this dealership! Save yourself time and money on their junk vehicles.

Review 2

I seldom write a negative review of any business, but this warrants it to hopefully protect someone else down the line...I saw an ad for a Chevy Trailblazer on Craiglist and stopped in to test drive it, as it fit into what I was looking for and in the price range I wanted to stay within.
The SUV was a nice vehicle and drove well, but the check engine light was on....When I returned from the test drive, I mentioned this to the salesman and he said to me,they aren't fixinf it or doing anything to it..He said they wholesale them to the public and this is their way around Mass. Law...Well, I just got off the Phone with the Office of Consumer Affiars and they said that this dealership is NOT allowed to do this.....Rather deceptive practice if you ask me..Also, the salesman was going to have someone hook a computer up to the car and let me know why that light was on...I never heard back from them..

Review 3

stay away crooks and liars they claim they dont keep the titles on the property
chris over heard me telling my friend to meet me in newton so i can register the car
he claim he forgot to tell the title will be in until friday when i brought the car on wednesday come on guys
buyer beware

Review 4

BEWARE AND STAY AWAY
I bought a used 03' Honda Accord from these guys. They said there were no issues with the car and it has a clean CarFax. They also gave me a free CarFax report, it did looked clean. After a few weeks when I took it for a general service, the guy at the service center told me that it looks like there was a major accident on the car and the entire left side of the card has been re-painted. Also the suspension and doors were changed. When I decided to sell it, one of the potential buyer ran the VIN on AutoCheck and it returned a major accident and 1 minor accident. Strangely the CarFax does not report those. I had to sell it at a very low price than I thought I would get.

Bottom line, they will do anything that it takes to sell a lemon to you. STAY AWAY. There are plenty of car dealers out there who are honest and ethical.

There are many other reviews like this.

Thanks
Wow, I didn't bother checking he reviews, I should have, that is epic. But yes, just because a car has less than 100k miles means very little to its reliability or overall state.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:41 PM
Brandon Brouillard
1st Gear
holy $$#
thank you so much guy!
i went here cuz i saw the mini after the vw stealership next door tried to have me sign a 700 dollar/month note on a 14'gti
so from their parking lot. next door was lux and they were nice to my face but clearly....
so i should be able to lemon this considering ive not driven the car since the 12th
meaning 11 days down for repair with in the first 30 is a lemon correct?

Old 01-24-2019, 06:54 PM
N0B0DY
4th Gear
Received 104 Likes on 78 Posts
I would contact a lawyer right away.

Old 01-25-2019, 02:14 PM
Brandon Brouillard
1st Gear
originally a ford guy really
cars owned where in order of purchase
2001 jeep sahara -all kinds of mods one of my favorites
2015 subaru forester xt
2003 toyota camry
2011 ford fusion se

Old 01-27-2019, 01:31 PM
crxtomini
1st Gear
One more thing

Review

1. F55. 2015. Help. 39k miles. Turbo left the building I think

2. You had the car less than week

1. 4/yr 50k will end this April 2019
  1. Sensor were Unplugged
  1. Loud Ticking
  1. Loss Power
  1. After Market Fuel Lines were on the vehicle
  1. Intake Box was not properly Secure
  1. Black Duct Tape holding parts together.
  1. Somebody Hot Glue a Turbo Section Together!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recommendation to Brandon

• Write down the BIN Number of the car
  • Do a Car Fact Search on this car.
  • Find the original owner or owners that sold this car to LUX AUTO PLUS IN AUBURN MASSACHUSETTS
  • I believe that this car is a Salvage Vehicle that been in some kind of an accident. It might be from an ENGINE FIRE or the vehicle could had been in a Flood. I'm basing this on the Damage Turbo, the numerous unplug sensors and the unsecured parts. Plus the fuel line being replaced. This was a rush job to resale this vehicle.
  • Now for the bad news, in some States, a fake clean title can be created. So maybe looking up the Bin might not get to the truth. We all know criminals in various states can work around the law.
  • Maybe some one on this forum has access to vehicle title lookup account but you will need to tell us the Bin Number.
  • With the Bin History and LUX Auto bad reputation, you can file a consumer complaint.

I'm hope that I'm not off base with my suggestions and I hope my reply help you.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:08 AM
detours
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes, get a Carfax report on your VIN. If it is a salvage vehicle, you should have been told when you bought it, and the price should have reflected that.

Also, it is ILLEGAL to sell a salvage vehicle without a salvage title. If so, you can sue the dealer and win.

Lastly, many extended warranties can be cancelled within 30 days for a full refund. Otherwise the refund is pro-rated. Read your warranty contract to find out.

Old 02-08-2019, 05:55 AM
Brandon Brouillard
1st Gear
Clean car fax although after reading it seems sketchy

Somewhere between here New York and Connecticut something happened will post Carfax and all the other ones I did

Old 02-09-2019, 12:30 PM
an3ony
1st Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey man, I'm a fellow Mass resident. Just a head's up, on Craigslist, there's a few MCSs listed in local boneyards. Also, Greenleaf auto may be able to source you a decent longblock.

But more importantly, Mass has a VERY aggressive lemon law that favors the consumer. Honestly man, your very next step should be to explore that, especially where this dealership seems to have a very poor BBB rating. Get your money back and go to MINI Peabody and get a cpo car!

Good luck man.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:01 AM
PrivateHudson
1st Gear
My suggestion is go to small claims

Old 02-10-2019, 09:05 PM
Brandon Brouillard
1st Gear
small claims seems like such a night mare

well this whole process has been

so ive pretty much got majority of it figured out with whats wrong with the car....
throttle body-mass air flow- then i want to say its a rear abs speed sensor kicking into limp mode but unsure yet. turbos need rebuild and yea
pretty much needs to be gone thru
i absolutely love the car which is why lemoning it would suck
its a f55 with the 2.0l b48
essentially its a jcw without the badges imported from england to here
to see such a beautiful car just end up like that is sickening
but i filed a vandalism claim for the damages done not by me!!!
and insurance is actually gonna help me along this whole process
legit ive only wanted them to pay for what was wrong or done wrong to the car ---not the line(i get that) but to say that caused all this is nuts.....just wrong period. and if insurance is siding with me like i so think. well then lux is gonna be sadly mistaken before the claims court

Old 02-10-2019, 09:11 PM
dpcompt
5th Gear
Received 104 Likes on 74 Posts
THis is the wackiest conversation I have seen on this forum. It seems like something is missing from Brandon's story. Does he even really own a MINI?

Old 02-10-2019, 09:13 PM
Brandon Brouillard
1st Gear
where exactly is there something missing ?
yes i actually own the mini in the photos....remember productive ...if i have to be nice then so do you or beat it

Old 02-10-2019, 09:18 PM
Brandon Brouillard
1st Gear
excuse me let me put a photo with the license plate so he knows....

Old 02-10-2019, 09:18 PM
dpcompt
5th Gear
Received 104 Likes on 74 Posts
where exactly is there something missing ?
yes i actually own the mini in the photos....remember productive ...if i have to be nice then so do you or beat it
Your responces never seem to coincide with the info offered by others on this forum. You ask for advice, but you never seem to take advantage of the advice offered. Sorry, but that's just my observation.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F55/F56 F55. 2015. Help. 39k miles. Turbo left the building I think