F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 When to consider my 2015 F56 a lemon?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 11:36 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Glad you worked it out. The point about it being specific to that model seems odd, where are all the other cars with that issue?

Old 02-04-2016, 11:43 AM
twentytwo
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
Glad you worked it out. The point about it being specific to that model seems odd, where are all the other cars with that issue?
apparently all the other 2DR base models at the dealer had this issue which is why they didn't want to put me in the same model. They said that there will probably be a service bulletin to fix it in the future. I was more than patient with them and I'm glad it worked out in the end.

Old 02-04-2016, 03:09 PM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Received 164 Likes on 127 Posts
Sounds like a fair outcome. Hope you have good luck with the new model.

Old 02-05-2016, 04:10 AM
g34343greg
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad they were able to help you out, but I really wouldn't consider your car a lemon. Sadly it seems Mini still does not have their quality issues sorted out on these 3rd generation cars.

All of these suspension, steering, and drivetrains creaks, clunks, groans, etc may be common among the F series cars, but that doesn't make it normal or ok. They have a lot of issues with these vehicles and not a lot of solutions.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:57 AM
twentytwo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by g34343greg
I'm glad they were able to help you out, but I really wouldn't consider your car a lemon. Sadly it seems Mini still does not have their quality issues sorted out on these 3rd generation cars.

All of these suspension, steering, and drivetrains creaks, clunks, groans, etc may be common among the F series cars, but that doesn't make it normal or ok. They have a lot of issues with these vehicles and not a lot of solutions.
I'm thinking the same thing. However both loaners I've had for the whole month were F55 vehicles (one a 2015 and the other a 2016). Neither of them had the issues my F56 had with noise. They were much more solid and no suspension noises at all. Time will tell. My 2009 has zero issues and was a tank.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Blues Trucker
3rd Gear
what were the noises exactly you were bothered with????

Old 02-05-2016, 12:01 PM
twentytwo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Blues Trucker
what were the noises exactly you were bothered with????
It was more than just noises it was the whole history with the car in total since November. Steering module was replaced, control arm bushings, all struts/shocks, drivers mirror. The car also left me stranded in the rain for two hours because the passenger window refused to roll up. The noise was coming from the driver side front and was a rattling/squeaking/popping noise. Mostly it occurred while turning left. Noise also occurred over rough pavement in a straight line. The noise was much worse after the car was returned to me after being with the dealer for almost a month (although the ride quality actually improved - the noise was worse than ever). Also, Bluetooth refused to work when I got the car back, and a new issue developed on the highway when letting my food off the accelerator the car makes a loud scraping noise for a second or two.

These issue led me to demand a replacement. I had no faith in the car whatsoever anymore.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:16 AM
Blues Trucker
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by twentytwo
It was more than just noises it was the whole history with the car in total since November. Steering module was replaced, control arm bushings, all struts/shocks, drivers mirror. The car also left me stranded in the rain for two hours because the passenger window refused to roll up. The noise was coming from the driver side front and was a rattling/squeaking/popping noise. Mostly it occurred while turning left. Noise also occurred over rough pavement in a straight line. The noise was much worse after the car was returned to me after being with the dealer for almost a month (although the ride quality actually improved - the noise was worse than ever). Also, Bluetooth refused to work when I got the car back, and a new issue developed on the highway when letting my food off the accelerator the car makes a loud scraping noise for a second or two.

These issue led me to demand a replacement. I had no faith in the car whatsoever anymore.
O.K. I get that. But I was just trying to figure out the noise part. Did they ever figure out what it was?