F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 LG G2 Android text messages through Visual Boost not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 04:30 PM
howardeng
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
LG G2 Android text messages through Visual Boost not working

I have the latest LG software. I do not get notifications of text messages on the screen. Ultimately, I would like to be able to view and listen to the messages, then reply. I would think it is possible, but, I cannot figure it out. Does anyone have those features on the F56 MINI?

thanks

Old 03-22-2015, 09:00 PM
TheUPSman
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Works fine on my Droid Turbo. G2 is a bit older of a phone yes? Are you on Kitkat 4.4?

Old 03-23-2015, 02:57 AM
howardeng
1st Gear
the G2 is a couple years old, but not that different to the G3 that is out there now. I do have kitkat 4.4.2. I hope to see if anyone has the G2 working. If not, maybe I need to get new one.

Can folks reply with which Android phone works for them? I assume the phone functions work, but I really want the texting features.

thanks

Old 03-24-2015, 07:42 AM
aafflyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TheUPSman
Works fine on my Droid Turbo. G2 is a bit older of a phone yes? Are you on Kitkat 4.4?
Are you getting texts via Bluetooth, or do you have a USB connection active?

More info on how you are connected would be very useful to your fellow Android F56 owners.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:05 PM
TheUPSman
1st Gear
I'm connected via Bluetooth. I receive text messages fine. Even get the little symbol on top of my screen telling me I have a message. I can listen to the messages through the car speakers. The phone Bluetooth connects to my car automatically when I get in and I've never tried via USB.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:58 PM
howardeng
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TheUPSman
I'm connected via Bluetooth. I receive text messages fine. Even get the little symbol on top of my screen telling me I have a message. I can listen to the messages through the car speakers. The phone Bluetooth connects to my car automatically when I get in and I've never tried via USB.
Do you use a particular program? That is, when you push the "talk" button on the steering wheel, does a specific program pop up? Mine pops up with "Voice Dialer." That program, which I think is the default, does not do texts, only telephone dialing.

Also, does the text show on your screen (the actual text, not just the little symbol?)

Old 03-24-2015, 09:24 PM
TheUPSman
1st Gear
Originally Posted by howardeng
Do you use a particular program? That is, when you push the "talk" button on the steering wheel, does a specific program pop up? Mine pops up with "Voice Dialer." That program, which I think is the default, does not do texts, only telephone dialing.

Also, does the text show on your screen (the actual text, not just the little symbol?)
When i click on the steering wheel button my dialer on the phone comes on.

Yes if i go to the phone button scroll to messages and click message the message appears on my Mini screen. It's read by voice when i click read message.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:59 AM
howardeng
1st Gear
I don't have a "messages" under the phone button on the screen. I have scrolled everywhere, and cannot find it. I have heard a reference to that a couple times. my software version is TV-100.011.001

Old 03-25-2015, 06:50 AM
TheUPSman
1st Gear
When i click on the phone button near the menu key, not on the steering wheel it takes me to my contact list. If i use the joystick and push left 1 time it gives me a list, down towards the bottom is messages. When i click that it loads all the messages on my phone and displays them on the screen. The message itself doesn't just pop up, you have to kind of work for it i guess lol.