F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Closing in on 10K Miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 11:13 PM
jmeryllman
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Closing in on 10K Miles

About to reach this milestone. I picked-up my VO F56 MCS on April 28. I must say, I am driving this car a lot more than my previous cars. I am basically a 12K-15K/year driver. I had fun cars before, but this so far has been the most fun.

Some observations

- I still love the look, the exterior design. This design got my attention and lured me from VW in the first place. I love the modern lines. It was love at first sight, and the honeymoon is still not over. The puppy, frog, or open mouth fish look is still extremely cute.

- I am glad that the MINI is a little bit bigger now (still a lot smaller than most cars). I would have not even look at previous iterations because of the size. With the size adjustments of the F56, the backseat is now useable for me. My 14yo daughter can sit in the back comfortably.

- The ride is just perfect for me. It is stiffer than my previous rides, but soft enough that my teeth do not rattle.

- My previous VW Fahrenheit was getting about 24 mpg. So my 32 mpg with my F56 is very nice. Though I still go to fill up about the same frequency because of the MINI's smaller gas tank.

- Did I already say I love the V.O.?

- I don't even notice the ring light anymore. Actually, it has never been noticeable since the beginning. Never distracted me.

- I love the MINI culture. I've been to several rallies including MTTS and have new friends to boot (pun intended )

- Can't complain about the service department, they've been great. I had the chassis malfunction error, but they took care of it. I was in a loaner within 20 minutes of my arrival at the dealership.

- I discovered that I am selfish hahaha. I'm liking that there are not too many F56s on the road here in Texas. I'm more unique. However, when the influx of the 2015s comes in, I will surely wave.

P.S. I work with fashion models. They love riding Mandy I think they are attracted to the fancy lights haha. The FB, Twitter, SMS function is a hit to them.

Last edited by jmeryllman; 10-05-2014 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Rocket_man
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jmeryllman
About to reach this milestone. I picked-up my VO F56 MCS on April 28. I must say, I am driving this car a lot more than my previous cars. I am basically a 12K-15K/year driver. I had fun cars before, but this so far has been the most fun.

Some observations

- I still love the look, the exterior design. This design got my attention and lured me from VW in the first place. I love the modern lines. It was love at first sight, and the honeymoon is still not over. The puppy, frog, or open mouth fish look is still extremely cute.

- I am glad that the MINI is a little bit bigger now (still a lot smaller than most cars). I would have not even look at previous iterations because of the size. With the size adjustments of the F56, the backseat is now useable for me. My 14yo daughter can sit in the back comfortably.

- The ride is just perfect for me. It is stiffer than my previous rides, but soft enough that my teeth do not rattle.

- My previous VW Fahrenheit was getting about 24 mpg. So my 32 mpg with my F56 is very nice. Though I still go to fill up about the same frequency because of the MINI's smaller gas tank.

- Did I already say I love the V.O.?

- I don't even notice the ring light anymore. Actually, it has never been noticeable since the beginning. Never distracted me.

- I love the MINI culture. I've been to several rallies including MTTS and have new friends to boot (pun intended )

- Can't complain about the service department, they've been great. I had the chassis malfunction error, but they took care of it. I was in a loaner within 20 minutes of my arrival at the dealership.

- I discovered that I am selfish hahaha. I'm liking that there are not too many F56s on the road here in Texas. I'm more unique. However, when the influx of the 2015s comes in, I will surely wave.

P.S. I work with fashion models. They love riding Mandy I think they are attracted to the fancy lights haha. The FB, Twitter, SMS function is a hit to them.
Great to hear you are having good luck with your car. One of the first F56's. Where are you in Texas??? And is your company hiring???!?!?!

Old 10-06-2014, 06:06 AM
jcauseyfd
6th Gear
You have fashion models in your MINI on a regular basis and you haven't been posting pics? tsk tsk tsk.

Glad you are enjoying your new MINI!

Old 10-06-2014, 10:23 AM
jmeryllman
2nd Gear
Thanks! I really need to do a photoshoot with Mandy the MINI and the models. haha

Old 10-06-2014, 10:52 AM
papawhiskey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jmeryllman
Thanks! I really need to do a photoshoot with Mandy the MINI and the models. haha
I picked up my F56S in early May and hit 8500 miles this AM. Had one delivery issue with an incorrect light switch but all the mileage has been trouble free to date. Did the Burger Stage 1 tune and it's the best $$'s spent so far.

Glad you're loving your Mandy. My gal is Victoria and the wife and I argue over who gets to drive all the time.

Cheers