F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Everyone getting excited?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 05:04 PM
MyOrangeOne
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini Lounge

Mine also shows that it is on a ship. However, I know for a fact that it is sitting in the holding area in S. Cal. My dealer said that the updating shown in the lounge for your car is actually done at the dealership. He also said that there is no way for a dealer to know when your individual car will be placed on a transporter and arrive at the dealership until they actually get a confirmation notice from Mini that it has been placed on the transporter. I think he also said they are waiting for 60+ Minis. First ordered will be first shipped.

Last edited by MyOrangeOne; 09-28-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:03 PM
the901
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
MCS arrived at Brunswick Port on the 11th of September. Dealer has 75+ MINIs waiting. It's going to be awhile.

The wait is giving me too much time to second guess my order. I should have gone with the JCW interior package, sports suspension, etc.

Yes, I'm excited.

Old 09-28-2014, 09:12 PM
The Meal
4th Gear
Originally Posted by the901
The wait is giving me too much time to second guess my order. I should have gone with the JCW interior package...
Yes, I'm excited.
This is exactly me as well.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:33 AM
hammerhands
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by hotrunner
@hammerhands........
I guess it all depends when the satellite photo was taken ?
ah ha....a drone being used....now you are talking....very creative !
One to be used to hover each dealership and one to hover over the Halifax Autoport in real time all the time.....now that would be fantastic....very smart.
There's an Autoport or two in every major city.

The one here is in St. Boniface, an extension of Symington Yards. I go by it almost everyday, but I've never noticed it before.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:11 PM
bkrysko
1st Gear
Well it is 9:10 pm on the west coast which means it is October 1st on the East coast. Are there 2015 Mini's pouring into the dealerships? Anybody heard anything?

Old 10-02-2014, 09:06 AM
tripleTurbo
2nd Gear
Still excited but no phone call yet. My guy has been very nice through this whole wait and I'm not mad just will have to keep waiting and imagining what it's like to drive a Mini. :-)

Old 10-02-2014, 09:18 AM
g34343greg
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who's close to a port? Someone go check out their dealership and see if there's any there!!

Old 10-02-2014, 10:40 AM
aafflyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by g34343greg
Who's close to a port? Someone go check out their dealership and see if there's any there!!
Cars are shipping from VDC to dealers. They are shipping priority one cars first, i.e. customer orders. There are approximately 1000 priority one cars to be shipped to customers, so that's quite a few car carriers...

Old 10-02-2014, 10:50 AM
angrymini
2nd Gear
i wonder how many cars each dealer is waiting on

Old 10-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Rocket_man
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Our car is being loaded on a truck today. It is at the GA VDC and we were Week 28 - been there since 2 Aug. It is a 14 hour drive and since the dealer is closed on Sunday (unless they are going to open just to get these cars) it should be at the dealer on Monday.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:57 PM
bkrysko
1st Gear
We phoned our sales rep today and were told that cars were being delivered but we would not get ours for another 2 weeks. Then, 2 hours later the Business Manager calls and tells us our car will ready ready on Monday! Remarkable but at least the saga is almost over. Good luck to all you folks!

Old 10-03-2014, 06:03 AM
g34343greg
4th Gear
I tried calling my the salesperson from the dealership (i refuse to call them "motoring assistants". he's a salesperson.) He did not answer so I left a message. Hopefully I will hear back today.

I then called Mini USA and they said mine is scheduled to ship out today and arrive tomorrow, which would agree with what the OL says.

I was really hoping to take delivery tomorrow so I could play with it all weekend :(
so close though!!

Old 10-03-2014, 06:12 AM
D.D.
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Anyone take delivery yet???????

Old 10-03-2014, 07:01 AM
angrymini
2nd Gear
i called the ask mini number yesterday and was told that my car can not be tracked once it reached the port, but i see others saying they got information on when their car would be shipped....... i just want my car

Old 10-03-2014, 07:12 AM
RichSz
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by angrymini
i called the ask mini number yesterday and was told that my car can not be tracked once it reached the port, but i see others saying they got information on when their car would be shipped....... i just want my car
I was told the same thing from AskMINI. Last night my salesman (I'm onboard, if he were an assistant I would have fired him by now) emailed me to tell me the cars have been released. I refrained from replying "no sh*t, Sherlock" and asked for the shipping information others have received. I fully expect my salesman to remain useless.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:15 AM
wtwien
4th Gear
Originally Posted by g34343greg
I tried calling my the salesperson from the dealership (i refuse to call them "motoring assistants". he's a salesperson.) He did not answer so I left a message. Hopefully I will hear back today.

I then called Mini USA and they said mine is scheduled to ship out today and arrive tomorrow, which would agree with what the OL says.

I was really hoping to take delivery tomorrow so I could play with it all weekend :(
so close though!!
The dealer is going need some time to prep the car, my dealer said they could do the prep in day to a day and half.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:47 AM
becky1711
4th Gear
Originally Posted by RichSz
I was told the same thing from AskMINI. Last night my salesman (I'm onboard, if he were an assistant I would have fired him by now) emailed me to tell me the cars have been released. I refrained from replying "no sh*t, Sherlock" and asked for the shipping information others have received. I fully expect my salesman to remain useless.
Well, at least your salesman told you that it was released. That's more than I got. I called Ask-MINI today and they told me my car was released to carrier yesterday (already knew that from another Ask-MINI call yesterday), but the part I didn't know is that they said it has not been scanned as leaving the VDC. Rep said once that scan happens they can estimate when it will get to the dealer. There's a poster on here who had car get to the same VDC 10 days after mine (mine's been there since 7/23) and his dealer is 10 hours farther away than mine from the VDC, yet he has dates - so, who knows how all this actually works. Seems a bit of a crap shoot. The last week or so of waiting is hard. Sure wish there was better communication. Just having info would make it less frustrating no matter how long the wait.

[Later] Just called my salesman again and he said barring an unforeseen tsunami (which wouldn't be out of the question given how this roll-out has gone), he expects me to be able to take delivery by mid-week. Fingers crossed....

Last edited by becky1711; 10-03-2014 at 08:42 AM. Reason: update
Old 10-03-2014, 09:18 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
There has to be a huge number of Minis waiting to be loaded onto trucks. How could anyone know how soon an individual car in that sea of cars would be freed up to load onto some truck bound for New Jersey? It's like herding cats!

Old 10-03-2014, 09:29 AM
becky1711
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
There has to be a huge number of Minis waiting to be loaded onto trucks. How could anyone know how soon an individual car in that sea of cars would be freed up to load onto some truck bound for New Jersey? It's like herding cats!
Agreed - to a point. They are all tracked electronically and are supposed to be shipped first in/first out. We who were in week 27 were first in so we can reasonably expect that our cars are being loaded imminently. If you're in the middle of the pack, the estimate gets much trickier.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:26 AM
CooperB
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by becky1711
Agreed - to a point. They are all tracked electronically and are supposed to be shipped first in/first out. We who were in week 27 were first in so we can reasonably expect that our cars are being loaded imminently. If you're in the middle of the pack, the estimate gets much trickier.
The key word here is "supposed to be shipped first in/first out".

I work in logistics and have experience with EPA delays. Without disclosing my customer I can tell you we had the same issue several months ago. My customer's freight is all collected at various ports of call and we arrange for truckload or rail to a terminal closer to the end dealer. We had thousands of units waiting EPA approval and when finally released it was mass chaos. Customer called and said everything is approved for transport, get it all out ASAP. Since we can get multiple units on each truck or rail car we simply started putting together units based on routes that made the best sense to the trucking and rail carriers.

For example, we loaded in Baltimore, MD and routed the truck with a final destination in Houston, TX where it could load again from that port of call. Keep in mind this particular truck had stops along the way, in-route of course, in Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA, Mobile, AL, and finally Houston, TX. We then loaded in Houston, TX and routed to a final in Los Angles, CA, again with various stops along the way.

We did the above for several weeks routing these trucks all over the US and Canada until the backlog was completed. It took almost a month for every dealer to get what had been sitting at various ports of call as we simply routed the trucks to move the most number of units if the most efficient manner.

I would almost guarantee MINI is doing the exact same. It makes no sense to load 6-8 vehicles and zig-zag the carrier across the country. You have to ensure the final destination has a re-load available within 100-200 miles or the carrier simply won't accept the load and take something better. Good news for your guys in the Rockies... the weather is still decent. In about a month that will not be the case and freight will be much slower moving in that part of the region. Overall the weather is good in most of the US and lower Canada, freight is moving freely right now and capacity is not tight as it was a couple weeks ago.

Hope you all get your MINI's soon... just remember depending on where your dealer is located can effect the travel time once it's loaded on a truck and how many stop's the truck has before your dealer. Most trucks can average around 600 miles per day of "legal travel" before having to shut down for 12 hours. Your dealer does not have to be open to accept the vehicles. The carrier will leave the vehicles and drop the bill of lading and keys in the service night deposit box.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:41 AM
becky1711
4th Gear
Now THAT is the sort of info that is really helpful. Thanks.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:03 PM
The Meal
4th Gear
Thanks CooperB (and not just because of the shout out to those of us waiting in the Rockies!).

Old 10-03-2014, 04:09 PM
MINIwuff
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I happened by the MINI dealer near LAX in the South Bay today and I saw at least three trucks of 2015 Coopers being unloaded. No S models.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:21 PM
wtwien
4th Gear
Originally Posted by CooperB
The key word here is "supposed to be shipped first in/first out".

For example, we loaded in Baltimore, MD and routed the truck with a final destination in Houston, TX where it could load again from that port of call. Keep in mind this particular truck had stops along the way, in-route of course, in Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA, Mobile, AL, and finally Houston, TX. We then loaded in Houston, TX and routed to a final in Los Angles, CA, again with various stops along the way.

My Dealer is just off the I-10 along the way to Houston, TX so that is good for me. My date is still October 5th on OL and I know Rocket_man who is in Houston date is I believe is Oct 5th or 6th so hopefully it is true for me that the date of Oct 5th is correct. One to two days to prep I hope to be able to pick up my car Wed or Thur. I may need to take a day off of work because I live 2 1/2 hour from the dealer. Hooray!!!

Old 10-04-2014, 01:28 AM
Rocket_man
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wtwien
My Dealer is just off the I-10 along the way to Houston, TX so that is good for me. My date is still October 5th on OL and I know Rocket_man who is in Houston date is I believe is Oct 5th or 6th so hopefully it is true for me that the date of Oct 5th is correct. One to two days to prep I hope to be able to pick up my car Wed or Thur. I may need to take a day off of work because I live 2 1/2 hour from the dealer. Hooray!!!
When I called Ask Mini earlier they told me it was loaded on Waggoners truck and left the VDC, today my MA said she called the carrier and said the car has not been released to them yet. I imagine an actual instantaneous status might be difficult. I'm hoping there is a truck somewhere on I-10 as I type this with our car on it. Funny when I called the automated system it tells me it is at the Port wait on a ship... I hope they didn't send it back!! Did I **** someone off??? LOL!

At least we are on the front end of shipping these out. There are only so many car carriers out there and lots of cars to move from point A to point B.... not just Mini's but the normal flow of cars. Mini just can't instantaneously call up hundreds of idle car carriers to work off the backlog. It is going to take some time.

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Everyone getting excited?