F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Everyone getting excited?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 06:23 AM
tripleTurbo
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone getting excited?

October 1 is just right around the corner! We will soon be rocking our turbo hatches.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:21 AM
Lawnmower3000
2nd Gear
Just imagine the onslaught of posts to NAM. Yikes. Will probably crash their servers.

Strangely enough, the Delivery Estimate just popped up on the Owner's Lounge Status Page for our car yesterday. It's been sitting at the DC since 8 Aug, and just yesterday they decided to say something about delivery. The estimate was for 2 Oct. I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:22 AM
RichSz
3rd Gear
Interesting. My car has also been sitting there since August 8th and now has a delivery estimate of 10/3.

I'm not really all that excited because the loaner I've been driving has showed me all the small irritating problems associated with MINI ownership. I can only hope that my manual MCS with HUD and mongo electronics eliminates the more annoying issues.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:40 AM
D.D.
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RichSz
Interesting. My car has also been sitting there since August 8th and now has a delivery estimate of 10/3.

I'm not really all that excited because the loaner I've been driving has showed me all the small irritating problems associated with MINI ownership. I can only hope that my manual MCS with HUD and mongo electronics eliminates the more annoying issues.
You easily can cancel your car for a full refund if you are unhappy. Now that you had the chance to "try" it, it may not be for you. Best think it over...you still have time. Once you accept delivery, you're stuck.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:24 AM
hammerhands
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm not too excited. There's a hockey game tomorrow, I even know the hour.

There was a report that they moved some MINIs to Toronto, I assume to the Autoport. There's supposed to be a compound here, so I was trying to find it on Google, maybe I can spot my car. Someone has named their used car lot Autoport.

http://www.cn.ca/en/repository/popup...bution-centres

And I'm still reading this forum.

Last edited by hammerhands; 09-26-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:56 AM
RichSz
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by D.D.
You easily can cancel your car for a full refund if you are unhappy. Now that you had the chance to "try" it, it may not be for you. Best think it over...you still have time. Once you accept delivery, you're stuck.
I realize this is the decision time. The problem is I traded my car in so the only vehicle I have is the loaner. I could cancel the deal, give back the loaner and hope to get the cash for my trade in (which the dealer has) very quickly then rent a car for a time until I can get a vehicle. Unfortunately I'm interested in a WRX which I'll want to order and will take some time to get. That rental could eat up a lot of my trade in funds. I'm kinda stuck.

Don't take this whining or any "woe is me" crap. I made every step with my eyes open. I'll see in a few weeks whether is was a mistake or not. Cars aren't forever, there's always next year.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:08 PM
D.D.
4th Gear
Don't take this whining or any "woe is me" crap. I made every step with my eyes open. I'll see in a few weeks whether is was a mistake or not. Cars aren't forever, there's always next year.
Understood....I purchased a new 325 xi and HATED, HATED, HATED, the car. I dumped it after 6 mos....could not stand it a day longer, and was the best decision I made. Did I mention I HATED that car??? Well, I did...This will be our third Mini and we are looking forward to it. I see your situation, and probably is best the way you are handling it. And like me, there are ALWAYS other cars. Good Luck....Perhaps the Mini will grow on you?

Old 09-26-2014, 02:01 PM
hp79
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Understood....I purchased a new 325 xi and HATED, HATED, HATED, the car. I dumped it after 6 mos....could not stand it a day longer, and was the best decision I made. Did I mention I HATED that car??? Well, I did...This will be our third Mini and we are looking forward to it. I see your situation, and probably is best the way you are handling it. And like me, there are ALWAYS other cars. Good Luck....Perhaps the Mini will grow on you?
Why did you hate the BMW 325 so much? I needed a second car, and if I had the money, that's what I would probably be getting. I am thinking that will be my next car after the MINI 2015 hardtop, maybe 3-5 years later and still keep the MINI because it's probably a very fun car.

Old 09-26-2014, 02:39 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by hp79
Why did you hate the BMW 325 so much? I needed a second car, and if I had the money, that's what I would probably be getting. I am thinking that will be my next car after the MINI 2015 hardtop, maybe 3-5 years later and still keep the MINI because it's probably a very fun car.
Let me guess: the 325 was too big for his taste. I had a 1988 325i and loved it. My friend got one a few years ago and it was like it became a 535i. I bet the 128/135 cars are similar to my 1988 325. The Mini is just lighter and smaller is all.

Old 09-27-2014, 02:37 AM
CobraBob
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rich, what are the "small, irritating problems associated with MINI ownership" that you speak of.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:18 AM
hotrunner
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hammerhands
I'm not too excited. There's a hockey game tomorrow, I even know the hour.

There was a report that they moved some MINIs to Toronto, I assume to the Autoport. There's supposed to be a compound here, so I was trying to find it on Google, maybe I can spot my car. Someone has named their used car lot Autoport.

http://www.cn.ca/en/repository/popup...bution-centres

And I'm still reading this forum.

Any ideas if on Oct. 1 holds true for release out of the Halifax compound or do you think vehicles were moved to compounds closer in cities of dealers in order to help expedite the delivery?.....if they don't, then we could all be looking at another 1-3 weeks for dealer delivery ? Iduno I, just my gut feeling things will be late and backed up ...I guess we will wait and see...... Good luck everyone.....almost like holding a lottery ticket at this point...who will get the first call ?

Old 09-28-2014, 07:06 AM
DarkBlue15MCS
2nd Gear
Definitely excited. My car has been at the Baltimore VDC since July 29th. My estimated delivery is Oct. 5 which just appeared the other day.

For those that have ordered and received Minis, is that estimated date when I get the car or just when it arrives at the dealer?

Old 09-28-2014, 07:13 AM
CooperB
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DarkBlue15MCS
For those that have ordered and received Minis, is that estimated date when I get the car or just when it arrives at the dealer?
unfortunately it's just the estimate day to arrive at your dealer. Once there it will be 2-5 more days until it's ready for pickup. They need time to PDI the car which depending on how busy the dealers service department is can take a couple days.

My previous R56 arrived to my ordering dealer on a Friday and it was not ready for me to pickup until the following Thursday.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:21 AM
D.D.
4th Gear
Any dealer proposed compensation presented to anyone yet?? We moved out of state since we ordered the Mini, but will be flying back when delivery is scheduled. Just wondering if anyone has been informed of what Mini is offering?

Old 09-28-2014, 07:34 AM
Mrdi
5th Gear
why did you hate the 3 series?

Old 09-28-2014, 07:53 AM
tripleTurbo
2nd Gear
Any dealer proposed compensation presented to anyone yet?? We moved out of state since we ordered the Mini, but will be flying back when delivery is scheduled. Just wondering if anyone has been informed of what Mini is offering?
Haven't been presented with any compensation nor do I expect any. I think that most will offer some gifts etc at the time of delivery. I'm not looking to take advantage of this delay since I still have my old car and even saved more money for downpayment.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:59 AM
DarkBlue15MCS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by CooperB
unfortunately it's just the estimate day to arrive at your dealer. Once there it will be 2-5 more days until it's ready for pickup. They need time to PDI the car which depending on how busy the dealers service department is can take a couple days.

My previous R56 arrived to my ordering dealer on a Friday and it was not ready for me to pickup until the following Thursday.
Thanks. At least I finally have a date!

Nothing in stone yet.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:02 AM
D.D.
4th Gear
The 325 xi was not to my driving liking. First, it was a four door sedan. I was skeptical when I bought it, hoping I would like it more, but it is just a sedan. The handling.....well, it's a sedan. I have always had sports cars, and going from them to a sedan was a major mistake. It was the first auto trans. I had ever owned, and did zero for driver interaction.....essentially, it was very boring to drive. The electronics in the car were horrible, and the voice activated system never worked properly. You see yourself coming and going all the time....should have bought a Honda and had a much better experience. Run flat tires were terrible and very heavy. NEVER should have traded in my Mini on this. The wife liked it, but also saw how miserable I was driving it. After a month, I gave it to my wife to drive, and after she had enough of it for 5 months, out it went. Even she was bored in it. But, the color was nice. And....it was a sedan. It was the worst car purchasing error I have ever made.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:51 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
The 325 xi was not to my driving liking. First, it was a four door sedan. I was skeptical when I bought it, hoping I would like it more, but it is just a sedan. The handling.....well, it's a sedan. I have always had sports cars, and going from them to a sedan was a major mistake. It was the first auto trans. I had ever owned, and did zero for driver interaction.....essentially, it was very boring to drive. The electronics in the car were horrible, and the voice activated system never worked properly. You see yourself coming and going all the time....should have bought a Honda and had a much better experience. Run flat tires were terrible and very heavy. NEVER should have traded in my Mini on this. The wife liked it, but also saw how miserable I was driving it. After a month, I gave it to my wife to drive, and after she had enough of it for 5 months, out it went. Even she was bored in it. But, the color was nice. And....it was a sedan. It was the worst car purchasing error I have ever made.
I hate to break it to you, but the F56's electronics are the same ones.

Old 09-28-2014, 09:12 AM
D.D.
4th Gear
Yup....And I thought Lucas parts were terrible in my Triumph!

Old 09-28-2014, 10:05 AM
wtwien
4th Gear
Originally Posted by CooperB

My dealer said that they could have the car ready for me in 1 day to day and half.

Old 09-28-2014, 10:10 AM
hammerhands
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by hotrunner
Any ideas if on Oct. 1 holds true for release out of the Halifax compound or do you think vehicles were moved to compounds closer in cities of dealers in order to help expedite the delivery?.....if they don't, then we could all be looking at another 1-3 weeks for dealer delivery ? Iduno I, just my gut feeling things will be late and backed up ...I guess we will wait and see...... Good luck everyone.....almost like holding a lottery ticket at this point...who will get the first call ?
The dealer said on Fricay that MINI didn't tell them where the cars were. If they are here it will take a couple of days, if they are in Halifax it will be about 10 days.

You can see about 200 of about 1500 cars at the Autoport from the parking lot of a church across the railway tracks. I could see some trucks, lots of white but no MINIs in sight. Maybe they're in a warehouse.

I wish I had drone.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:14 AM
hotrunner
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hammerhands
The dealer said on Fricay that MINI didn't tell them where the cars were. If they are here it will take a couple of days, if they are in Halifax it will be about 10 days.

You can see about 200 of about 1500 cars at the Autoport from the parking lot of a church across the railway tracks. I could see some trucks, lots of white but no MINIs in sight. Maybe they're in a warehouse.

I wish I had drone.
@hammerhands........
I guess it all depends when the satellite photo was taken ?
ah ha....a drone being used....now you are talking....very creative !
One to be used to hover each dealership and one to hover over the Halifax Autoport in real time all the time.....now that would be fantastic....very smart.

Last edited by hotrunner; 09-28-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:18 PM
gtmotor
2nd Gear
It still says "En route" on the owner's lounge for me without change since early August.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:24 PM
wtwien
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gtmotor
It still says "En route" on the owner's lounge for me without change since early August.
I would call MINIUSA tomorrow and talk with someone

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Everyone getting excited?