F55/F56/F57 Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for F55/F56 MINI Cooper AND Cooper S models.

Bottom row of gears stuck.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 12:36 PM
Aaron.ellis
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bottom row of gears stuck.

Hey guys first post here. I hav the OEM shifter retaining clip break on me so I replaced it with the Cravenspeed clip. Installation of that went well, but afterwards getting in and out of second, fourth, and sixth is extremely stiff. Driving to work and back hurt my shoulder stiff. Following the instructions to remove the linkage from the bottom of the shifter, I used the biggest flathead driver I had and a rubber mallet to sepesepa it. I am thinking in the process of removing the linkage something changed. With out the linkage attached the shifter moves freely about.

Things that I have tried:
Lube the cup in the linkage that the shifter connects to.
Take the air box off and look at the linkage assembly.

Edit: Found the problem, after separating the linkage from the assembly. I can now move the assembly with no resistance. I have no clue of what to do now, but the problem is definitely with the linkage.

Last edited by Aaron.ellis; 12-22-2018 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-22-2018, 06:38 PM
Aaron.ellis
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fixed

No idea how to edit my original post but relubing the linkage and giving a good whack to seat it on the linkage assembly seemed to do the trick.