F55/F56/F57 Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for F55/F56 MINI Cooper AND Cooper S models.

squeaky noise from steering

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 03:39 PM
jaep1911
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
squeaky noise from steering

I have been having squeaky noise coming from the front end of my MCS (Nov 2015 build) when I turn the steering wheel in either direction. I noticed this first time when I was pulling the car out of my garage in the morning but I can hear it even when I pull off from traffic lights and turn right/left. It has started a couple of weeks ago.

I recorded the noise inside the car. Please turn up the volume and listen very carefully. The noise is actually much easier to hear inside the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWkh...ature=youtu.be

Anyone else has had or is having this phenomenon?

Man, I am having all kinds of noise in this car - cluck from the rear shock(s), cracking noise from all the windows when the sun hits the car as if things are expanding and about to explode, and now this noise. Please do not tell me that is normal with the MINI. I have the second date coming up in a couple of weeks and we will have a long conversation then

Old 02-21-2016, 09:00 PM
Gloriakogg
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car is having the same problem earlier. My car is currently 7 months old with 3,100 km. About a month ago the exact same clicking/grinding noise happened to me when my car was around 2,700 km. It happens when I am trying to turn left at 0-15 km/h. Absolutely no noise when turning right though. My husband and I thought it's related to the cold weather that we are having at that time (-5 to -10 degrees, feels like -15 degree ish), but since it's under warranty so I decided to go back to MINI dealership for a check up anyways. After I got my car back, the dealership said they have fixed the problem but I can still hear it. Just not loud (I am talking about if you turn on your radio with normal volume then you won't be able to hear it at all).

Result from MINI dealership:

"Cause: puma measure #58332673 -05"
"Correction: Heard noise coming from the front of the vehicle. Isolated noise to front end suspension. Searched puma and found measure #58332673, removed both front tires and retightened the screw connection between the swivel bearing and the control arm/wheel control joint as per measure."

So I went back to the dealership for the second time after a week of driving because the noise gotten louder again, but for some reasons the noise just magically disappeared!!! The noise comes and goes for the next week or so. Then it's comely gone after that. I hope it won't come back again.

Old 02-24-2016, 02:20 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,974 Likes on 1,772 Posts
We talked about it here already

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ning-left.html

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172