F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) MINI Cooper Clubman and Clubman S Discussion

F54 I may buy a F?...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 03:38 PM
Goldsmithy
MINI Alliance Ambassador
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts
I may buy a F?...

It's time for me to get a new car and I am thinking about getting a F? series MINI and am already gravitating to the all wheel drive model. I have a 2005 R52 S that is my week-end plaything. I know they have changed drastically from both a mechanical style view-point. I know it will be an auto. and and S. What other features that are worth/not worth? Problems and how your dealer handled it to your satisfaction or not.

I know that most people that frequent the MINI sites are aware the NAM and https://www.motoringalliance.com/ now have a wealth of knowledge available to any one...so, I am cross-posting this to M/A

Old 05-30-2018, 03:46 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Received 507 Likes on 383 Posts
The more I drive my Clubman S All4, the more I love it. Lots of low end torque, and fully loaded, while causing the price to climb, adds to my enjoyment with lounge leather, sunroof, adjustable dynamic suspension, and the paddle shifters with the 8-speed auto are fun and the shifts are fast and seamless. I added the Dinan Sport for a bit of extra boost -- not a full tune, but definitely makes a positive difference.

I stayed with 17" rims -- maybe not as good looking as other options, but I like the ride -- even more after dumping the run flats. Got the spare tire, which I hope to never need, but eliminated any concerns about not having run flats.

There are SCREAMING deals on Clubman -- for some reason they aren't selling well. And near-new ones are starting to appear for about half of the MSRP of a new one.

Only way to find out is to test drive one. Only you can decide if the well-kitted new generation is MINI enough for your tastes. But, FWIW, our fancy cars have become garage queens -- all my wife wants to do is motor in the MINI, as do I. 10,000 miles so far, ZERO issues. That's never happened with any car I've purchased or leased.