F54 Question for those that have ordered 2018's

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question for those that have ordered 2018's

Greetings,

My car has been built and has been sitting on a dock somewhere since 8/30. Although the last seven of the VIN would indicate the car was built in Oxford (starts with a two), Bimmer.work shows that it was built in Borne. So two questions:

1) Where are these clubman's produced?
2) What carrier brought your Mini home?

I've looked at 20 VIN's in front of mine and can't track any of them via the WWL site so I'm assuming they are using K-line now.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
David

Old 09-03-2017, 06:28 PM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Loonysup
Greetings,

My car has been built and has been sitting on a dock somewhere since 8/30. Although the last seven of the VIN would indicate the car was built in Oxford (starts with a two), Bimmer.work shows that it was built in Borne. So two questions:

1) Where are these clubman's produced?
2) What carrier brought your Mini home?

I've looked at 20 VIN's in front of mine and can't track any of them via the WWL site so I'm assuming they are using K-line now.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
David
I think it depends where YOU live. My Countryman was made in Born, and is tracking on WWL. It's on the Tortugas, currently in Southampton, UK. I live in Philadelphia. I don't think they all hit every port. Some do short runs (?).

Old 09-03-2017, 06:58 PM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
How long was yours at the port before being loaded? I’m in Florida and mine is coming in via Brunswick GA.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:29 AM
Pseudarius
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine was assembled in Oxford in early July. I have no idea what carrier brought it over - I had a lot of issues with my dealer and wasn't pressing them on the specifics at that point ... just sitting back and waiting for it's arrival.

To give a quick time-table:
I "ordered" and 2017 back in May, but the dealership didn't tell me that there were no longer any more allocations and that it couldn't be ordered. About 3 weeks later they informed me that I could order a 2018, but we had to iron out the changes required by the new model year.

I received a production number from my dealer on June 28th and it went into production with a VIN number on July 7th. From there, it waited for transport and set sail towards the end of the month (arriving on the 5th of August). 10 days later it arrived at my dealership for pickup (Inconveniently, I was on vacation and picked it up a week later).

Old 09-05-2017, 09:20 AM
2nd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Had the same VIN issue and questions after ordering my F54 last year (2017 model). Clubmans all are manufactured at the Oxford plant and seem to ship exclusively via K-Line. My sales guy was able to confirm which vessel it shipped on after it was loaded, and I watched its progress thereafter via one of the realtime maritime tracking sites. No specific updates possible via the K-Line website, only the shipping schedule.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:14 PM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 1200K
Had the same VIN issue and questions after ordering my F54 last year (2017 model). Clubmans all are manufactured at the Oxford plant and seem to ship exclusively via K-Line. My sales guy was able to confirm which vessel it shipped on after it was loaded, and I watched its progress thereafter via one of the realtime maritime tracking sites. No specific updates possible via the K-Line website, only the shipping schedule.
i called ASK-MINI today and they had no info so I’m guessing my MA doesn’t either. Assuming it’s K-Line, my next shot is 9/10 which puts it in Brunswick on 9/22. Fingers crossed.