F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) MINI Cooper Clubman and Clubman S Discussion

F54 How to remove third brake light to install Pulsar flasher

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 02:22 PM
GDGR
3rd Gear
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by 2017All4
So I removed the rear light module from the rear door and discovered two bulbs present. One is the reverse lamp the other is the non-functioning fog lamp. The third, smaller lamp socket is wired but empty on my car. The owner's guide says it's supposed to be a tail light. When I turn on the headlights and/or parking lights, with one or both rear barn doors open, the only tail lights that illuminate are the lower bumper lights that are part of the bumper brake light module. When the barn doors are closed and the headlights/parking lights are on, the rear door tail lights illuminate.

The wiring for all three lamps is present along with a single brown common. So it seems it will be straightforward to trace and tap the gray wire that comes from the fog lamp.

I am wondering if the LED light package is what is making my tail lights differ from the owner's guide???

First order of business is to get with my dealer to sort out why there are no tail light lamps present in this module. Interesting.
I'd bet $$ that the taillight bulb socket would be occupied with a bulb if you had the standard non-LED taillights. I could check mine, but don't know if I'll have time - headed out of town in few hours.

Old 02-19-2017, 02:26 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Received 507 Likes on 383 Posts
Originally Posted by GDGR
I'd bet $$ that the taillight bulb socket would be occupied with a bulb if you had the standard non-LED taillights. I could check mine, but don't know if I'll have time - headed out of town in few hours.
I'm sure you're right. Gotta figure out where the LED's are hiding or if what I think is the fog light lamp is really illuminating the door tail lights. Further research required.

Old 02-19-2017, 02:49 PM
GDGR
3rd Gear
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I don't know if it helps ... no time to take apart further. But this is what I see on my passenger side barn door (non-LED).

Attached Thumbnails How to remove third brake light to install Pulsar flasher-photo352.jpg  
Old 02-19-2017, 03:05 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Received 507 Likes on 383 Posts
Originally Posted by GDGR
I don't know if it helps ... no time to take apart further. But this is what I see on my passenger side barn door (non-LED).
That's the part. Looks familiar.