F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) MINI Cooper Clubman and Clubman S Discussion

F54 Power Folding Mirror Activation

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 02:34 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Received 507 Likes on 383 Posts
Originally Posted by xentar
Nope, our cars doesn't have that button on the driver's side door armrest and yes the auto curb monitor option is nowhere to be found from the I-drive menu.

I was just thinking that since the mirrors can be tilted/adjusted electronically, perhaps it's just a matter of enabling that feature thru coding. Hope someone in this forum can confirm this.
So here is what Carly can onlock if your mirrors have the capacity to tilt:

If you can adjust your mirrors electrically, then the capacity for them to tilt should be there.

It can get a bit complex, as there are different functions -- enabling tilt in reverse and then degree of tilt.

Mirror folding requires the presence of motors that differ from the motors that power mirror adjustment. Also, capacity needs to be built into the control modules -- I have no idea how Canada is different. I do know some of the mirror capabilities are linked to heated mirrors, which I would think would be present in a cold climate region.

Good luck.

The following users liked this post:
xentar (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 05:09 PM
tangy07
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ya there's no way to activate the curbside tilting. I know my clubman has that feature but don't know where to activate it. It seems to work only sometimes.. Not sure when though

Old 07-14-2017, 05:57 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by tangy07
Ya there's no way to activate the curbside tilting. I know my clubman has that feature but don't know where to activate it. It seems to work only sometimes.. Not sure when though
So if your car has the feature, it can only be adjusted by coding. Carly is the easiest to use, with options for adjusting the feature as shown in the previous post's screen shot from the Carly web site.

If your car has the curb viewing feature, when the car is placed in reverse, it will tilt the passenger mirror downward. The amount of the tilt is adjustable through coding. I reduced the amount of tilt and found the reduced tilt to be better for me.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:22 PM
tangy07
2nd Gear
my question is will this void the warranty? if so is it easy to restore back so they won't know when i go for servicing

Old 07-14-2017, 09:25 PM
GDGR
3rd Gear
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
It only works when the mirror adjustment selector switch is pushed to the driver's side.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:06 PM
tangy07
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by GDGR
It only works when the mirror adjustment selector switch is pushed to the driver's side.
thanks i just realized that lol

Old 10-07-2017, 11:05 AM
tangy07
2nd Gear
+1 on this.. was really disappointed when I found out that power folding mirrors are not available here in Canada... :(

also, does anyone knows if it is possible to code the automatic curb monitor even if our cars doesn't have the power folding feature?
have you tried the coding for folding mirrors yet? i am using bimmercode app and have no luck so far. comfort closing and opening works though

Old 10-07-2017, 01:18 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
have you tried the coding for folding mirrors yet? i am using bimmercode app and have no luck so far. comfort closing and opening works though
Mirror folding requires your mirrors to have the necessary motors. If you can fold the mirrors with a button, you've got the motors. No folding button means probably no required motors on your car.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:53 AM
xentar
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 2017All4
Mirror folding requires your mirrors to have the necessary motors. If you can fold the mirrors with a button, you've got the motors. No folding button means probably no required motors on your car.

I agree.. power folding mirrors require a separate motor.. that's why I'm only interested if I can at least enable the auto curb monitor since we can adjust the side mirrors electrically..

Old 10-12-2017, 07:04 AM
2017All4
Super Moderator
I agree.. power folding mirrors require a separate motor.. that's why I'm only interested if I can at least enable the auto curb monitor since we can adjust the side mirrors electrically..
Can you activate/deactivate tilting by sliding the switch to the driver's side mirror position? It's the switch between the mirror adjustment 4-way and the window switches on the drivers door arm rest.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:19 AM
xentar
2nd Gear
Can you activate/deactivate tilting by sliding the switch to the driver's side mirror position? It's the switch between the mirror adjustment 4-way and the window switches on the drivers door arm rest.

nope... I've tried that countless times.. it seems that since our cars doesn't have power folding mirrors, Mini Canada also didn't bother activating the auto curb tilt feature.. :(

Old 10-13-2017, 05:56 AM
tangy07
2nd Gear
nope... I've tried that countless times.. it seems that since our cars doesn't have power folding mirrors, Mini Canada also didn't bother activating the auto curb tilt feature.. :(
i have the curb tilting function on my car and i'm from canada. there is a switch below the mirror adjustments on the driver side. the switch has to be on the left in order for the curb tilting to work

Old 10-13-2017, 06:05 AM
xentar
2nd Gear
i have the curb tilting function on my car and i'm from canada. there is a switch below the mirror adjustments on the driver side. the switch has to be on the left in order for the curb tilting to work

oh ok.. so that means the F54 might have that feature after all.. Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm referring to my F56.. :(

Old 10-13-2017, 06:18 AM
tangy07
2nd Gear
oh ok.. so that means the F54 might have that feature after all.. Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm referring to my F56.. :(
what package do you have on your car? maybe it's an additional feature?

Old 10-13-2017, 06:39 AM
xentar
2nd Gear
what package do you have on your car? maybe it's an additional feature?

I have 2016 F56 S.. it has the Essentials, Loaded and Wired Navigation package plus PDC sensors.. (gripe.. I should have included the LED package as well.. )

The last time I checked with Mini Downtown about the auto curb tilting mirrors.. they doesn't seems to know what I was talking about..

Old 10-13-2017, 07:05 AM
tangy07
2nd Gear
I have 2016 F56 S.. it has the Essentials, Loaded and Wired Navigation package plus PDC sensors.. (gripe.. I should have included the LED package as well.. )

The last time I checked with Mini Downtown about the auto curb tilting mirrors.. they doesn't seems to know what I was talking about..
maybe you need the visibility package. I have essentials, loaded, led and visibility.

do you have that button below the mirrors adjustment?

Old 10-13-2017, 07:23 AM
xentar
2nd Gear
maybe you need the visibility package. I have essentials, loaded, led and visibility.

do you have that button below the mirrors adjustment?

yep.. I think that's standard since that how you set which mirror you're going to adjust (left or right).

Old 10-13-2017, 07:29 AM
tangy07
2nd Gear
yep.. I think that's standard since that how you set which mirror you're going to adjust (left or right).
oh right...my bad then i think it's a package thing

xentar (10-13-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 07:51 PM
punkgeek
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I just got my F56 (but I assume the same) and found this thread. I've tried to follow all the posts but I'm still missing one question:

I do have the folding mirrors (part of cold weather pack) but I don't have comfort access (no keyless entry - fob or key only). Can I still use bimmercode or carly to either auto fold the mirrors on park or allow folding the mirrors via fob? i.e. does turning on these features via coding only work if you also have "comfort access"

Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:04 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by punkgeek
I just got my F56 (but I assume the same) and found this thread. I've tried to follow all the posts but I'm still missing one question:

I do have the folding mirrors (part of cold weather pack) but I don't have comfort access (no keyless entry - fob or key only). Can I still use bimmercode or carly to either auto fold the mirrors on park or allow folding the mirrors via fob? i.e. does turning on these features via coding only work if you also have "comfort access"

Any advice would be appreciated.
If you can lock/unlock the car from the fob, then you should be able to code the mirrors as well as other global closing functions like windows and sunroof. The mirrors can be set to fold simultaneously with lock, or a slight delay can be coded requiring the fob lock button to be held a bit longer after the locking function has been activated.

punkgeek (10-22-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 04:22 PM
punkgeek
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
If you can lock/unlock the car from the fob, then you should be able to code the mirrors as well as other global closing functions like windows and sunroof. The mirrors can be set to fold simultaneously with lock, or a slight delay can be coded requiring the fob lock button to be held a bit longer after the locking function has been activated.
Thanks! Got bimmercode and it worked great!

Old 10-19-2019, 01:28 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Did some Carly coding on our new 2020 Clubman.

The universe is now back in balance -- the side mirrors fold if I hold the door button or the fob lock button for an extra half a second, and, if I hold either button just a tick more after the mirrors start, the sunroof will begin closing as will any open windows.

And, of course, when I unlock the car, the folded mirrors unfold, just like Rolls Royce, and all the other Big Boys.

My door handle lights come on when the car is in reverse, and the passenger mirror now dips only slightly so I retain a good rearview vision field and can see down to the curb as well.

Coding through a smart phone is still a bit tedious with Carly but it is faster than it was a few years back and it is very straightforward. For a non-techie trog like me, it was not intimidating and got me what I wanted. The Carly web site offers lists of the many things that can be coded. There's lots.

I last coded with Carly back in 2017 so I needed to update my iPhone app. Had to contact Carly customer service, who gave me an unlock code and instructions so without additional payment I now have the full coding feature availability on the updated app, using the same dongle I purchased back in 2016.

So for those of you who purchased Carly a few years back but haven't used it in a long time, if you want to stay current, contact Carly to get updated without additional charge -- you just need to email them proof of purchase. You can retrieve your original purchase receipt through your phone.

Fold, unfold, roll up, roll down. Livin' the Rolls Royce life on a MINI budget.

Next thing is gonna be honking my horn remotely with Mini Connected. Neighbors are gonna love that.

Old 05-25-2020, 06:52 PM
varma1986
3rd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
My MINI COOPER 2019 COUNTRYMAN F60 did not come with the Power Folding Feature and i want to add it.I checked the system on the display and it did not have the option to fold/unfold the mirror under the vehicle settings options for doors.I tried to Bimmercode it, but the ecu will not code.
Can anyone advice.

Old 05-29-2020, 05:41 PM
aholst048
1st Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by varma1986
My MINI COOPER 2019 COUNTRYMAN F60 did not come with the Power Folding Feature and i want to add it.I checked the system on the display and it did not have the option to fold/unfold the mirror under the vehicle settings options for doors.I tried to Bimmercode it, but the ecu will not code.
Can anyone advice.
If you don't have it, coding does nothing. No button = no motors in the mirrors TO fold them.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:25 AM
varma1986
3rd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
As has been discussed in various threads, some of us would like to have the option to program our Mini so that the power mirrors can be set to fold when the car is locked with the door handle button and/or with the fob. Some in the USA would also like to be able to activate global closing (windows, sunroof, mirrors) with the fob.

We know from those brave techno-motorers who have ventured into their car's software that there are ways to do coding to enable the folding and global closing features -- it's in the software. I'm lobbying for a check box in Settings so users can enable/disable based on our individual preferences. Or, if that's not possible, at least for dealers to be able to program these features as a user preference, hopefully without charge for new cars.

I have contacted Mini USA Motoring Relations and they have responded to me with an email confirming they are "researching" the mirror folding option activation for me.

Here's what they've said so far:

"Thanks for writing MINI regarding your 2017 MINI Cooper S ALL4. Congratulations on your new MINI purchase!

I am researching your inquiry regarding the ability to program the power fold/unfold exterior mirrors on your MINI. I appreciate your patience in this matter, and look forward to contacting you soon with more information.

For your convenience, MINI Motoring Relations is available Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET. You can reach us at 1.866.ASK.MINI (275-6464).

Thanks again for taking the time to write to us.

LET’S MOTOR®."

It has been suggested that we start a wagering pool regarding what the ultimate resolution will be, but I'm advised that NAM is not a gambling site

I'll keep my fellow Clubmen and Clubwomen posted.
I was doing some search about adding Power Folding Mirrors to the MINI COOPER CountryMan F60 & I came across this interesting observation.
If U have the F60 with the "MINI EXCITEMENT PACK" installed at the time of purchase, the "Wiring Harness Part Number" for the Driver & Co-Driver are the same in all the options!.
It technically & theoretically would mean that if you have the "MINI Excitement Pack" on the F60, you should be able to add the "Power Fold" Wing mirrors by just swapping the 2 mirrors & the adding of a Switch on the drivers side.No need for changing the Wiring Harness.
If U did not have the Excitement package, then you would have to change the Mirrors & the Switch & the Wiring Harness!

While replacing parts, must strive to match number of Pins, Pin configuration, Features of the Wing assembly & Pin color & to also Code to enable the feature I guess!.

(https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=YS32-EUR-04-2018-F60-Mini-Cooper&diagId=61_2674)

Last edited by varma1986; 05-31-2020 at 05:38 AM.

Quick Reply: F54 Power Folding Mirror Activation