Call out for Germany MINI owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 09:46 AM
Brethan
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello MINI people

This is Lance coming from Graf/Vilseck area of Germany with a 2 month old '06 SB MCS, 3000miles already and don't regret any of those miles.

Motor Safe

Old 07-20-2006, 12:23 PM
RudyT
4th Gear
Hey Brethan,

Wiekommen to Germany once again. I try to post alot of information here under this thread but planning on starting a "Germany Club Thread".

There is an event in the Eifel at Spangdahlem AB. I post some information about this in a previous post under this thread. Not sure where Graf is but if its close, would you like to join us this weekend for Motor Weekend?

Let me know and I can send some more details. Till then, I'll see you out on the twisties, Not the autobahn.

Motor On !!!

Old 07-24-2006, 03:40 AM
Brethan
1st Gear
Originally Posted by RudyT
Hey Brethan,

Wiekommen to Germany once again. I try to post alot of information here under this thread but planning on starting a "Germany Club Thread".

There is an event in the Eifel at Spangdahlem AB. I post some information about this in a previous post under this thread. Not sure where Graf is but if its close, would you like to join us this weekend for Motor Weekend?

Let me know and I can send some more details. Till then, I'll see you out on the twisties, Not the autobahn.

Motor On !!!
RudyT,

Sorry I missed you last weekend, Graf is about 150K's North of Munchen, we are way down in Bayern. Gotta love the twisties out here, I love that I can go out for a weekend drive and get lost in hundreds of fields of hops and then come across a hop fest in some small town out in BFE. There are some great trips I've already seen, but I know there are hundreds more. Hope to get up to Hamberg and catch that MINI fest, will you be there?

Brethan

Old 07-25-2006, 02:11 PM
RudyT
4th Gear
I hope to be there. Still working on the wife approval. About 80 percent there. Plus it depends on the money situation. Planning a vacation in September involving a Mediteranian Cruise. I'll will put all efforts in trying to attend. I will be sure to let you and all otheres in the thread know soonest. I might try to get a small convoy to follow. Wish me luck.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:47 AM
PhilipHubs
1st Gear
I can't make it to Hamburg but there will be other possibilities to meet.

Brethan, you might want to check out the Bavarian section of www.mini2.info - if you speak some German. Here is a deep link: http://www.mini2.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37

They are very active and meet regularly. The next event is a BBQ in Flyingmatt's house in Schweinfurt on the 5th of Aug.
Have look: http://www.mini2.info/forum/showthread.php?t=25208

Be asured you will get a warm welcome, so don't be shy!!

Old 07-31-2006, 05:28 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey all....

Well, it has been a busy couple of months for me as I moved to Graf from Heidelberg. We are finally starting to get settled in and I will be looking for a local club in the near future. I still fly the mini2.info sticker on the back of my MINI. I have also installed the MTH Tuner file and all I can say is WOW. Lots more horses for sure.

I was also made a mod at the mini2.com site for the ICE section.

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well and I'll see you guys around. If anyone is in the Graf area, send me a PM and let's get together.

Will

Old 08-26-2006, 09:03 PM
loesches
I miss the autobahn!
DAFLAKE, where did you get the MTH tuner file installed at or did you do it yourself? Just curious as I have been thinking about doing the same.

Old 08-28-2006, 12:43 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Originally Posted by loesches
DAFLAKE, where did you get the MTH tuner file installed at or did you do it yourself? Just curious as I have been thinking about doing the same.
I did it myself. It is a very easy process that only requires the ODB cable and a laptop. You simply download your ECU map, send it to them, then upload the one they send back.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:14 PM
loesches
I miss the autobahn!
Thanks Daflake! I am planning on getting a few mods done this winter when I am driving my truck. Anyway, haven't seen much traffic in here lately. Has anyone been getting together for drives at all? I am heading out to the Black Forest in the morning for a day trip in the Mini. Love the roads down there.

Old 09-02-2006, 01:46 AM
RudyT
4th Gear
Mosel-Eifel-Bergtour

Upcoming Motoring Event In Germany -

The Mosel-Eifel-Bergtour 2006

When: Sunday 10th September 2006 around ~ 1100
Where: Starting Point in Koblenz - Details soon to follow

Description: The tour will start in Koblenz taking some of the best windy and twistie roads into the town of Cochem (Mosel Valley). There will be a lunch gathering at a local eatery. (Location still being determined). From there we will meeting other local MINI owners and continue down into the Eifel with a end meet point of either Nurburgring or somewhere deep in the Eifel Region. Here we will be having a dinner with all of our MINI friends to culminate the tour.

Details will be posted at MINI2.info under the "MINI Treffen" section. I will post here once I recieve the english translation.

If you plan to attend, feel free to post to get a head count from the NAM'ers. I look forward to seeing you out there. From one who lives in the Eifel Region, you will not be disappointed

Motor On... MINI ON

Old 09-03-2006, 05:54 AM
loesches
I miss the autobahn!
RudyT,

Planning on attending the drive on the 10th.

Old 09-03-2006, 07:01 AM
RudyT
4th Gear
Awesome

I should have the rest of the details tommorow (Monday Night). The organizer (daniellauxen) is meeting today to discuss the second half of the tour.

I'll be meeting daniellauxen on the way to Koblenz on Sunday. I'll keep you posted as soon as I recieve details.

Spread the word Look forward to the weekend

RudyT,

Planning on attending the drive on the 10th.

Old 09-04-2006, 06:04 AM
RudyT
4th Gear
This was posted today at mini2.info as translated by language services using Google.com:

Here now the result of our planning of yesterday:

10,30 o'clock - meetings at the McDonalds in Koblenz
(To A48 - > departure Koblenz north on the B9 - > these drive you city inward up to shell tanks, McDonalds behind it is not to survey)

11,00 o'clock - DEPARTURE!!!
(who thus is halfway punctual, can appear also short before eleven - I will spend the time meaningfully with a milk Shake)

Part 1 - Schorschi moves forward
(starting from Koblenz gehts over winding distances after pc. Goarshausen, there with the ferry over the Rhine and over the Hunsrück up to the Mosel)

Part 2 - now I must ran
(Along the Mosel gehts also a few excursions into the mountains after Cochem - here I would be for a small intermediate stop for our ice lovers. Starting from Cochem gehts over our Eifelsträs up to the ring, which we should reach around approx. 16,00 o'clock/16,30 o'clock. Times look which there so loosely actual otherwise must we which loose make. )

Part 3 - MEAL
(Elmar probably knows ne good Pizzeria at the ring and reserves for us. Here the question, who comes also to the meal or not, would be natural.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:20 PM
RudyT
4th Gear
The latest and greatest...

here is the latest news for sunday 10th sept:

10.30 Uhr - Meeting point is McDonalds,
Friedrich-Mohr-Straße 2 a / an der B9
56070 Koblenz

11.00 Uhr - START!!!
Part 1 - from Koblenz they take windy rads towards St. Goarshausen, ferry cross the Rhine, then through the Hunsrück down to the Mosel valley

Part 2 - via Mosel valley towards Cochem - ice cream break - from Cochem through the Eifel they will arrive at the Nürburgring at about 16.00 h / 16.30 h

Part 3 - DINNER
Pizza at the Nürburgring.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:53 PM
PhilipHubs
1st Gear
Oh man, too bad I'll miss this.

P.S. Like the Nürburgring Veteran badge

Old 09-10-2006, 11:22 AM
loesches
I miss the autobahn!
Had lots of fun on the drive today!

We had alot of fun today driving in the Mosul-Eifel area today. There are some fantastic roads there and everyone's MINI looked great!

RudyT, sorry I had to bail out in Cochem, but I got a phone call from work and had to go.

Looking forward to the next drive!

Old 09-10-2006, 12:54 PM
RudyT
4th Gear
Not a problem... Look forward to next time for some great carving and grinding of the twisties. I had a blast and look forward to the next event. I'll keep my eyes open at www.mini2.info and post any new information here.

Later this week I'll post some pics at flicker or my NAM account. Got a sweet picture today while at Nurburgring of the Ariel Atom . Tried to talk the driver in a ride and no deal . Too busy to run a lap or two ther with it being one of Germany's most beatiful Sundays.

This was a great day of motoring not to be missed. I'll see you later in the bends. I'm always reachable in the forums. Till then, Motor On... MINI On

We had alot of fun today driving in the Mosul-Eifel area today. There are some fantastic roads there and everyone's MINI looked great!

RudyT, sorry I had to bail out in Cochem, but I got a phone call from work and had to go.

Looking forward to the next drive!

Old 09-11-2006, 05:23 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Dude, you are addicted! Even hanging out on the German forums. :p Glad to see it bro. Unfortunetly work is really socking me in down here in Graf, so unless the event is nearby I won't be able to go. Hamburg was a blast, but the Mrs, really isn't into the MINI scene which dampened it a little. Either way, I still enjoyed it.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:21 AM
RudyT
4th Gear
Maybe its because she's not behind the wheel

Originally Posted by daflake
Dude, you are addicted! Even hanging out on the German forums. :p Glad to see it bro. Unfortunetly work is really socking me in down here in Graf, so unless the event is nearby I won't be able to go. Hamburg was a blast, but the Mrs, really isn't into the MINI scene which dampened it a little. Either way, I still enjoyed it.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:00 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RudyT
Maybe its because she's not behind the wheel
LOL, that could be.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:52 AM
letsgofloogin
2nd Gear
Don't know if anybody is still reading this. I live in Kaiserslautern and would like to get with some like minded owners. The car will be here next week from the dealer and I can't wait to get out and see what she can do.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:28 AM
RudyT
4th Gear
Geuten Tag

Welcome to NAM and Congratulations on your MINI. Soon you will get to experience the love, MINI style

There are quite a few of us that read this and are living in Germany. A few of us, especially myself included, are very active in these forums. Anytime I hear of an event that the German forums are hosting/planning, I usually post the details here. Right now there isn't a whole lot going on with Winter just around the corner. Of course if you just want to get together for a nice run and beer afterwards, thats ok too.

I live in the Eifel so K-Town isn't too far off. Let me know if your looking for a motoring buddy and I am sure we can get a small group together. PhilipHubs and loechses are also pretty active too. We just got done with the Eifel Mosel Berg Tour. Some great roads we drove. This is how I got started and now I am addicted (in a good way). I imagine there are plenty of MINI owners up your way. We just need them to get involved.

There is a small event this Saturday at Nurburgring called the GLP Pirellie Event. Its not really specific to MINI's but there will be a few there racing. Its not open to NATO plated cars, but it is fun to watch and hang out with the members from the www.mini2.info forums (German MINI forums) If you speak deutch, then thats the place to go. I might even get to score a free ride during the event. Once you break in your MINI, you have to do the Ring. Let me know when you do and I'll be happy to join you.

Again welcome to NAM and feel free to post here. Glad you joined us here. Look forward to some great motoring

--------------------------------------------------------
Hey Philip... Are you going to chime in soon...Floor is yours...

Old 10-05-2006, 07:30 AM
letsgofloogin
2nd Gear
Thanks for the warm welcome. Wasn't quite sure what the vibe here was. I read through some of the previous posts and you guys seem to talk quite a bit. I won't be able to do the Saturday thing. Out of town. But I should have the car by the end of next week. Should. I was hoping to hit the Ring before winter really got nasty, and I have a buddy that I work with, a fellow MINI owner, who is a ring regular. He offered to take me there and show me what it's all about. I wouldn't mind a weekend ride through some german countryside though.

Old 10-05-2006, 08:25 AM
RudyT
4th Gear
Feel free to post the details when and if your able to make it to the ring. I have the need to get in some laptime before the weather really takes a dive.

Just post in this thread if you want to do the weekend run. I am not familiar with the roads there, only in my area and the lux area. There are two ways to plan a run, either by just driving and exploring, or by using maps and planning out the twisties. Either way works.

You might be able to post a message in the german forums and ask if they know any good routes to take. If so, then let me know and I will make sure to tag along.

Old 10-24-2006, 12:48 AM
letsgofloogin
2nd Gear
I have been thinking that I will wait until spring to hit the ring. I will have summer tires in the spring, better than the runflats, and I think that would be better than trying to rush it. I will keep in touch and we can figure out more details when the new year come. Other than that I love the car. I drive everywhere. What a life.

Quick Reply: Call out for Germany MINI owners