Hello all...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 07:05 AM
91Eunos
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all...

Just now getting to some of teh other forums here on NAM and sorry to have missed the pulley pull in Heidelburg. I'll be able to do a lot more weekend trips now that things have started to settle in at work...probably headin to the Nurburgring on Monday and who knows after that...

Anyone in the K-Town area up for a drive or a wrenching session? I usually do all my own work but fairly new to the Mini. I've built motors and done more suspension work tan I can remember--mostly on Miatas and HotRods. So far just the Tx SpeedWorks stud conversion (late build '06 MCS for me) and SSRs w/ A048s for the Mini.

I think my rear strut support came in today but just missed the window for pacage pickup at teh post office here at Ramstein. No worries, it'll be a nice treat on Tuesday.

Thinking about a pulley and intake next--anyone have a puller I can rent? Better yet, anyone w/some experience want to share their time? I'm willing to travel! Any opinions on the M7 Pulley vs. the Alta version 2? What about the crank pulley? Anyone here in Germany have one?

Pretty set on an M7 front brace and oil catch can too... Tried to get that titanium exhaust from Coast-To-Coast but someone beat me to the punch--holding out for their next shipment.

Will also likely do all 4 rear control arms (leaning towards Alta w/ the heim joints) and a couple of otehr minor mods like an Odyssey or Stinger battery (like in my Miata back in the states) and perhaps a short shifter.

Debating on brakes as I may want to bring it back to "stock" condition for Auto-X purposes when (if?) I return to the states... Though those wouldn't be any tougher to reverse than the pulleys!

Old 05-26-2007, 11:43 PM
Poppa Bear
4th Gear
Howdy and welcome! There's a coupla folks down that way who are "trained" in the pulley process, however, the guy (daflake) with the big brain, experience and puller is waay out east. It might take more than pizza and biers to get daflake to make the trip!!! Tell ya what, I'd be in for another pulley party, especially after the results the crew up there have had with theirs. Honestly, I've been lurking about, watching how the mods work for abuzavi and loesches, the last of the Odenwald crew and I'm ready for the pulley and seriously considering the USS based off of what these guys have done. Just gotta ask that ya'll give me the three hours headstart to drive down that way cuz thats how long it takes from Nederlands! Enjoy your tour and your Mini and I'll see ya on the 'bahn!

Cheers!!

Old 05-27-2007, 02:17 AM
bart5467
4th Gear
Welcome! cant give any advice about pullys i have an 07. Are you gonna be makin your way up 2 Mini United?

Old 05-27-2007, 07:51 AM
91Eunos
4th Gear
We have some friends from the states over during that time but I plan to go up there solo for a couple of days... looks like a 5-6 hr drive from here.

Anyone made the drive from K-Town to Zandvoort yet?

Originally Posted by bart5467
Welcome! cant give any advice about pullys i have an 07. Are you gonna be makin your way up 2 Mini United?

Old 05-27-2007, 01:53 PM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey all! I am about three hours east of Heidelberg. (Good Ol Grafenwoehr)...

Anyway, with enough interest, I might be interested in another pulley party.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:57 PM
91Eunos
4th Gear
I can get to Graf... We send teams out there on occasion.

Got to the 'Ring yesterday and did 4 laps...thought about buying the Jahr pass but am waiting to see if they're doing a 1/2 year pass instead and save some $$ (or Euro! )...best time yesterday sliding all over the place in the rain was ~12 minutes flat (slow I know but I was extremely aware of the fact that I had to drive home.

The numerous wrecked cars yesterday (a lot of folks there w/a lot more $ than skill) was a constant reminder. Nice silver 993 turbo in the parking lot when I came in w/ a nice nose job courtsey of teh Armco barriers. There was a Suhweet 993 RS there yesterday too--never saw it on the track though.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:30 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You come out here and we can do it... It takes about three hours to do.