Emerald MINI Car Club (Eugene, OR) A Non-Profit MINI Car Club serving the Southern Willamette Valley in Oregon. Visit our website at www.emeraldmc2.com.

Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Skidoo8
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help!

Hi Everyone,
I’m new to this forum and was wondering if I could get your opinions on a few questions that I have?

First question- I live in Boise Idaho and was wondering what dealership would be the best place to get my mini from? I was thinking Oregon because they are close and I have family that live in Portland so I could kill two birds with one stone making the trip. I have no problem driving that far so Utah would be fine. A friend of mine recommended Rasmussen Mini in Oregon. Has anyone dealt with them before?

Second/3rd question – Does anyone live in or near Boise? If so, where do you get your maintenance done? I think the BMW dealership might do it but I’m not sure.

Thank you and sorry for the crappy first post!

Old 09-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Skidoo8
1st Gear
Thanks for all the help! You guys are great!

Old 09-03-2009, 06:16 PM
ron-s mini
6th Gear
Sorry - But one of the nicest things about Idaho is there is not that many people there ( I am a guy from a big city and could use some of that serenity).

Old 09-04-2009, 12:32 AM
SimpsonGI
Coordinator :: Emerald MINI Car Club
My wife and I have purchased two MINIs from Rasmussen and my mother-in-law purchased hers from there as well. They seem to be very knowledgeable and Dan Clarke is a great sales advisor (we've purchased all of our MINI's from him).

If you want to have any maintenance performed under warranty, you have to take the vehicle to a MINI dealership. You cannot just take it to a BMW dealership to have warranty work done.

Good luck with purchasing your new MINI. They are one great car to have, I still love mine after having it for two years.

Cheers!
Gary

Originally Posted by Skidoo8
Hi Everyone,
I’m new to this forum and was wondering if I could get your opinions on a few questions that I have?

First question- I live in Boise Idaho and was wondering what dealership would be the best place to get my mini from? I was thinking Oregon because they are close and I have family that live in Portland so I could kill two birds with one stone making the trip. I have no problem driving that far so Utah would be fine. A friend of mine recommended Rasmussen Mini in Oregon. Has anyone dealt with them before?

Second/3rd question – Does anyone live in or near Boise? If so, where do you get your maintenance done? I think the BMW dealership might do it but I’m not sure.

Thank you and sorry for the crappy first post!

Old 09-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Skidoo8
1st Gear
Thanks SimpsonGI for the info.

I figured that would be the case with the maintenance. This is a big concern for me since it sounds like the Mini has a lot of issues especially for someone who is picky, which I am.

Cheers!

Old 09-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Project Mangler
3rd Gear
We just bought a Mini from Rasmussen, still waiting(anxiously!) for them to finish prepping it so we can pick it up. Brady House was our sales rep, he was great to work with. You do have to be careful during the finance part of the deal, like any dealer they'll try to sell extended warranties, etc. Not all bad deals, but do your homework. We bought their GAP insurance, turns out we probably could have saved a few hundred bucks by buying through our insurance company. But I'm happy with them so far.