Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical Anyone have MyMini Gauge Bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 02:56 PM
xizor
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have MyMini Gauge Bracket?

I purchased this from MyMINI for my wife to replace the stock bracket for her autometer boost gauge. Problem is, the way the holes are drilled in it, we can't figure out how you're supposed to install it. No reply back from MyMINI customer service either after 2 weeks either

This a pic, it doesn't line up correctly w/ the tach on my 2005 MCS 6MT. Anyone have this bracket and gotten it to work?

Old 01-07-2007, 03:26 PM
landyray
1st Gear
I just finished installing the boost gauge on my '06 MCS using the MyMini bracket. Upon discovering that the pre-drilled holes on the bracket lined up with absolutely nothing on the back of the tach, I just eyeballed a good angle for everything to line up and drilled a couple of holes in the tach. The bracket is then installed with short sheet metal screws. I'm not sure if this is the intended usage, but it works well and looks good. Just be cautious and dont drill too deeply, possibly impaling tender little tachometer parts inside.

Old 01-07-2007, 03:32 PM
xizor
4th Gear
glad someone has the answer, I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to drilling additional holes in it

Old 01-07-2007, 05:22 PM
cooldaddy
5th Gear
I basically did the same thing. This bracket is nice to start with but the holes do indeed not line up with anything. I actually shortened the bracket by an 1", and also used some very short self-tapping screws to attach it to the tach...

Originally Posted by landyray
I just finished installing the boost gauge on my '06 MCS using the MyMini bracket. Upon discovering that the pre-drilled holes on the bracket lined up with absolutely nothing on the back of the tach, I just eyeballed a good angle for everything to line up and drilled a couple of holes in the tach. The bracket is then installed with short sheet metal screws. I'm not sure if this is the intended usage, but it works well and looks good. Just be cautious and dont drill too deeply, possibly impaling tender little tachometer parts inside.