Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical Third brake light pulsar

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 09:51 PM
ArmyDog
Coordinator::Asia
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Third brake light pulsar

I just installed my third brake light pulsar from GoMiniGo. It took about 30 minutes to install. I chose to take the light completely out and did the wiring in the house. The hardest part was busting the seal on the gasket. The lense was quite tightly sealed to the body. The pulsar works as advertised....you do notice it. I also had installed the brake light mod from GoMiniGo in 2004 when the MINI had about 400 miles on it. Now the rear is noticable with the mods...and people can't say they never saw me brake if they should run into the boot at a light....

Old 11-14-2006, 07:24 AM
MadHatter
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to steal your thread.... but has anyone got any sources for adaptive brake light controller ?
That is; a flashing third brake light that pulses (flashes) at different rates. Really fast flashing when you are hard on the brakes, and several steps of flash rates to steady state when slowly on the brakes...

Old 11-14-2006, 07:43 AM
miniml2
1st Gear
Me too

I also put in the third light flasher from GoMimiGo this weekend. Since I had already changed to clear lights, getting the light out was easy. But disconnecting the connecter between the light and the wiring harness was a *****, and in the process of trying I it broke. I ended up by-passing the connecter and hard wiring the light to the wiring harness, and when I finally got the third light flasher installed, it did work great.

The "Give Me a Brake" set up, which wires the unused fog lights into the brake light circuit, was another story. I wired in one side, and it didn't work. I checked and double checked that the bulb was good, that I had connected it to the correct wires, and that all the crimps were tight. Still wouldn't work. So I e-mailed GoMini Go, and got a response right away. Finally yesterday they told me they'd send another unit out right away, in case the diode in the first one is bad. We'll see, but I can sure say that the folks at GoMiniGo have been terrific.

Chris Burdett

Old 11-26-2006, 09:01 PM
retroom
4th Gear
Give me a brake light kit

Any updates? Is the "give me a brake" circuit working now? I'm getting one, any installation tips/instructions?

retroom

Originally Posted by miniml2
I also put in the third light flasher from GoMimiGo this weekend. Since I had already changed to clear lights, getting the light out was easy. But disconnecting the connecter between the light and the wiring harness was a *****, and in the process of trying I it broke. I ended up by-passing the connecter and hard wiring the light to the wiring harness, and when I finally got the third light flasher installed, it did work great.

The "Give Me a Brake" set up, which wires the unused fog lights into the brake light circuit, was another story. I wired in one side, and it didn't work. I checked and double checked that the bulb was good, that I had connected it to the correct wires, and that all the crimps were tight. Still wouldn't work. So I e-mailed GoMini Go, and got a response right away. Finally yesterday they told me they'd send another unit out right away, in case the diode in the first one is bad. We'll see, but I can sure say that the folks at GoMiniGo have been terrific.

Chris Burdett

Old 12-02-2006, 04:03 PM
tc4653
4th Gear
I ordered mine today, I hope I'll have it before I leave for Baltimore next Thursday.

Old 12-02-2006, 05:11 PM
NMgokart
6th Gear
Just got mine (Give Me A Brake) today, along with the CravenSpeed stubby antenna ( good for an extra 25hp!). Will try the install tomorrow and report back.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:33 PM
retroom
4th Gear
Installed yet?

Did you install the Give Me a Brake yet?

retroom

Originally Posted by 3cocinas
Just got mine (Give Me A Brake) today, along with the CravenSpeed stubby antenna ( good for an extra 25hp!). Will try the install tomorrow and report back.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:45 PM
jimz68
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the GoMINIGo pulsar kit on my MCS. Last week I stopped at a 7-11 and the guy who parked next to me said "I was behind you at the stop light. That flashing brake light sure is annoying.....Where can I get one?"
Jim

Old 12-09-2006, 07:49 AM
tc4653
4th Gear
It's been a week, I'm still patiently waiting. Well, mostly patiently.

Old 12-09-2006, 08:37 AM
NMgokart
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tc4653
If that was directed at me, sorry, something came up Sunday (cat died) and I didn't get to it. Will give it a go today after it warms up a little (34F right now...BRRRR!)

Old 12-09-2006, 08:41 AM
mini-rolls
Former Vendor
Post Office stated it was delivered yesterday. Can you let us know if you did not get it. It was sent out in Mondays' mail as you ordered late Saturday. We always get orders in the mail the next mailing day.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:50 PM
tc4653
4th Gear
If that was directed at me, sorry, something came up Sunday (cat died) and I didn't get to it. Will give it a go today after it warms up a little (34F right now...BRRRR!)
Chill! In the good way! Naw, I was just referring to my order.

Originally Posted by mini-rolls
Post Office stated it was delivered yesterday. Can you let us know if you did not get it. It was sent out in Mondays' mail as you ordered late Saturday. We always get orders in the mail the next mailing day.
Wasn't complaining a bit, well anymore than I do whenever I order something. I was out of town on Thursday and made it home about 4pm on Friday. It wasn't in the mail yesterday, but was delivered as I am typing this (literally).
I'll have it installed this weekend.
I have a heated garage.....

Old 12-09-2006, 01:59 PM
NMgokart
6th Gear
OK, electrical campers, I'm reporting back. The GoMINIGo Give Me a Brake kit is officially awesome! Took me longer to figure out how to unclip the wire plug on the first one, than to do the complete install. Once the clock started, took all of 10 minutes, and only that long because I had to get my wife to come out and hit the brake pedal (twice) to check operations.
A very fine, and safety enhancing product. Thanks, mini-rolls!
Next up: PULSAR!

Old 12-10-2006, 07:25 AM
tc4653
4th Gear
The Pulsar is going in today, but slightly off topic - I installed the rear seat pull straps (gominigo) and they are slick. It beats the heck out of crawling all around or going from front to back to get the rear seats up.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:56 AM
tc4653
4th Gear
Okay, the Pulsar is installed and way cool!

Old 12-26-2006, 10:26 AM
retroom
4th Gear
Give me a brake light kit

Sounds great! I ordered one today. Hope the installation is as easy as it sounds.

retroom

OK, electrical campers, I'm reporting back. The GoMINIGo Give Me a Brake kit is officially awesome! Took me longer to figure out how to unclip the wire plug on the first one, than to do the complete install. Once the clock started, took all of 10 minutes, and only that long because I had to get my wife to come out and hit the brake pedal (twice) to check operations.
A very fine, and safety enhancing product. Thanks, mini-rolls!
Next up: PULSAR!

Old 12-26-2006, 04:41 PM
tc4653
4th Gear
Originally Posted by retroom
Sounds great! I ordered one today. Hope the installation is as easy as it sounds.
It's really straight forward, the only issue I had was the size of the adapter makes it a little awkward to find a place to locate it. Once I was able to get that worked out, it was only a couple of minutes.

Old 12-26-2006, 04:50 PM
dadofTHOR
3rd Gear
I installed a Pulsar this weekend. It was fairly easy to do, except it kind of freaked me out cutting the wires:impatient . It works great, and I truly believe that it was $30 well spent.

Old 12-26-2006, 05:03 PM
namwob
5th Gear
I hope you get to spend lots of quality time behind them too.

Old 12-26-2006, 07:50 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have the brake-light flashers on my bikes, and I really think they're effective. Anything you can do to increase your visibility on a motorcycle is usually money well-spent.

I wouldn't want a flasher module that flashed continuously, but the ones I have flash three times and then remain constant as long as the brake remains applied.

Old 12-26-2006, 08:16 PM
namwob
5th Gear
The only one I've experienced was on a delivery van. It was a continuous style, rapid fire & very very bright. Plus he rode his brakes. The idea is great(hey stupid, wake up, your in your car & everyone else is stopping!) Some of the other designs sound fine.

Old 12-27-2006, 06:41 PM
IrishCooper
5th Gear
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
The Pulsar is going in today, but slightly off topic - I installed the rear seat pull straps (gominigo) and they are slick. It beats the heck out of crawling all around or going from front to back to get the rear seats up.
You know its funny i hand made some straps for the backseats like 6 months ago, and was going to offer them to people for cheap then i saw them start selling them, although there version seems alot more complex and has alot more webbing than mine, nonetheless its good that someone else thought about it and did something.

Old 12-27-2006, 08:16 PM
mini-rolls
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by IrishCooper
You know its funny i hand made some straps for the backseats like 6 months ago, and was going to offer them to people for cheap then i saw them start selling them, although there version seems alot more complex and has alot more webbing than mine, nonetheless its good that someone else thought about it and did something.
Actually we have been selling rear seat straps for over three years, we put them under the GOMINIGO name at the beginning of 2006 as we joined forces with another MINI owner to form our company and combine our products.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:00 AM
IrishCooper
5th Gear
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Thats cool im glad someone had the same great thought although it looks like its a strap of webbing and connects both posts, mine only connects to one post. BTW theres a thread going on at my local board about your brake light flasher versus another one. I have the other one but havent installed it cause i was going to get yours. But im on the fence. Heres a link to my board conversation http://www.metroplexmini.org/forum/s...ad.php?t=17796

Old 12-28-2006, 11:18 AM
tc4653
4th Gear
Originally Posted by IrishCooper
It's one of those things I didn't go looking for, but since it was available it made since to add it. Sure takes a pain out of my back, etc.

Quick Reply: Electrical Third brake light pulsar