Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical Newly Installed Mini Circuit

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 08:20 AM
cyclensf
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newly Installed Mini Circuit

I just installed my new Mini Circuit yesterday and it is working fine, and all of the toggle switches are also working fine. The only thing is that for whatever reason, the Service Engine Light came on and now, the car if functioning fine, but I still feel compelled to get this checked out. Does anyone know if I should remove the circuit to have the car checked out, or if that can have any causative effect on the check engine light? I don't really want to remove the circuit just to find out everything is fine and have to install it once again.

Also, Ian if you are one here, I couldn't email you directly from work because the link won't work on my work computer.

Thanks

Robert

Old 07-18-2005, 08:22 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had the circuit on my car for almost 2 years and am yet to see the SES light come on.
Unless you tell the dealership about it, they won't even know the circuit is in there.

Old 07-19-2005, 04:33 PM
cyclensf
1st Gear
Well, as mysteriously as the light came on, it has now gone away. I have checked out every electrical function I can think of on the car, and everything seems to be working just fine. So, for now, I am just going to keep an eye on things and see what happens.

Old 07-19-2005, 04:42 PM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by cyclensf
Well, as mysteriously as the light came on, it has now gone away. I have checked out every electrical function I can think of on the car, and everything seems to be working just fine. So, for now, I am just going to keep an eye on things and see what happens.
Any specs on your car? Like do you have a MCSa like mine and have a common problem that MINI has just released a ecu update to fix it? The MINI circuit should have no affect on your car accept giving it a feature it should of had from day one.

Old 08-13-2005, 09:50 PM
inmimini
2nd Gear
yea i agree i doubt mini circut is the trouble, i am asuming your talkin bout the auto window up circut. ive had it for a while now and no trouble.
Originally Posted by cyclensf
I just installed my new Mini Circuit yesterday and it is working fine, and all of the toggle switches are also working fine. The only thing is that for whatever reason, the Service Engine Light came on and now, the car if functioning fine, but I still feel compelled to get this checked out. Does anyone know if I should remove the circuit to have the car checked out, or if that can have any causative effect on the check engine light? I don't really want to remove the circuit just to find out everything is fine and have to install it once again.

Also, Ian if you are one here, I couldn't email you directly from work because the link won't work on my work computer.

Thanks

Robert

Old 08-15-2005, 08:13 AM
cyclensf
1st Gear
Well, it has been over a month now, and the light has still not come back on. I think it must have just been some transient glich. The circuit is working great, and I agree that it is a function that the my Mini Should have come with to begin with.

Specs: '04 MC, Indy Blue/Indy Blue, MCS spoiler, CVT, Nav, HK Stereo, Sports Pkg, Conv Pkg, and nearly every other option available except parking distance control and the sports suspension.

Old 08-15-2005, 05:17 PM
GBMINI
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry ... did not see this post previously.

Thanks to Agro & MDS for filling in for me

If you follow the install instructions, there should be nothing you can do to the MINI to trip a fault - the circuit is installed with key off, and a first check (of LED lighting) ensures that the plug is fitted properly so there is no risk of blowing a fuse.
Maybe the SES just came on coincidentally - it would worry me too, if I just installed something and the fault light came on immediately.