Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical wire colors drivers door 2010 mini to roll up window?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 09:51 AM
BorderDrop
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wire colors drivers door 2010 mini to roll up window?

Bought a wrecked 2010 mini, have no key fob and would like to supply power to the window regulator to roll the drivers window up (stored outside) There must be about a dozen wires in the door connector (locks, regulator, mirror etc). Can anyone tell me which wire is power and which is regulator up power?
Thanks

Attached Thumbnails wire colors drivers door 2010 mini to roll up window?-minidoor.jpg  
Old 10-23-2017, 02:33 PM
ammodave
5th Gear
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
The Bentley manual is a little vague but it seems to show a blue wire with green stripe and a black wire with blue stripe going to the window motor. Good luck.

Old 10-23-2017, 03:31 PM
BorderDrop
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the window up...what I did was remove the door panel (youtube video), the regulator has a (5) wire connector, of the (5) two are a larger gauge probably 12ga, the other three about 18ga. On my first attempt I connected a 12v battery charger to each of the larger wires and the window went up!

Thanks!

BTW: It's a 2010 Mini with 1.6L 16 valve turbo engine, convertible, 25,000 miles, have it listed on the Albany, NY craigslist for parts.