Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical Diagnostic tools

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 05:40 AM
pdeinc
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Diagnostic tools

I am a new owner of a 2009 Clubman S and will be adding the Multifunction Steering Wheel to it soon and understand that I will need to activate the functions once everything is installed. From what I've read, the best choice for tools is the Carly for BMW app coupled with a OCB2 tool.

I'll also need those tools to reset the airbag warning light since I unwittingly unplugged the yellow connector under the driver's seat while confirming my car was optioned with the Bluetooth module which isn't working. The aux input doesn't appear to be working either and from what I've learned here, those modules/functions cannot be diagnosed with the Carly app. My question is it worth it to invest the time and energy to also acquire the tools to diagnose the MOST components since I don't anticipate making any mods in the future or see that there are other functions I'll need to monitor or change in the future.

I also wonder that since Bluetooth and Aux input are both options and neither appear on the radio menu, is it possible they've been disabled? Perhaps the radio was replaced or reset in some way. If so, can they be re-enabled with the Carly app?

Has anyone had any experience having a mini dealer troubleshoot the MOST components? Is it an expensive option? If the Bluetooth module has failed, I'd replace it myself but other than that, I don't have enough knowledge on that system to understand what else is involved.

And lastly, while I find good info on the Carly app and functions, I find very little on tools for the MOST system so what are they?

Old 10-24-2017, 12:04 AM
hanks
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pretty sure Carly can only code currently existing module types. You will need to add that function with ncsexpert. I have Carly and pretty much only used it for a few things before I switched over to full of San setup.