Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical MFSW added to 2008 R56

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 02:18 PM
Chuck I
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MFSW added to 2008 R56

I was advised by two Dealer sources that in order to do this I would need a new steering column switch unit and either a new MFSW or the switch modification kit. Plus it would need to be reprogrammed by them. All this at a cost of around $800. My car has a build date of 4/2008. My current steering column switch unit has a part number of 61313451901. I do not have DSC or Rain sensor. The first thing I did was buy a very nice MFSW on eBay for $60. I put the wheel on and loaded up NCSExpert.
I used NCSExpert to do the following changes:
Add $249 to the VO.
Update the CAS and FRM modules with the new VO.
Update SZL module: Change MFL to aktiv.
Update KOMBI module: Change TEMPOMAT_SETZ_ANZ_DAUER to wert_02.
Change ACC_AUSSTATTUNG to wert_01.
After doing all that it works like a charm. Not only does my Cruise Control work but everything displays correctly on the dash and my radio controls function correctly. My advice to anyone doing this is to make sure your DATEN files are updated. ALSO, don't be afraid to get second or third opinions when dealing with the dealers! Hopefully this info will help somebody in need!

The following users liked this post:
cerberus (07-23-2020)
Old 08-10-2017, 05:27 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Going to move you to the Gen2 area