Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical After market spotlights with Bi Xenons

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 09:16 AM
wesacosa
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After market spotlights with Bi Xenons

Hi All
I am trying to wire up some after market spots which I would like to come on with main beam. I planned to splice into the high beam wire to the headlights and use that to switch my relay.. However it turns out I have bi xenon headlights so no main beam live at the headlights. seems like I have to wire the relay switch from the footwell module but forum searches are not clear as to which wire I need to tap in to. I have seen the official BMW wiring instructions for the factory spots and loom and there are wires to 3 pins on the module, 4 ,12 and 48 but the diagram is a bit rudimentary and doesn't say what the pins do. However some other people say to run the relay switch to pin 41.
Has anyone done this either from the footwell module (or even better, if there something else under the hood which would get a live feed for a high beam signal) who could help point me in the right direction
many thanks
Wes