Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical R56: Hikari LED vs Silverstar Ultra vs Silverstar zXe

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 02:25 PM
wsalopek
3rd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
R56: Hikari LED vs Silverstar Ultra vs Silverstar zXe

I've never been happy with my R56 headlights, would love something brighter, and now that one bulb has burned out, it's time.

Trying to decide between these three.

Even after reading descriptions, I'm not sure I know how the Ultra differs from the zXe (is it just that the zXe is a whiter white?)

And I'm very tempted to go with the Hikari's, as the price doesn't seem too high. Part of the issue is trying to figure which is brighter, comparing watts to LMs, and also whether the Hikari's will play nice with the canbus.

Ultra: AMAZON

zXe: AMAZON

Hikari: AMAZON

Thanks...

--

Bill

Old 06-01-2017, 09:32 AM
James3370
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the zXe before going to HIDs from www.xenonhids.com

I've been thinking about going LED & those Hikari are 1/2 the price of the xenonhids LEDs. I will say to make sure if you go LED to make sure it is the version that has (4) LEDs per bulb.....1 per side on on low & all 4 on high. I tried a set of LEDs from amazon that were 2 LEDs per bulb & the light dipersion was horrible if you don't have factory projector housings

Old 07-23-2017, 03:05 PM
the_dude_abides
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just picked up a set of the Hikari from Amazon:

Amazon Amazon

I wasn't able to complete the installation. The pins on their male end do not line up properly with the pin holes on the female connector to the car. So I have no review, just that I couldn't install them.

They have 3 leds, one on one side (LB I assume), two on the other (HB I assume).

edit: 2013 R55 S