Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical OBD problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 05:20 AM
SteyrTMP
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OBD problems

I had my 2004 MCS dyno tuned about two years ago by Jan (I could use some more info if you know who I'm talking about; I've been away for quite a while) and had no problems. I had the supercharger replaced less than a year ago, and it threw a code. When the guy that replaced the supercharger went to check the OBD, the computer could not connect. Luckily, the code went away on it's own once the car moved... However, last fall, I got a SES light. The car started running rougher, especially in idle. I've had a few problems in the past--the cat broke and it was welded back together, although it was more of a temporary fix, it needs to be replaced--so my guess is one or both of the O2 sensors is going. Go figure, I passed the warranty for the o2 sensors about 1k miles ago. However, I have no way of checkin to make sure that's the problem.

I've checked the fuses, they are all good. I had my buddy bring his scanner over, and it would not connect. My dad brought his, and he said it was lighting up, so there is power, but no connection.

Has anyone had any similar problems after having the ECU tuned? My guess the best idea would to get the mod flash sent to me, along with the stock flash, and return to stock to see if it works, then return to the upgraded flash. I really don't want to keep it on the stock flash, as I have the rev limiter changed as wel as a decent hp jump.

I live in the Cleveland/Youngstown Ohio area. Anyone local and knowledgable?

Oh well, I'm falling asleep. Any help would be greatly appreciated.