Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical Your SIRIUS [aftermarket] setup? Mine = Chaos

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 10:53 PM
uRabbit
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your SIRIUS [aftermarket] setup? Mine = Chaos

So I have a horrible setup for my SIRIUS. I've got wires going from my dash, thru the lining of the step-board, thru the back seats, and up thru the boot door to my antenna (the parts from the step-board and back aren't bad). The Dash is chaos. Wires dropping down in front of the passenger. I've got the SIRIUS deck mounted (via velcrow strip) to the dash right on top of that arch created by the speedometer.

The main problem - besides the chaotic wires - is that the deck falls down, due to the glue on the velcrow failing to stick to the deck for extended periods of time (down to about 3 days of good "stickage"). I've had it up for about four months now.

Any ideas of where/how to mount this deck and how to wire it to minimalize the mess? Can't mount on vents. And the windshield mount just doesn't work. That's why I got the velcrow strips.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:30 PM
checkers
5th Gear
Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts
Mine is mounted below the switch panel. No problem with wiring or anything else. It's out of the way and can't be seen from the out side. I use the remote and it works just fine. I also use the same unit in my truck. It'ds not hard to pop it in and out. I had it done at Best Buy.