Eastern Iowa MINIs Eastern Iowa MINI enthusiasts group

What Bugs You About Your MINI And What Did You Do About It?

Old 08-01-2012, 07:38 AM
Jim_Spencer
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Bugs You About Your MINI And What Did You Do About It?

Hey All!

I've had my 2012 MCS for about 3 months now and there are a few things that bug me about it. I'm betting you have your own list. I'm interested in what bugs you, and more importantly, what have you done to address it.

Here's my list.
1. Inside Door Scratches - I often can't open the large doors all the way when getting out of the car. I often need to stop when I get to the first open 'stop' in the swing. That gives me enough to get out but my left shoe scrapes the lower front of the inside of the door and now it has scratches I don't like. I would like to put on some sort of adhesive 'kick plate' but I haven't found anything.
2. Paint Chips - The paint seems to be more fragile than my other cars. It also could be that I'm more aware of it on my MINI. Got a paint chip already on the back bumper and now a small rock chip on the roof. Grrrr.
3. Window switches - Having them in the middle column isn't too bad but if you have cups in the cup holder, they are hard to get to.
4. Mini Connected - One of the best things about my MINI is the Mini Connected system. It is also part of the worst for some things. Bluetooth radio to my phone is unreliable and video playback when parked is nearly impossible to get working from my iPhone. (I realize this is a minor issue)

What's on your list?

Old 08-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Jim_Spencer
1st Gear
I re-read my post and it makes it sound like I don't like my MINI. Don't get me wrong. I love my MINI. I sent the post just to see if the EIM community had similar 'gripes' and how you were able to make improvements/fixes.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:35 AM
deanman
5th Gear
It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more fun to focus on what we love, love, LOVE about our MINIs.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:36 PM
JPMM
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
most things can be tailored to taste as you will find

Originally Posted by Jim_Spencer
Hey All!

I've had my 2012 MCS for about 3 months now and there are a few things that bug me about it. I'm betting you have your own list. I'm interested in what bugs you, and more importantly, what have you done to address it.

Here's my list.
the divers side speaker was broke, I was going to replace it but I keep kicking it so now i know 1. Inside Door Scratches - I often can't open the large doors all the way when getting out of the car. I often need to stop when I get to the first open 'stop' in the swing. That gives me enough to get out but my left shoe scrapes the lower front of the inside of the door and now it has scratches I don't like. I would like to put on some sort of adhesive 'kick plate' but I haven't found anything.
i really don't its think any worse than others 2. Paint Chips - The paint seems to be more fragile than my other cars. It also could be that I'm more aware of it on my MINI. Got a paint chip already on the back bumper and now a small rock chip on the roof. Grrrr.
love em, you will too over time 3. Window switches - Having them in the middle column isn't too bad but if you have cups in the cup holder, they are hard to get to.
don't have your setup , but do have the talk to the car thingie and i like it alot
4. Mini Connected - One of the best things about my MINI is the Mini Connected system. It is also part of the worst for some things. Bluetooth radio to my phone is unreliable and video playback when parked is nearly impossible to get working from my iPhone. (I realize this is a minor issue)

What's on your list?