Way Motor Works Noise Maker Delete Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 08:30 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
Way Motor Works Noise Maker Delete Pipe

Way Motor Works has just released our new Noise Maker Delete pipe.
If you have a 2007-2011 with the noise maker this pipe will remove it. If you don't know about the noise maker you will lean doing away with it is a good thing. Looking as the air charge pipe going down to the throttle body you will find a 1 inch rubber hose coming off the plastic connecting pipe. This hose runs to a round plastic box then has a hose connecting it to the firewall. This "noise maker" was designed by MINI to pump engine noise into the interior so you could hear your engine and feel cool. Well we found that this hose and box actually bleed off engine boost ever so slightly to activate it. Then we started removing them by replacing the entire pipe and hose. This has always worked and customers found removing this would improve the throttle response not hurt the sound. Well those pipes were almost $200 so we wanted to make a more cost effective option.

This WMW perfect machined aluminum pipe is a direct fit to the stock rubber hose going to the throttle body. Then at the top it is machined to accept the quick connect on the top rubber hose and the factory snap ring. After all the precise machining we even got the price under $100 to make it truly a cost effective mod you will notice. Install also takes approx 1/2 an hour.

WMW Noise Maker Delete $89.95

MADE 100% in the USA

Here it is installed

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 06-10-2018, 01:42 PM
MrGrumpy
6th Gear
Received 241 Likes on 207 Posts
I was looking at replacing this charge pipe, but on my 2012 Countryman there is no noise maker, looking at it, it looks a lot like the picture after the delete mod. Is there baffling or anything in this factory piece that I would benefit from replacing or is the factory set-up ok now that they don’t put in the noise maker to begin with?

Old 06-10-2018, 02:32 PM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
I just had this apart on my car. Half an hour is pretty optimistic, it took me four hours with a couple of screwdrivers and some WD-40 to get the rubber hoses unstuck from the plastic factory piece that this replaces. Maybe when the car was new and the hoses weren't glued to the fitting by years of heat cycling, it could be done in about an hour.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:35 PM
MrGrumpy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DneprDave
I just had this apart on my car. Half an hour is pretty optimistic, it took me four hours with a couple of screwdrivers and some WD-40 to get the rubber hoses unstuck from the plastic factory piece that this replaces. Maybe when the car was new and the hoses weren't glued to the fitting by years of heat cycling, it could be done in about an hour.
is that plastic piece between the two hoses smooth inside or is there something in there that disrupts the air flow?

Old 06-10-2018, 02:41 PM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
It is smooth inside.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:45 PM
MrGrumpy
6th Gear
It is smooth inside.
That’s great thanks! I’m waiting for my new turbo to arrive, as well as a new hot side pre-Intercooler pipe, and was really debating with myself about replacing the cool side as well, but if it flows pretty free through there, I don’t see a point in it. Probably would just be a waste of $$ unless it had the noise maker, but it doesn’t.
thanks again, you just saved me some cash!!

Old 06-14-2018, 06:31 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
It can be done faster, but I do know what you mean fighting whatever glue or goop they put on the hose when the put it together. We normally just take the top hose off, then loosen the clamp on the bottom part up and use the screwdriver to slide in the hose and walk all the way around to break up that glue. Then we can pull it apart.
Or just take the entire hose off the throttle body and do it on the bench makes it easier too.

Originally Posted by MrGrumpy
I was looking at replacing this charge pipe, but on my 2012 Countryman there is no noise maker, looking at it, it looks a lot like the picture after the delete mod. Is there baffling or anything in this factory piece that I would benefit from replacing or is the factory set-up ok now that they don’t put in the noise maker to begin with?
On the N18 they didn't have the Noise maker so you won't need the noise maker delete pipe. But still can use our resonator delete pipe on the hot side of the turbo.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 06-14-2018, 06:50 PM
MrGrumpy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
It can be done faster, but I do know what you mean fighting whatever glue or goop they put on the hose when the put it together. We normally just take the top hose off, then loosen the clamp on the bottom part up and use the screwdriver to slide in the hose and walk all the way around to break up that glue. Then we can pull it apart.
Or just take the entire hose off the throttle body and do it on the bench makes it easier too.

On the N18 they didn't have the Noise maker so you won't need the noise maker delete pipe. But still can use our resonator delete pipe on the hot side of the turbo.
have the hot side pipe on the way. Should arrive Monday

The following users liked this post:
WayMotorWorks (06-14-2018)