Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain QuickSilver Exhaust Install-d-mini-ero

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 05:01 AM
greatgro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
d-mini-ero - have you thought about the borla exhaust? I was over on the other website for just a sec reading about pulleys when I ran into this magnaflow/borla comparison. This guy says the Borla gives SOME power (5hp vs 10hp for MAgna over what the intake gives) and has no drone and is fairly quiet. This might be what you're looking for.

Borla/magnaflow comparison

Old 03-14-2003, 08:06 PM
friedduck
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly I hope Dennis goes for a test ride with someone before the next exhaust purchase! I tell you I worry about him :smile: Seriously after reading all the different perspectives I'm waiting 'till I can hear these things firsthand. I won't want to go on an exhaust fishing expedition.

Jeff

Old 03-15-2003, 05:37 AM
greatgro
6th Gear
I agree friedduck! Morales is going to give me a ride in his Magnaflowed S tomorrow. THen either I'll order it or eliminate it. Since the exhaust is still up in the air and we still have to wait for the UCC, I'm seriously considering skipping the exhaust for now and jumping right to the 15% pulley. THen I can get some serious power while I'm waiting for the UCC.

Old 03-15-2003, 05:53 AM
d-mini-ero
6th Gear
Me thinks...Greatgro ...has truly been biten by the mod bug.
He continues his unsiatiable(prob spelt wrong)...lust for......HP gains...
Everyone listen closely.... and you can hear greatgro chanting...
"give me power....power..is all i want...power is what i need :smile:

Go get em mi amigo. :smile:

Peace,
D

Old 03-15-2003, 11:36 AM
friedduck
4th Gear
I just have to find folks in Atlanta with aftermarket exhausts installed so I can go for a spin (as passenger.) A six-pack of the bev of your choice! (mmmm, samuel smith's oatmeal stout)

Jeff

Old 03-15-2003, 02:21 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
>>Me thinks...Greatgro ...has truly been biten by the mod bug.
>>He continues his unsiatiable(prob spelt wrong)...lust for......HP gains...
>>Everyone listen closely.... and you can hear greatgro chanting...
>>"give me power....power..is all i want...power is what i need :smile:
>>
>>Go get em mi amigo. :smile:
>>
>>Peace,
>>D
>>

Old 03-18-2003, 10:52 AM
MCSHP
2nd Gear
Are you guys serious? I have had the Magnaflow system and it literally gave me a headache. My wife refused to drive over 50 miles in the car. It was so bad that I could not drive in 6th gear for long periods of time.

I have the QS on and now it’s not a problem. I don’t notice any intrusive droning. I just completed an 1800 mile trip and I do not have one complaint about this system nor does my wife. Do you guys drive with your rear seats folded down? There is a considerable noise change with any exhaust if you do this.

Something to keep in mind if you guys are having issues with the QS system you should not be modifying you car in any respect. Adding an intake, supercharger pulley or exhaust will make your car louder. Maybe I don’t hear the drone because I have an Intake but the QS system is not in the same drone league as the Magnaflow!

You may want to make sure you had it installed correctly and you dont have any exhaust leaks.

I just did a track event last weekend and I had about 10 people come over and ask how that exhaust makes the turbo woosh noise. It sounds like a 200mph fan blowing air under full throttle. This is not annoying by any means but sounds like a rocket. I love this about the QS system.

I am 31 years old and I do not have any of these issues. I have the Rogue Intake, QS exhaust and Supercharger pulley.

Bottom line here is that you are not going to get quieter than stock with any aftermarket exhaust. I think you guys are making this out to be a bigger deal that what it really is.

Do you want an electric car or a performance car?

Speaking of Electric get this. I was getting gas with my cooper S and this blonde drives up and asks “ oh how cute is that an electric car?” umm lady I am getting gas. Ooooooooo she says.

Old 03-22-2003, 08:30 PM
mikehome1
3rd Gear
Quicksilver exhaust-installed it today.Took two of us two hours with the car on a lift.It is definitly a job for two.
I think the interior noise is a bit too loud.I'll be reserching ways to quiet down.I wish I had the car dynoed before and after.If the hp gains are enough,I'd wouldn't care about the noise.

Old 03-25-2003, 05:01 PM
Rustle
Neutral
hey Jeff/Friedduck!
i'm in atlanta (tucker) and you are welcome to go for a ride with me to listen to the Quicksilver :smile:
and since you offered ... i'll take a 4 pack of Boddingtons!

-Rus

Old 03-25-2003, 08:02 PM
friedduck
4th Gear
Deal! (oh, good taste in beer, btw)

I'll PM you to set it up. We should recruit other locals & have an exhaust shoot-out!

Jeff