Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Sway bar and pulley!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 03:12 PM
inimmini
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sway bar and pulley!

Just had an R-speed sway bar and 15% pulley installed on my '05 MCS yesterday by Eric @ Helix. I'm now completely enthralled with driving this car. First off - the sway bar is an amazing improvement to the overall feel of the car. I expected better cornering at the limits, but the real bonus is how much more solid the car feels ANYTIME you turn the wheel. At high speeds, the car is now just "point and shoot", way better stock, which wasn't bad to start with. I can't believe MINI didn't make it this way from the get go.

OK, the pulley? It's nice. I probably had some overly high expectations based on all the posts here. But the car is clearly faster, and just overall feels "lighter". No more waiting for 3000rpm; it pulls pretty good from the low 2000's. One thing I noticed right off the bat when Eric took it for test drive - the exhaust pops more! No real problem, but it does enhance the popping. At the moment, the pops are bit high pitched for my taste, so I'll be saving up for the exahust. Naturally, the SC whines a bit more, but nothing annoying, in fact I understand the comments others make about getting addicted to the sound.

Plug for Eric & Helix: friendly, knowledgable, thorough. Highly recommended!!

Old 04-16-2005, 04:11 PM
Veni_Vidi_Vici
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the mod club. Beware, tho, after that first hit you can be addicted. Look at my sig and you'll see what I mean.

Old 04-16-2005, 04:15 PM
carletta
1st Gear
Inimmini, I got the pulley from Eric, also. Your thread got me psyched. I just emailed him about a sway bar. One question; do you still have the runflats, or did you upgrade to conventional tires? I have an '05 also, and the handling is not confidence inspiring at the limit with the Pirellis.

regards, david

Old 04-16-2005, 04:55 PM
minicar3
2nd Gear
Another Plug for Eric

Hey,
I also want to throw in a plug for Eric. I also had the 15% pulley, R-speed sway bar, Borla exhaust and getting ready to do a little suspension work up at Helix soon. I have Yokohama AVS tires on the car also. Eric is, as you said, friendly, knowledgable, thorough. I also recommend him
Chuck

Old 04-16-2005, 05:23 PM
inimmini
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carletta,

I have the 16" x-lites and stock Dunlop run flats. When they wear out, I'll get non RF along with lighter wheels if I can swing it. Probably stay at 16", but wider.