Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain 15% Pulley, What did they install?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 03:23 PM
ElonCooper
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
15% Pulley, What did they install?

I just got back from having (what I thought was) a Mini Madness 15% reduction pulley installed at my dealer. When I got home, the pulley looks nothing like the black pulley shown on Madness website. This pulley is hollow in the center (you can see the end of a shaft in center, with the little yellow paint mark from factory), is mostly silver in color, and has only four hex screws instead of the six shown on the website. Any idea what was just installed on my car? Any folks have a madness pulley, and was it the black anondized as you expected? This isn't about Madness themselves, they are not involved here, please get that.

Old 03-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Nuvolari
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ElonCooper
I just got back from having (what I thought was) a Mini Madness 15% reduction pulley installed at my dealer. When I got home, the pulley looks nothing like the black pulley shown on Madness website. This pulley is hollow in the center (you can see the end of a shaft in center, with the little yellow paint mark from factory), is mostly silver in color, and has only four hex screws instead of the six shown on the website. Any idea what was just installed on my car? Any folks have a madness pulley, and was it the black anondized as you expected? This isn't about Madness themselves, they are not involved here, please get that.
I just had a 15% pulley put in by George at MINI-MADNESS. It had six bolts, and he even mentioned it as a selling point. Sounds like you got something else. It was black.

Old 03-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Minirox
3rd Gear
It isn't a madness pulley. If it was dealer supplied and installed your paperwork should say.

Old 03-28-2005, 03:46 PM
jlm
6th Gear
the Alta (and presumably the non-
alta copycat) have four bolts but no hole in the center.
The P&D has six bolts and a hole in the center.
that rules them out.

Old 03-28-2005, 03:49 PM
DarkMiniCooperS
6th Gear
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
My MINI-Madness 15% pulley has 6 bolts and is silver...

I think your dealer forgot to install 2 of the 6 bolts!

Old 03-28-2005, 04:04 PM
jlm
6th Gear
mini mania:

Old 03-28-2005, 04:11 PM
ElonCooper
3rd Gear
jlm,
Holy crud. Thanks folks. I just tried to get on their website, but I couldn't get on. I had a thought that they gave me the wrong name. However, you know how much time we all spend on this site to get our info right, so I had confirmed twice it was madness before ever making an appointment. They have only sold Madness stuff, CAI, etc. as far as I know.

Yes, that is it exactly. Silver in the center, and black where the belt rides. That's a bit of a load off, but still a little as to what happened.

Now, are you all going to tell me I got an old design, that even Mini Mania has updated? Heck I Don't even know what this one is made of, but I'll research that one. You guys are great with the responses. Thanks.