Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain re Cam the R53 ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Montana Miniac
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re Cam the R53 ?

Could I get some feedback on changing the stock R53 cam for something more suitable (is there such a thing) for autocross? Is moving the torque band worth it?

Old 10-03-2017, 04:04 AM
N2MINI
6th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Depending on what Class your already in changing the cam may force you to change classes. Unless you don't plan to tell anyone.. If you know where you need more torque at you might could get an ECU Tune to help if you haven't already... and if you added a cam you'd want to get it tuned as well to get the most out of it..

Old 10-03-2017, 04:39 AM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
Received 264 Likes on 210 Posts
if you tune you are going to be in STX, if you put in a cam or pulley you are in SMF and then you can do damn near anything you want

I have a rmw dominator cam and i like it, but it's more top end

Old 10-03-2017, 05:29 PM
BlwnAway
6th Gear
Received 255 Likes on 191 Posts
We all know what a cam change can do, esp dialed in for a specific use, but for track and rules compliance, I'm wondering about using an Adjusted Cam Gear, since all you're doing is tweaking what is already there.
Granted I was already heavily modified when I did mine, but it really helped the stock Cam out, +8 ft/lb of torque from 2700 up, to me it seems like a track car could really benefit from that.

Just a thought.