Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Invidia N1 help

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 02:00 PM
Yupoong
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Invidia N1 help

Hey guys! Was wondering if someone had some insight on this... So I've had my Invidia N1 cat back on for about 3 months now, and i'm not quite happy with how much the pops are muffled. To put in perspective I have a Megan Racing catless header on the car already, I ran it for some time with no mufflers, or cats, and the pops, bangs, and gurgles were very fun.

Now comes my question. With the Invidia N1, are you able to replace the mid pipe, where the big resonator is at, with the non resonated pipe from a Miltek catback, and still keep the connecting pipe to the rear 2 pipes, or is it too different of a setup to be done?

Old 07-30-2017, 07:46 PM
Mini_Chan
5th Gear
I replaced the resonator with a straight pipe, so it can be done.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:54 PM
Yupoong
2nd Gear
How did it sound with just the 2 rear mufflers? I fear it might be too loud, and drone with only those two small mufflers.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:26 AM
Mini_Chan
5th Gear
It's not that bad to be honest, but I still have the stock header. I don't have a drone either. My exhaust use to have that burble, but I don't hear it anymore :(

Old 07-31-2017, 10:05 AM
Yupoong
2nd Gear
Well, I've decided to go through with it, might do it today and will let you know!