Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain "Bump" in pedal feel after Valeo clutch??

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 03:56 AM
IQRaceworks
6th Gear
Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
"Bump" in pedal feel after Valeo clutch??

I've got around 3,800 miles on the new Valeo clutch that I installed back last November. I'm very happy with it so far, and it works great.

Recently over the last few months, I've started to feel a little bump, or "pop" through the clutch pedal as I'm releasing the clutch. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't affect how the clutch works.....it's mostly just annoying. As I let the clutch out, around half way out I feel a little bump, or pop in the pedal.

Could this be a clutch/pressure plate issue....or maybe a slave cylinder issue?

Anyone else heard of (or had) and issue like that? Any info would be great. Thanks

Old 05-11-2017, 08:51 PM
Andrew Riley
4th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Check your slave cylinder! The bottom mounting bolt for the slave is really thin material and can easily break. When I did my clutch job I noticed mine had broken. If you're handy and have access to the tools you can make your own jig.

But, these guys offer an awesome product.

That what would be an easy fix, hoping it's nothing​ internal.

Surprised more R53 owners haven't spoken on this considering how thin that piece actually is.
My ¢.02.
Good luck.