Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain N14, valve covers, PCVs and VTA

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 06:25 AM
paultu1985
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N14, valve covers, PCVs and VTA

Hi all!

I recently purchased my first Mini - 2008 Mini Cooper S w/6spd manual. It's in great shape and I love it so far. I recently installed a BSH oil catch can and while I felt very clever at the time, I realized that it's only helping with part of the problem. I figured I wasn't alone in this observation, and oh wow, I wasn't alone.

Condensing hours of reading and learning from Czar, Dave, and others, I'm planning on capping my passenger side top and bottom (or doing a BSH boost tap) leaving my BSH OCC installed, but instead, dropping the return hose down so it vents to atmosphere. Likewise, I'll then add a small turbo inlet filter for where that return line would originally go back into the intake. Clear enough.

My question is this: Should I still replace the existing, original N14 valve cover with the upgraded "fixed" version even with the work described above? Do I gain any carbon reduction or efficiency by doing so? Thanks all!

Last edited by paultu1985; 04-03-2017 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Typo