Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Looking for a good machine shop near central PA

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 06:12 AM
jetsr6
3rd Gear
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Looking for a good machine shop near central PA

I'm going to rebuild my Mini this spring and looking for a good machine shop to bore, hone, balance.
And I'm also looking for a good place to send in the head for a small port job. Any considerations. I'm not looking for huge HP. Just refresh motor and 250HP or so.

Last edited by jetsr6; 12-27-2016 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-28-2016, 04:30 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by jetsr6
I'm going to rebuild my Mini this spring and looking for a good machine shop to bore, hone, balance.
And I'm also looking for a good place to send in the head for a small port job. Any considerations. I'm not looking for huge HP. Just refresh motor and 250HP or so.
Not familiar with PA, but VAC Motorsports in Philly, where I bought my Cat Cams, advertises their shop. Check them out? Had my block bored / honed and a Cylinder Support System installed at a shop in NH. They also do balancing --- quick turn-around and reasonable pricing --- http://cylindersupportsystem.com

For head work, I use Thumper Performance in FL --- been doing Mini heads for a long time. You can probably find a local shop but be sure to check their reputation before committing.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:41 PM
jetsr6
3rd Gear
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Thanks, I've found both of those shops from your post I read through and that mite just be my best bet. I have a few months to find figure it it out. I only paid $2500 for the car and got it running for $4,000 all in. Love this little thing.