Bytetronik ECU Flash/Tune for the F56 B48 MINI - Page 5 - North American Motoring

Bytetronik ECU Flash/Tune for the F56 B48 MINI

Old 09-14-2017, 12:48 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimaki View Post
Do you have any dealers in Australia that can do this flash?
f54 JCW Clubman auto... I believe the auto box is newer/stronger in the F54?
We do not have any dealer set up in Australia at this time.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:22 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytetronik View Post
Our Shop 2015 JCW-Auto has been put through all sorts of tests for the past two years and the auto gearbox has no issue handling this torque level. And the drive-ability is superb (even better than stock)
So, read through the whole thread, but still have questions. Let's assume I'm bone stock ECU now in a 2015 JCW auto. I don't need multiple maps, I only need one tune for 93 octane. e85 is a pain in the butt to find for me, so no need for it. In RARE occasions, my only option is 92 octane (wtf, WaWa?).

If I understand your site (https://www.bytetronik.com/services/...es-ecu-tuning/), I need a JB4 for any of the four options. If I only need one map, I'm in option A or B? What's the difference between the two

Also, let's say I have a 1/4 tank of 93 octane and am forced to put in 92 to get to another station that has 93. How bad of a situation is that?

Whichever option you steer towards based on the above, how does it work when it has to go in for service and the dealer flashes the ECU?
Old 09-16-2017, 07:46 AM
5th Gear

you don't need a JB4 for all of the options...the JB4 isn't required at all...there are just fans of the JB4 that dont' want to give it up, but would also like the tune, so BT offers a tune that can be paired up with the JB4. from what i understand, they do not mess with the boost in those options because the Jb4 handles that. they'll adjust the other parameters under the assumption that the JB4 will increase boost by X amount. Last thing you want is to increase boost via a tune and have the Jb4 increase more on top of that.

for your option, i'd imagine you want Option B, which is is a tune all by itself that does not require anything else. Option C is a nice to have as it does give you the option to load up a map (should you wish) down the road.

if the dealer flashes the ECU, you do have to send the ECU back to them in order for them to "patch it" so that a map can be uploaded. in your case, you'd send it back so that they can tune it again (should you go with option B).
Old 09-16-2017, 06:47 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFB View Post
So, read through the whole thread, but still have questions. Let's assume I'm bone stock ECU now in a 2015 JCW auto. I don't need multiple maps, I only need one tune for 93 octane. e85 is a pain in the butt to find for me, so no need for it. In RARE occasions, my only option is 92 octane (wtf, WaWa?).

If I understand your site (https://www.bytetronik.com/services/...es-ecu-tuning/), I need a JB4 for any of the four options. If I only need one map, I'm in option A or B? What's the difference between the two

Also, let's say I have a 1/4 tank of 93 octane and am forced to put in 92 to get to another station that has 93. How bad of a situation is that?

Whichever option you steer towards based on the above, how does it work when it has to go in for service and the dealer flashes the ECU?
For Remote customers, we only sell the Package C (Stage 1 Flash with OBD2 Flash module). We are running a 20% off Special at this time and this package is only $795 + Shipping (instead of $995).

The major plus of having a custom tune from us is that we retain the 'fail-safe' features of the ECU mapping. In case you run into a bad tank of gas, the engine protection parameters will kick in and it will default to the safe timing map to cope with the lower octane.

Having the OBD2 Flashing module gives our remote customers a lot of flexibility. Let's say for instance the Pop and burbles are too much for your liking, we can simply email you a modified map and you can flash it into your ECU in your driveway in about 2 minutes. This is a major plus to all of our remote customers who are not local to the Austin, TX area.

Before you send in your ECU, we suggest that you get your ECU and other computers updated to the latest software thus avoiding any software over-ride in the near future.