JCW Tuning kit b48 - North American Motoring

JCW Tuning kit b48

Old 05-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Neutral

JCW Tuning kit b48

Ordered the kit today and should have it installed by Friday. Was skeptical, but one of my customers did and it Pulls! The exhaust, even with the valve open isn't obnoxiously loud. Ordered a Milltek cat back system but figured get a tune and exhaust from factory and not have to worry about piggy back system confusing my DME(seen it with the Remus system). Anyone else get it done? What are you thoughts?
Old 05-08-2015, 07:54 AM
2nd Gear

Recently got mine installed. The sound is great and the power gain is nice. I'm still waiting on the carbon exhaust tips, though.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:48 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the901 View Post
Recently got mine installed. The sound is great and the power gain is nice. I'm still waiting on the carbon exhaust tips, though.
Would seriously consider the JCW stainless steel tips. I've got them on my 10 day old Cooper S with the tuner system. Was thinking of getting carbon fiber until new car mngr. talked me out of them. Besides the ridiculous cost, carbon fiber over time will start turning orange in color. Was going to get carbon fiber hood scoop and decided not to for same reason.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:53 PM
6th Gear

I've had my kit installed since January and am very happy with it. I'm also running the NM Power Module.
To keep CF from coloring with age you need to use a UV protectant clear coat. That's what people tell me anyway. The only CF on mine is the AWE intake.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:59 AM
2nd Gear

Mine dynod at 227 bhp which is pretty good and i decided to use std. tips to keep the unmodified look. They did have to be slight modified to fit though.

I also asked for no jcw stickers in engine or boot.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:15 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootyvrs View Post
Mine dynod at 227 bhp which is pretty good and i decided to use std. tips to keep the unmodified look. They did have to be slight modified to fit though.

I also asked for no jcw stickers in engine or boot.

What kind of modifications were necessary, I was not not possible but I assumed there was a way (always is) but wondered how much work was needed.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:54 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyJ View Post
What kind of modifications were necessary, I was not not possible but I assumed there was a way (always is) but wondered how much work was needed.
The std. tips go on no problem but they are slightly longer than the jcw pro tips so they foul the mechanism that open/close the flap.
The mini mechanic cut a small piece out of one of them
Old 02-06-2017, 10:24 AM
1st Gear

Does BMW ever run a sale on the JCW tune pkg ?
Old 02-06-2017, 12:42 PM
2nd Gear

I have called a few different dealerships and got different quotes, it is still a bit pricey for me right now but without tips (which they all said I had to have) it would save a little money. I think some dealerships run specials on it from time to time. I think the kit can be had for $1400ish but the labor to install is high.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:12 AM
1st Gear

Red face

Thanks heavy...my quotes are mid $1700 w/o tips plus labor..Tips and labor plus taxes push $3K out the door
Old 02-07-2017, 11:54 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippa View Post
Thanks heavy...my quotes are mid $1700 w/o tips plus labor..Tips and labor plus taxes push $3K out the door
That is high but I think is kind of inline with most dealers, When I ordered my car I was told they could do it at the VPC or whatever it is called and it was $2200-2300 (claiming that was only the parts). I was really toying with it but didn't want to it delayed more and they could not give me an exact time it would be delayed. Also I didn't want to finance that much more and then pay sales tax on the whole amount. I dont know if I would make the same decision now because price was pretty good, also would have been nice to to just have it. It was my first Mini and the waiting was hard for me. I figured I would wait a year and still see if I wanted it and then shop around. I called around a couple months ago I think install $850ish + parts which were marked up but around 1700 plus the tips and tax. Need to find someone with a wholesale account get it for $1300-$1400 and then talk to the dealer to install it. I could install the exhaust, just not the tune.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:12 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippa View Post
Does BMW ever run a sale on the JCW tune pkg ?
BMW doesn't sell the JCW Tuning Kit. MINI does. MINI is owned by BMW, but then again, so is Rolls Royce.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:43 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKtheteach View Post
BMW doesn't sell the JCW Tuning Kit. MINI does. MINI is owned by BMW, but then again, so is Rolls Royce.
So does Rolls Royce run a sale on these then?
Old 02-07-2017, 02:08 PM
2nd Gear

Just called the dealer $2560 w/ tax out the door w/ chrome tips, $2345 w/ no tips but was told that they are welded on and not removable, would need to check on this.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:58 PM
6th Gear

I paid somewhere around $1400 installed, but I had a certified Mini/BMW tech order it and do the install. The tips are held on with a set screw, not welded.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:40 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetsvette View Post
I paid somewhere around $1400 installed, but I had a certified Mini/BMW tech order it and do the install. The tips are held on with a set screw, not welded.
Yeah I know I am still jelly about that, but the drive to NC or VA kills most of the savings. The stock tips are set screwed?
Old 02-08-2017, 11:48 AM
6th Gear

No, the Pro Kit tips are set screwed. Sorry, I misunderstood you about that. Not sure how the stock tip are mounted. When I changed systems I tossed the stock pipe.