Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Turner Motorsport Rocks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 05:47 PM
MeanGRN
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First let me say that I don't work for these people.

The story goes as follows: I contacted Kevin at Turner Motorsport several weeks ago to let him know what my plans were with my MINI Cooper S. I was planning to have an Alta pulley, Webb Motorsports Head w/ Schrick Cam and large valves, Spec stage 2 clutch, Quaiffe LSD, ported and polished intake manifold and runners to the intercooler installed. I wanted to know what time frame would be involved and how much lead time would be needed. I was quoted 1 week shop time with about 2 week lead time. I told him that I would order the parts and keep him informed of the progress and we came up with an approximate date for having the work done. He made room for me in his busy schedule without me making an appointment.

Well throuhg much adversity, like loosing a tech to their race team the previous week, parts not arriving on time, wrong parts shipped, ect. They were still able to get the job done on time and under budget. Their work is impeccable and you cna eat off the floor of their shop.

If anyone in Massachusetts, Southern NH, or Maine needs performance work on their MINI at a fair price give them a try. You won't be dissappointed. Their web site is here.

Cheers,

JD

Mean Green, '04 BRG/W MCS, 3 pkgs w/three spoke wheel, Auto wipers, H/K, Cordoba Leather, Ociari Body Kit, White S-lites, Rear Fogs, Pin Strips, Painted Racing Stripes. Lots of other go fast goodies!!!!

Old 03-27-2004, 05:38 AM
fueledbymetal
3rd Gear
Enough about Turner - tell us about how your car performs now!!!

Old 03-27-2004, 06:32 AM
mcs22004
5th Gear
I live in the next town over and am seriously considering a pulley.

I emailed Turner, but they never got back to me.

Old 03-27-2004, 07:04 AM
TomM
2nd Gear
Turner, based on many many many reports from BMW owners who have been going to them for years, is one of the best shops you can take your street car to for a "race car" upgrade. They have a top notch SPEED World Challenge Touring team and IMO, is the place to go for work on your car.

I don't work for Turner, and in fact they would be a competitor in our case, but they deserve a lot of credit.

Old 03-27-2004, 07:50 AM
Bisch
6th Gear
Unfortunately, I was dissapointed by them. When I bought my MINI, I spoke with them about having over $6K of work done. After more than two weeks of phone tag and no return calls/faxes, I gave up. Their loss.
They have a great race team, and I'm sure their work is super....they just were not on the ball with me.
...I did buy a header through them

Old 03-27-2004, 08:33 AM
andy@ross-tech.com
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
jdgross,

Did Turner warn you about the supposed dangers of running too rich ... err too lean ... err ??? with the pulley but stock software? It seems they had several unsubstantiated claims to that effect:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...&start=125

Old 03-27-2004, 09:06 AM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Turner installed my Borla exhaust and B&M short shift kit, and both times I was very very impressed with their professionalism and promptness. My Borla was installed on a Saturday, when they're not even usually open. I'll definitely be going back to them for any future performance upgrades on my Cooper.

They're in Amesbury, MA, if that hasn't been mentioned yet.