Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Your MCS exhaust reference thread. Videos. Sound clips. etc

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 05:42 PM
massmini03
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Guys,
Looking for information on the Magnaflow Header w/cat set up, that is found on WMW. I have an Invidia cat back and looking to finish it off with header and a cat. I can't find any videos or info on the Magnaflow headers, only their catback set ups. I want to make sure I'm simply not replacing stock, and if or any sound difference.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:11 AM
kkcshipp
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Last Friday my resonated MILTEK exhaust arrived from ECS Tuning. Saturday, with the car up on jack stands I began replacement of the OEM on my 03-MCS. It was worse off than I thought, with rust taking out the straps and seizing the forward, pre-cat bolts. After breaking both bolts off, I began putting on the new Miltek system and I must say that it fits like somebody actually took the time to ensure fitment. I've been driving for 4 x days now and I can't say enough good things about the system and the service at ECS Tuning to get that rascal to me. Damn, it drives a lot smoother than I thought but had multiple holes (rust) in the old system. Love it!

The following 2 users liked this post by kkcshipp:
ECSTuning (04-11-2019), Eurothrasher (01-04-2021)
Old 06-18-2019, 02:48 PM
Paul Giraldo
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anybody covered a straight up muffler delete? I tried skimming but, you know, 32 pages happens to be a bit much. I have videos if it isn't in this thread.

Old 09-09-2019, 11:03 AM
Jerry Balch
1st Gear
I'd be interested in hearing the muffler delete!

Old 10-13-2019, 06:03 AM
Bnourai
5th Gear
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Hay all
So all the info is Great and has taken the OP and everyone so long and time to produce. But it is all about how to get a louder car. Well mini is loud as it is.
Now I need to pick you all's brains. I have a 2009 MCS and I was catless until last week. Stage 2 manic about a year ago I had my muffler shop custom make a 2.5" exhust for me but I had the OEM S muffler it sounded good, about 7mo ago another muffler shop installed MF performance Muffler on the car that sounded louder but nice deep tone for a few weeks but it started getting unbearable after that the resonance inside the car drives me crazy it got to the point that I added 2 MF resanator but it was very little change, so 2weeks a go we removed one and added a 200cell cat in the quest for quieter car cool for the first 2 days then louder than before LOL.
So is there other than going back to cated DP. I know some smartie will say (price of power) option of good quiet muffler out there for me?
Thanks in advance
Ben

Old 10-14-2019, 05:51 AM
veedubpat
4th Gear
Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Bnourai
Hay all
So all the info is Great and has taken the OP and everyone so long and time to produce. But it is all about how to get a louder car. Well mini is loud as it is.
Now I need to pick you all's brains. I have a 2009 MCS and I was catless until last week. Stage 2 manic about a year ago I had my muffler shop custom make a 2.5" exhust for me but I had the OEM S muffler it sounded good, about 7mo ago another muffler shop installed MF performance Muffler on the car that sounded louder but nice deep tone for a few weeks but it started getting unbearable after that the resonance inside the car drives me crazy it got to the point that I added 2 MF resanator but it was very little change, so 2weeks a go we removed one and added a 200cell cat in the quest for quieter car cool for the first 2 days then louder than before LOL.
So is there other than going back to cated DP. I know some smartie will say (price of power) option of good quiet muffler out there for me?
Thanks in advance
Ben
Have a Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator installed wherever it can be fit in the exhaust system: https://smile.amazon.com/Vibrant-114...s%2C153&sr=8-1

If you have an RPM-specific drone after that, look up "helmholtz resonator" and follow the instructions to calculate pipe length and add that in wherever it can be fit along the exhaust system.

Old 10-20-2019, 05:38 AM
Bnourai
5th Gear
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Thank you bud, may have to go that route.
Ben

Old 10-26-2019, 06:46 PM
ingsoc
6th Gear
Facebook Post

RMW 1.8 stroker turbo conversion with mechanical rockers

Old 02-05-2020, 09:52 AM
R53Madness
2nd Gear
Anybody have one of these? https://xforceusa.com/product/es-mini-01/. I have there header and i am very impressed so far. Thanks guys!

Old 02-05-2020, 09:54 AM
R53Madness
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Da_Ghost
Finally got something that looks like an exhaust after a coworker who's more of a talker than a doer did a shitty job to fit my Varex and a custom catback... The stock manifold cracked at the pre-cat not even a week after... I had to take my somewhat expensive Varex muffler to a welding shop to get it fixed. I had the middle section welded with a mig (not stainless), but I don't really mind since I plan on changing the manifold again in the near future (RMW since I plan on getting one of their head anyway). So right now, I have a OBX header, modified factory cat so it's 2.5" all the way, an 18" Vibrant resonator and XForce Varex muffler. I went with the Varex as I work in a city where there's that one cop that hunts anything modified. He even have his own modified coat hanger to stick in mufflers and see if there's baffles in there. So yeah, Varex was the logical choice for me. It's not cheap, but with the trap closed, it sounds like stock (at most like a One-Ball) and when it's open, well, it's not fully straight pipe, but it makes a bunch more noise. There might be a bit of raspiness due to a slightly leaking v-band.

Mini Cooper S 2005 R53 Varex - YouTube
Is this the exhaust you have? https://xforceusa.com/product/es-mini-01/