Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Another one of those Exhaust threads....And!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 09:34 PM
Baby Kito
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another one of those Exhaust threads....And!

Hey guys so I know theres a billion threads regarding exhausts, etc etc. BUT i have a few questions. I've searched NAM and googled and looked around at what I could. This is more for the R55 guys. I recently got my R55 4 weeks ago and need an exhaust bad, like real bad. This is a video of my old cars exhaust, actually my car is in he video. It's the black S4 on the lift at the end. Catless straight piped to an X pipe straight out the back. The silver one only has high flow cats. Mine was the prototype. Thing was amazing.

SO I was wondering what size tubing people have been going with. I've looked around and the common answer is 2.5 resonated cat less. I was thinking of going to a local shop to get one bent up. But then I was really getting interested in the Riss racing down pipes and the invidia setup. Ive come across a few different nice setups butt thats been a common. So Clubman boys and girls, what do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RISS-RAC...r#ht_590wt_951

I was also wondering about thoughts on the riss racing resonator pipe I found. I'm coming from a completely different scene so I apologize if anything seems really dumb of me.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:57 PM
p8ntbollr
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not sure what youre downpipe looks like, but if its the same one thats on the r56 then I have a riss racing catless DP that will make your ride purr real nice

Old 06-29-2012, 03:30 PM
zcast
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For a while I was looking into the Remus exhaust. It is just mufflers and pricey for what it is, but it sounds nice for sure. Then I met the guys at CooperCrap.com at AMVIV and sold me on their R55 exhaust. It basically eliminates the 2nd cat, and straight pipes back, no mufflers. It sounds amazing with no drone. I am sure there is more to it than just straight pipes, as I am no exhaust expert; but it 1. sounds amazing, 2. Has no drone, 3. Tips looks good. and 4. Most importantly, is realtively inexpensive.

It's worth a look on their website. The video of the R55 exhaust doesn't do it justice to what it sounds like in person.

-Z

Old 08-29-2012, 08:16 AM
laforze
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zcast
For a while I was looking into the Remus exhaust. It is just mufflers and pricey for what it is, but it sounds nice for sure. Then I met the guys at CooperCrap.com at AMVIV and sold me on their R55 exhaust. It basically eliminates the 2nd cat, and straight pipes back, no mufflers. It sounds amazing with no drone. I am sure there is more to it than just straight pipes, as I am no exhaust expert; but it 1. sounds amazing, 2. Has no drone, 3. Tips looks good. and 4. Most importantly, is realtively inexpensive.

It's worth a look on their website. The video of the R55 exhaust doesn't do it justice to what it sounds like in person.

-Z
Do you know the specs on this exhaust? Like what pipe diameter is it running?